Air Jordan V retro OG - Nike Air - Fire Red/Silver tongue - May 2, 2020

My Hibbets order will be here Friday and my 2 orders from DTLR still show as Unfulfilled, but I got an email for both orders this morning saying they are working on getting them shipped out. So fingers crossed

New to NT but J5 was my first Jordan in HS as I got a pair of grapes when 6’s were already out cause fam couldn’t afford and got em on disco. I really wanted to like this shoe but just can’t. It is so much more bulky compared to the streamlined slim og and 99 retro and fits more like a boot not to mention that tongue. Glad for those that are enjoying as leather seems to be on point and if I never had the og wouldn’t have anything to compare it to. I did cop the 2016 metallic and they are humongous next to my 99’s.
I hate to hear that. My first J was the black tongue 5 so I know where you’re coming from. I was in 3rd grade and my parents wouldn’t buy me the 6 because I didn’t “need” a new pair. They didn’t realize the passion I have for the shoes. I spent nearly 2 years in my 5s. And I loved the hell out of em. I’m glad the tongue is black so shouldn’t have to worry about a retro making it shiny.

I hear ya though. I really miss the quality of the OGs. For what they’re charging now the new retros should be quality. Or at least a faithful replica in every other regard. But Gentry is a moron and has always tried his best to hurt sales to a shoe that sells itself and ironically gets praise from the industry lmao

Wifey pair from DSG . I’m jelly lol
80CBC010-1E16-44D5-AE52-4CCE0EDB966C.jpeg

What's annoying is I got through on FNL but my bank kicked it. Didn't send me a text or email. Just denied the ****.

Even though I literally used that same card to buy something else this morning from FNL.

I mean it makes no sense.

Just gonna double up on GOAT at this point unless I can actually manage to catch a restock. Hate footlocker and I dunno if I'll get lucky on other sites or not.

I hate to hear that. My first J was the black tongue 5 so I know where you’re coming from. I was in 3rd grade and my parents wouldn’t buy me the 6 because I didn’t “need” a new pair. They didn’t realize the passion I have for the shoes. I spent nearly 2 years in my 5s. And I loved the hell out of em. I’m glad the tongue is black so shouldn’t have to worry about a retro making it shiny.

I hear ya though. I really miss the quality of the OGs. For what they’re charging now the new retros should be quality. Or at least a faithful replica in every other regard. But Gentry is a moron and has always tried his best to hurt sales to a shoe that sells itself and ironically gets praise from the industry lmao
I couldn't agree more as far as the quality and what we actually get compared to what we are paying for these shoes also considering what it costs them to make. I mean look at the Jordan 1's.

The Hyper Royal's are a perfect example. A colorway no one wanted but I get a pair in hand and was blown away by the quality and how soft they are. Then I get a pair of the Obsidian's ( a colorway most wanted ) and while mine were decent, the upper was nowhere near the Hyper Royal's. Not sure why the quality varies so much on Jordan 1's.

Funny you mention the 6's in 3rd grade. The Maroon & White was my very 1st pair back in 6th grade and I was lucky to get them considering my parents didn't make the type of money to afford me luxuries like that. So for me to get a pair was a feeling I'll never forget. It truly felt special and I couldn't wait to rock them. That's probably why I buy as many shoes as I do now. My fiancé thinks it's funny but has never once given me a hard time no matter how many I've purchased in the past. She's definitely a keeper.

Back
Top Bottom