Air Jordan V "Black Grapes" QS

Surprised at how limited these really were

I don't know why so many people were surprised at the limited availability of these since the TITLE of the thread says QS even though it was incorrectly used.

I actually thought these were GR that were somewhat limited. Seemed to be a GR that is limited stores with limited quantities instead.
The fact that we knew about the release more than 3 months ahead and that they were sold at Shoe Palace, Footlocker HOH, and Champs @ Serramonte confirms it isn't a QS.
no qs in the shoe title on ndc. But in reality, it was a blink strike. Blink, and they were gone.

I have a feeling that these limited but you never know these days since the major retailers hold some of their inventory. The retailers could be holding multiple pairs just for a big restock or something

Really, its 2013? Lol!

No I completely understand that. I'm curious to what she did differently than you that you didn't already know about to get a shoe you failed at getting that led to your surprise gift is all.
It's called the luck of the draw. She won he didn't simple as that

Last edited:
I have a feeling that these limited but you never know these days since the major retailers hold some of their inventory. The retailers could be holding multiple pairs just for a big restock or something
Manager at footlocker told me they seriously didnt get alot of pairs at all... 13 pairs is what was given out

I double copped and got my size 11.5 and grabbed the last pair after relining up and it was a size 12. usually it aint a problem i cant fix but these 5's leave tooo much room in the size 12 to wanna wear cos this material will crease easy as, so i dunno what to do. I doubt anyone down here will wanna size swap for a 11.5, ill try. I was plannin on rocking my first pair whenever i felt like it and then know i have a spare left to bring out (and take more caution with) but now i doubt id wear em. I could sell but id have to sell high enough to buy another and il get labelled a beast down here if i do that, ppl are onto that ish in my crew. the young ones mainly.
Im being told by everyone that these are TTS. The other V's released this year were all .5 over TTS. So keep that in mind. Or you can just put them on your feet and see for yourself. Personally, with the way the V's have to be shoehorned in, i like to go with a .5 bigger. Same with spizikes.

I hate to see how these look in the long run. It's a nice looking CW, but when it starts yellowing it will look unattractive. Still deciding if I want to trade them for something else or just keep them.
I honestly think they'll look even BETTER when they start to yellow...

Damn 400 huh ? That's pretty crazy, what woul you do ? That's 400 !!!
What do you guys all think, would you ? Lets say someone offered one of you guys that. You guys all in the thread have the option to chop em for $400 yes $400. Just curious to hear what you guys would do.
Last pair or not $400 and these are gone with a smile on my face. Heck 300 might do it. To each its own  its a cool shoe but in general my thinking at the end of the day with all these shoes is they just Nikes or Jordans whatever. I dont get caught up in the value that not just these but all kicks fetching these days. Got plenty other things i would put that money to.

If I had doubled up on these in my size, yea $400 would be great. Matter of fact I'd sell my only pair for $400, in 2 to 3 weeks there are going to be a bunch of these still for sale and the hype would have moved on to toro 4s and they should easier to cop for $210-$230.

Good luck trying to find for 210 - 230. You must be dreaming.

In a couple weeks there will be pairs for that price, even if you go by ridiculous $300 ebay prices that's still only roughly $260 in the sellers pocket after fees and shipping. You've got to be able to negotiate when your paying resale otherwise your always going to be a vic. The only shoes this year that I've seen people ask crazy prices and still sell them were royals, these are not royals.

That Lil Wayne video seems irrelevant to the black grape discussion. 
How is that irrelevant in any form? He's wearing the shoes.. if one thing will make kids want J's even more its Kanye/Weezy etc wearing them. He's going to be wearing them in his next music video, I'd say thats going to cause a lot of hype(even more) for the shoe.

The price on these will probably sit/come down a bit when people start receiving their pairs from online, so 1-3 weeks or so the market for them will be ok, when they dry up the price will only head in one direction.

In a couple weeks there will be pairs for that price, even if you go by ridiculous $300 ebay prices that's still only roughly $260 in the sellers pocket after fees and shipping. You've got to be able to negotiate when your paying resale otherwise your always going to be a vic. The only shoes this year that I've seen people ask crazy prices and still sell them were royals, these are not royals.
black and gold 1's. lebron mvps, and denims are a few.

also the seller is getting more then 260 most of them charge a grip to ship them. but i get where you are coming from. This shoe is so popular right now people are selling this shoe every avenue for big bucks

How much are you dudes looking to spend honestly? You can forget the 160-200 range..

No more than $300 so if anybody know where to get a 13! Let me know. I've seen size 14 for around $250-275. While I do have a size 14 in a couple shoes I think I would be pushing it? What you guys think although I could just were some Elite Socks.

walked into FTL at 6 hoping someone didn't pick up there pair and got lucky. It was a size 12 and took me all night but finally got my true size 10.5. These are dope.

View media item 457591 walked into FTL at 6 hoping someone didn't pick up there pair and got lucky. It was a size 12 and took me all night but finally got my true size 10.5. These are dope.
great find home...i def love these too... i was soo skeptical when i saw them in person two weeks ago at active athlete because that sz 13 was sooo ashy! but got my 10.5 yesterday and everything looked decent there a lil ash but ill put a brush to it

great find home...i def love these too... i was soo skeptical when i saw them in person two weeks ago at active athlete because that sz 13 was sooo ashy! but got my 10.5 yesterday and everything looked decent there a lil ash but ill put a brush to it
same here. I didn't want the ashness get to me. I'm glad I was able to find them. Drove all over Houston and wasted gas when I all I had to do is wait till 6 to get my pair

House of Hoops in Willowbrook Mall only got around 50 pairs, which was about 3x more than most spots got, but still, it was crazy.  I was coming back from the mall Saturday morning and a spot on Bloomfield Avenue got them and it was buck nasty.  About 4 cop cars, and just pure pandemonium.  This release was crazy, but so far haven't heard any incident other than the mayhem down at 21 Mercer.  I can only imagine how much Brooklyn is charging for these now...

How much are you dudes looking to spend honestly? You can forget the 160-200 range..

No more than $300 so if anybody know where to get a 13! Let me know. I've seen size 14 for around $250-275. While I do have a size 14 in a couple shoes I think I would be pushing it? What you guys think although I could just were some Elite Socks.

Get the size 14. where a pair of elite socks. I doubt your going to be playing ball in these.

Now I'm not trying to be the grammar police but c'mon son!!!

Back
Top Bottom