Air Jordan Retro 5 "Doernbecher" release!! 9/14/13 No BOT TALK/SELLING/BUYING/TRADING

the "unauthorized" version of these are out and they definitely have flaws, if you get tagged pictures from a seller and compare with nike's images you should be good. Just two things i noticed, the patent leather looks puffy and they seem to not have the shimmer effect

also the top of the tongue is jagged. also it may be just me but the glow doesnt seem quite as strong. the Nike on the lace bag looks off too

Wait a second, DB5s resell for 1500 these days??? LOL, people are dumb as hell. No wonder this country is in a debt crisis. 

Nope, those are atrociously bad...easily spotted.

Here's the GM ones starting to pop up...

Still noticeable flaws, but a whole lot closer to anything we've seen yet.  

wow, now that is crazy glad i got mine when i did. this is starting to get out of hand

Yea, I got mine about a month ago, and videos just started to appear the past week.  I went back and have looked at mine over and over again to just for peace of mind.  I've also watched YouTube pretty frequently to see some of the pairs to try to spot some of the flaws.

Big tell seems to be the tongue.  Wavy, padding looks off, and the "puff" around the Jumpan logo seems more pronounced than pictures/videos of legit pairs.  Other few inconstancies I've seen is that EVERY GM pair I've seen on YT come with a black colored blacklight.  I know they came in black, red and blue.  Box tag also looks incorrect.  Font/size is off, no price tag, and don't even see the "DB" listed, only "Air Jordan 5 Retro", not "Air Jordan 5 Retro DB".  Size of the lacebag also looks bigger (similar to the Bred 1 tell) than retail versions.

Mine seem to check out, but I was nervous when I started seeing the videos pop up.

Here's pics of mine for some comparison.  Mine seem to be legit (also these rep sites don't seem to get size 13s) to hopefully use as a reference point compared to some of the videos.  Hopefully someone can chime in who purchased them on RD and can add some extra photos for more piece of mind to potential buyers.  

Wait a second, DB5s resell for 1500 these days??? LOL, people are dumb as hell. No wonder this country is in a debt crisis. 
?? they been hovering around that price since they released buddy.
laugh.gif

?? they been hovering around that price since they released buddy.
laugh.gif
If you didn't get these a month after release...you're more than likely going to have to pony up or move on.

These had the typical resale slope, where right after RD the prices were very high, then flatlined a month out (seen some pairs in a size 13 go for $600-$800), then skyrocketed WAY up.  Pairs have dried up quicker than normal, especially in the harder to find sizes.  Good luck finding a size 13 for under $1,500.  FC and RIF both are OOS, and the only two currently listed on the bay are @ $1,500 and $1,650 respectively.

Yea, I got mine about a month ago, and videos just started to appear the past week.  I went back and have looked at mine over and over again to just for peace of mind.  I've also watched YouTube pretty frequently to see some of the pairs to try to spot some of the flaws.

Big tell seems to be the tongue.  Wavy, padding looks off, and the "puff" around the Jumpan logo seems more pronounced than pictures/videos of legit pairs.  Other few inconstancies I've seen is that EVERY GM pair I've seen on YT come with a black colored blacklight.  I know they came in black, red and blue.  Box tag also looks incorrect.  Font/size is off, no price tag, and don't even see the "DB" listed, only "Air Jordan 5 Retro", not "Air Jordan 5 Retro DB".  Size of the lacebag also looks bigger (similar to the Bred 1 tell) than retail versions.
REPPED

If you didn't get these a month after release...you're more than likely going to have to pony up or move on.

These had the typical resale slope, where right after RD the prices were very high, then flatlined a month out (seen some pairs in a size 13 go for $600-$800), then skyrocketed WAY up.  Pairs have dried up quicker than normal, especially in the harder to find sizes.  Good luck finding a size 13 for under $1,500.  FC and RIF both are OOS, and the only two currently listed on the bay are @ $1,500 and $1,650 respectively.
yup, and they won't even listen to any offers under 1500 
mean.gif

yup, and they won't even listen to any offers under 1500 
mean.gif
Yes they will, I sold both my size 13s for around 950 and at that time nobody was listing their pair for less than 1250.  You should be able to grab a pair for between 1000-1100 from a reasonable seller.  

You just have to know how to go about it and definitely understand the transaction can't go through ebay.  The biggest thing ebay sellers look for when you make offers is that you have a long standing account with good feedback, if you just created your account last week and are offering me full price I don't even want to sell to you.

Yes they will, I sold both my size 13s for around 950 and at that time nobody was listing their pair for less than 1250.  You should be able to grab a pair for between 1000-1100 from a reasonable seller.  

You just have to know how to go about it and definitely understand the transaction can't go through ebay.  The biggest thing ebay sellers look for when you make offers is that you have a long standing account with good feedback, if you just created your account last week and are offering me full price I don't even want to sell to you.
ive tried messaging 3 of them wanting to buy outside of eBay, 2 don't ever respond and one guy said he won't go lower than 1625.

i've had my eBay account since 2000..... 

ive tried messaging 3 of them wanting to buy outside of eBay, 2 don't ever respond and one guy said he won't go lower than 1625.

You've just got to keep with it, don't stress about those handful of guys that are unrealistic about resell prices.  There are a number of ebay sellers that list shoes in their collection that are ds that they have no "real" interest in selling but when they get someone that'll pay that ridiculous asking price they'll sell.

what size are you looking for?

nvm i just saw 13

Last edited:

lol sorry about your foot size. Sizes 8 - 10 are sitting at the 1250-1400 mark at FC for months.

Honestly it's better to stop wasting your time looking these unless you REALLY want them especially since theres GMs now.

I'm half tempted to buy it, take some pics videos for comparison, then filing a PP claim.

Eh...I'll just report it and move on. Someone will do a full comparison eventually.

Back
Top Bottom