Air jordan retro 5 "Black silver" 2011 edition detailed pics

From the looks of things online, these sold just as well if not better than TB3s and Bordeauxs.  Quality must be pretty good, not to mention this is a classic CW.  Still havent broken out my 2006s.  Might be time.

How much yellowing does the blue tinted sole actually prevent? I've seen some wolf gray 5s already yellow as hell.

been wearing my one pair around since Saturday and it has stayed in pretty good condition.

like i said before, glad i grabbed a 2nd one. these turned out a lot better than i expected and have really grown on me

Originally Posted by jecca650

How much yellowing does the blue tinted sole actually prevent? I've seen some wolf gray 5s already yellow as hell.

I can't speak on the V's tinted sole cause mine are all still DS, but I've worn my Cool Greys from December almost 10 times and they're not really yellow, other than around where the grey herringbone pattern is on the bottom, sides are still looking icey.  The Wolf Greys were had a total translucent bottom too, so that might be a factor.

Originally Posted by AIRRON

idk but im ready to yellow mine up, i cant wait.

pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by mrscott82

How's the fit on these? Half size bigger or true to size?

Bro I will give you my realest opinion on the fit. I am a size 12 in pretty much all of my J's which goes back basically 12-15 years. My true size is a 12.5 and whenever I can scoop that up I do. But I happened to try on a sz 11 that I got for my boy and real talk, if I had to I could rock them. Now dont get me wrong they were snug but seriously an 11.5 would fit on point. Also I was wearing really thin socks but I really cant remember the last time I put on an 11 so easily. So to answer ur question, personally I think they run 1/2 size big but to each their own. Hope this helps.

Never had da V's (word to ninja lol) and I copped with the B-day coupon
smile.gif
Only had 3 pairs left in my size and I inspected them for 20mins and mixed and matched to make sure I didn't have any "stains" or excess glue. The material was good but for $150 retail they can do better
30t6p3b.gif
Oh well these are gonna be beaters in the long run. Can't believe these are only my 3rd pair of J's in the last 5 years!

Oh and they fit true to size if people are still asking

Originally Posted by ALittleBitCooler

Originally Posted by iHust1e

Originally Posted by pimpjobu

Mannn
30t6p3b.gif

eek.gif
 daaamn! i knew the OG 3M was brighter than retros but I didn't know it was THAT much brighter! dope pic.
Am i missing something but those are three shoes pictured with three shoe boxes behind them.  Not one of them is OG

The quality on my pair is A-1! Actually these are made better than my 2007's in terms of the toebox area. 2007's crease easy soon as you step in them smh! Thx Jordan Brand for dropping these again!

Originally Posted by ninjahood

Originally Posted by cashm0neyand1

Yea if you guys didnt order them on Saturday even into the afternoon, youre SOL now.

laugh.gif
these are FSR's everywhere in NYC....da material change was NOT a welcome change, they'll be sharing dust space with da cardinal VII's that ain't move cuz they're just boring looking OG that people still had DS pairs from 2006.

however, with back to school season coming up, that tornado of parents buying kids fresh gear for class has da potential to sell out anything, so if you're on da fence and have ZERO V's then cop em within da next couple of weeks.

Yeah, I'm sure you've been all over New York going in stores just to see if they have the V's in
laugh.gif

And you still don't seem to understand the country is bigger than your block.

I had more of a hassle copping these than my cool greys. 5's don't last long in Montreal for some reason.

The icy toe cap on the wolf greys look horrendous. The full length icy sole wasn't a good idea

Originally Posted by Tone1020

Originally Posted by mrscott82

How's the fit on these? Half size bigger or true to size?

Bro I will give you my realest opinion on the fit. I am a size 12 in pretty much all of my J's which goes back basically 12-15 years. My true size is a 12.5 and whenever I can scoop that up I do. But I happened to try on a sz 11 that I got for my boy and real talk, if I had to I could rock them. Now dont get me wrong they were snug but seriously an 11.5 would fit on point. Also I was wearing really thin socks but I really cant remember the last time I put on an 11 so easily. So to answer ur question, personally I think they run 1/2 size big but to each their own. Hope this helps.

Thanks man

copped these on saturday and i love them.  My opinion is that they feel about a half size big but i guess everyone has a different opinion on these.  The only thing that sucks is my footlocker wouldnt take the birthday or the 15% survey coupon.

These are my new favs to wear! Wasnt that easy of a pickup to me, had to go to two foot lockers to get my pair. Got them in a 9.5 even tho im normally a 10. The quality on these is great! Ive worn mine everyday since saturday except today cus its raining here in chicago.

Got mine in store and the back up pair I ordered online also confirmed to be here tomorrow
smile.gif
Love these 5's for sure.

Originally Posted by Magic1978

Originally Posted by ninjahood

Originally Posted by cashm0neyand1

Yea if you guys didnt order them on Saturday even into the afternoon, youre SOL now.

laugh.gif
these are FSR's everywhere in NYC....da material change was NOT a welcome change, they'll be sharing dust space with da cardinal VII's that ain't move cuz they're just boring looking OG that people still had DS pairs from 2006.

however, with back to school season coming up, that tornado of parents buying kids fresh gear for class has da potential to sell out anything, so if you're on da fence and have ZERO V's then cop em within da next couple of weeks.

Yeah, I'm sure you've been all over New York going in stores just to see if they have the V's in
laugh.gif

And you still don't seem to understand the country is bigger than your block.

roll.gif
roll.gif
bout time someone got on this dude man.

Copped my size 12 off NDC last night... After so much hesitation, decided I wanted them after seeing them in person...

Back
Top Bottom