Air jordan retro 5 "Black silver" 2011 edition detailed pics

Still thinkin about coppin these. Still have the 07's tho. I haven't seen these in person, but i Like the 07's better. Strictly because of the clear bottom, and lack of ashyness. 

I know that people who have slept on these are gonna look back in dismay. Any true jordan head needs these in their arsenal. Even if you have the 00 and 07s still... These are a must have

Originally Posted by donttalkitlivit

Still thinkin about coppin these. Still have the 07's tho. I haven't seen these in person, but i Like the 07's better. Strictly because of the clear bottom, and lack of ashyness. 
Dude, There is NO "ashyness", and the sole is NOT blue.  The pics make the shoe look waaaay different then they look in person.  IMO these are WAY better then the '07's, and YES I own both.  The '07's are more ashy to me, the deep black on these is insane!

Originally Posted by papeshfoo

Dude, There is NO "ashyness", and the sole is NOT blue.  The pics make the shoe look waaaay different then they look in person.  IMO these are WAY better then the '07's, and YES I own both.  The '07's are more ashy to me, the deep black on these is insane!

QTF you can't even tell these have a "blue tint" , I usually dont un DS a shoe right away but I couldn't resist wearing these out saturday night , in terms of ashyness there is none , the material is nicely put together and they're built very soild , no creasing what so ever and comfortable as can be

Originally Posted by BinYe

Originally Posted by DZaster

They fit true to size to me. I could never trust NT on sizing. The only thing that most people were right about was the sizing on the White Cements which did indeed fit big. But these are definitely TTS to me.

exactly b,

fickle hipster kids kill me with this sizing stuff. Feet don't expand THAT much more in tha summa.

lol.

we all have different shaped feet so hey but im not a kid and they run big to me

Originally Posted by TheprinceofDE

Originally Posted by mrscott82

How's the fit on these? Half size bigger or true to size?

Read the last 5 pages

I read the last couple of pages and there is no clarification, my question was geared towards those who have them and wore them. Forgive me for not making that clear.

Originally Posted by cashm0neyand1

Yea if you guys didnt order them on Saturday even into the afternoon, youre SOL now.

laugh.gif
these are FSR's everywhere in NYC....da material change was NOT a welcome change, they'll be sharing dust space with da cardinal VII's that ain't move cuz they're just boring looking OG that people still had DS pairs from 2006.

however, with back to school season coming up, that tornado of parents buying kids fresh gear for class has da potential to sell out anything, so if you're on da fence and have ZERO V's then cop em within da next couple of weeks.

So much Hate on this shoe and It wasnt even butchered. I dont understand this. I just hope its coming from people who dont buy retro+ colorways.

Originally Posted by papeshfoo

The ashiness claims were hilarious. I love how everyone makes their purchasing decisions based on photos taken in white photo boxes. If there's a white or black background it means the photo was shot in artificial conditions, with LOTS of light. Of course the blue tint to the sole is going to make the entire sole look blue. I have these sitting next to me right now and it's barely even noticeable that the sole is even tinted. This is the case with many of these recent JB releases.
While the internet certainly has increased hype exponentially, it also gets people making purchasing decisions based on photos that will never do the product justice. These people pass on a quality release based on their perceptions of quality and materials when in reality side by side comparisons would show little to no difference. I think the comparison of the 2001 Concord vs the 2011 is another good example of this. If anything, the slightly blue tint is the first retro to bare the resemblance of the OG outsole, and the shape is pretty similar to the last retro in almost all respects. On a pure white BG though, the blue tint of the sole almost makes it look like it's a pure blue translucent sole (akin to the bred XI sole). It's misleading.

And to go back to the ashiness, these 2011's are a deeper, darker black than the 2000 retros. It may not be the same quality of nubuck over the long-run, but the color is less ashy and personally preferable. Someone feel free to prove me wrong with well lit photos of the 2000, 2007 and 2011's matched up for comparison's sake, but the differences will be very minor.

Originally Posted by chazc

Has anybody got theirs shipped from ndc yet? I figured they would ship today.

no luck, i placed my order on friday night too. hopefully tomorrow but damn, NDC is usually on point for shipping the Mondays following Saturday releases.

I wasnt even thinking of coppin these until RD, went to the mall pepped them out and bought my size. No hastle or running around for these here in the South Bay. Figure I'd give my BIN's a break and wear these instead. Very happy with my purchase & quality is on point IMO

Back
Top Bottom