Air Jordan VIII 8 "Playoffs" Returns. Release day- 6/29/13

I have read most if not all of these posts and the general thought is that these wont be a camp out but wont be a walk in the park also. MY concern is that I live in NYC and not sure if the same that holds true in FL, NV and TX will hold true here. Thoughts?

In my area most every store doing raffles...I guess with all these wild events during camp outs stores arent playing that in new Orleans which already has nightly horror stories making the news..the last first come first serve in the mall was for the grape 5s....raffles for a general release, sad but this is the current state of the shoe game

Same stores as always will get this release...this map is nothing new and has nothing to do with "these sitting"...again...another proclamation that a Retro Jordan will "sit" because 100% of the pairs won't be sold in the first hour...

You guys need some perspective on reality...

JM
Yeah but at least in my area this picture shows many more stores getting them That didn't get past gr Jordan's. but your right it doesn't mean they will sit.

You know they made a bunch when Montana gets pairs
laugh.gif

Had a missed call from Champs after getting to the gym.. Luckily I called them right back and they were real cool about it. My first time winning a raffle since this stupid **** started! These are in my top 3 most wanted cops of this year... Stoked! :nthat:

Man I went up into one of my local Champs stores to get a raffle ticket for these yesterday and both guys working tell me that they aren't getting them. 
mean.gif
   I tell them well my wife was in here earlier today and picked up a raffle ticket and I told them they were full of crap.   Then they tell me my wife must of went to a different store because they weren't getting them.  I told them I had called up here Sunday and they told me to come in and get a raffle ticket by Monday before they close. Then they tell me well we thought we were getting them but we aren't. I was pissed at this point and demanded the phone number for the district or general manager of the store.     They refused to give me the number but then they tell me, "chill out man we were just playing with you and we are getting them".  Then they took my info down for the shoes and I was the 5th person on the list.   The other 4 people were girls names. 
laugh.gif
  One was my wife.   These clowns were trying to hold all the pairs for themselves while they only let females cop.   I hate these corrupt stores. I still got the general managers number online and I called him and told him what happened.  More then likely both of them losers are gonna get fired.   

Sorry for the story I just had to rant about this lol   This is the 2nd time this has happened to me in the past 3 months.
That's shiesty, and On top of the antics, not sure if to many ppl that aint ftl,champs, employees know this,, but I was talking with a long time (7yrs) manager of a champs in my area, he said there was a thing called the 80/20,, which means 80% of the Jordans/Nike--ect, they get they sell to the public ,the other 20% goes to the employees of the store, on a seniority basis..

I guess that's one incentive bonus, for having to handle/smell random feet on the regular... 
grin.gif
 However you got to get it ,so long as you get it..
wink.gif

The suns toe box is made up of nubuck not durabuck so what's your point?

BTW those are my sneakers

I know that.

The leather is dyed. That's why the straps are the exact same color as the toe box.

Are charcoals ashy?

The 2012 charcoals look ashy when they have dust on them like all durabuck shoes

Suns are a mix of durabuck and nubuck that's why in certain areas they look kind of ashy without any dust on them

You could feel the difference in materials on the Suns

Last edited:
Ther are more than just ONE type of materials of Durabuck. Its probably just a lower grade of Hyde.

Just like the all the different typs of Nubuck we've seen through out the years. Its all just different grades of materials.

Nuttin we get will be OG status of DURABUCK like we all used to get back in the days. 

Just a Quick example, The 2000 or 2001 Deep Infared VI's were indeed Durabuck, but just not the smooth buttery 

Durabuck as on the 1991 OG blk/infa's had.

Ther are more than just ONE type of materials of Durabuck. Its probably just a lower grade of Hyde.
Just like the all the different typs of Nubuck we've seen through out the years. Its all just different grades of materials.
Nuttin we get will be OG status of DURABUCK like we all used to get back in the days. 
Just a Quick example, The 2000 or 2001 Deep Infared VI's were indeed Durabuck, but just not the smooth buttery 
Durabuck as on the 1991 OG blk/infa's had.

Do you have a pair of Suns?

Clearly it's half nubuck and half durabuck

These are probably a release I'm most excited about for real lol... I really want these. Glad I got my ticket with Villa, I'd be upset if I ain't have access. Hopefully everyone who wants this shoe gets it.

the employess are entitled to 20% of all stock...so if a store gets 20 pairs the employees have rights to " 4 " ...and it will be based on seniority

Back
Top Bottom