Air Jordan VIII 8 "Playoffs" Returns. Release day- 6/29/13

^For the most part "sneakerheads" are followers and there wasn't a whole herd of people saying that they wanted this shoe. When there's a bunch of people saying how excited they are about a release ( even if the same exact shoe came our 5 years ago or less) then a whole slew of idiots with extra money jump on the band wagon just so they won't miss out on what the "in" crowd is buying.

This is why we have retro+ colorways that get OG status treatment. This is why some of the most unpopular colorways in the sig line now have a huge demand (Columbia/maroon). This why JB will NEVER go out of business.......
QFT..^-^-^-^

In my case ,and others such as myself,that only buy what they want , because they ,themselves like the particular item ,not because there's hype circulating that item ,,

WE are the "IN" crowd,"" "IN" it for ourselves and no one else,, We may be CATEGORIZED , but never will be HYPNOTIZED.. """"

"CHEROKEE EYE BRIGHT/// TO SEE THROUGH/// THE HYPE PIPE ...!!!!" ~~~Yasiin Bey~~~

Last edited:
I wonder what JB is going to do in three years when the eights release.

Everyone will be good, and none of these were hard to get.

I'll just want the chromes.
What size are you, a dude i follow on IG been tryin to sell his

the line was crazy at my local FTL .... this was about 9:50am (10 min til open)

roll.gif

Last edited:
I wonder what JB is going to do in three years when the eights release.

Everyone will be good, and none of these were hard to get.

I'll just want the chromes.

been saying this little while now, probably aquas chromes and more retro + colors

So glad all the 90s babies weren't beastin for these. Playoff 8s bring back dope memories of me and my pops rockin them together. :smokin

I just don't get the lack of interest in this shoe. This is a classic for me I missed out in 07 so I've been waiting for these. If they drop chromes man that would be fire!

exactly...it's only $9

for you and me, no big deal...for others...maybe it is..."don't look into others bowels to see if you have more, look into theirs to see if they have enough"

but it's just shoes, right :smile:
was being sarcastic........................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................

finishline order sh ipped
pimp.gif
 feels nice getting these for the same price as my backordered eastbay pair in 07 with the winner's circle rewards

I can't get over how great this shoe is. Just so buttery. Man. I'm really glad I grabbed these. Why they didn't use this material on black grapes is beyond me. Oh well atleast these got the treatment. I recommend these to anyone on the fence, you'll be glad you did.

The 8's have a radical, crazy and wild design that people aren't gonna be too sold on getting. It's the perfect example of a "Love/Hate sneaker".

So should I rock my 08's? or my 2013's? I wanna wear the one that has lesser quality.

There was no interest in the Black/Red Air Jordan VIIIs because everybody was camping out for those $1 flip flops at old navy. The line at my local mall for them flops is bigger than the Concord release. Nonetheless I picked up a pair. Its a classic what more can I say about these VIIIs. I wanted this colorway for 20 years and now it feel good to have copped.

i'm glad the masses aren't crazy for 8s. I like the radical, futuristic, higher models the best. I would choose 18s over any colorway 3s any day of the week
pimp.gif

I just don't get the lack of interest in this shoe. This is a classic for me I missed out in 07 so I've been waiting for these. If they drop chromes man that would be fire!

the last time these came out we got a signature jordan release every 3 Months. now we get that many every month so they gotta make choices. plus these are way too plain for the turned up hypebeasts and 8s have always been hit or miss to most.

classic shoe to me and first i have fond memories of.

manager i spoke to said he had 50x more calls for the toro 4s this week than the 8s :lol:

Thank god these were easy... I had no plans of waking up at 5 on a Saturday and took a chance and drove to the mall at 12. Still had my size and all was good. I hardly pick up j's on release date so I just assume every release is like a Spacejam/concord xi release lol

The viiis hold the most history to me personally... It's the jordan that I can remember everyone having when I was a kid. This shoe just screams "early 90s"

Last edited:
Thank god these were easy... I had no plans of waking up at 5 on a Saturday and took a chance and drove to the mall at 12. Still had my size and all was good. I hardly pick up j's on release date so I just assume every release is like a Spacejam/concord xi release lol

Almost majority of the time ,if the name "Retro" is on the box , you're correct in your assumption..

Glad those that wanted them ,because they wanted them ,not because hype was the persuasion, got them.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom