Air Jordan VIII 8 "Playoffs" Returns. Release day- 6/29/13

Have you guys seen the FL launch locator on these? Crazy....

Doesn't mean much

I've seen it at every footlocker and footaction for Kobe's and Foams, but some of those stores only got a size run or two.

Which makes signing up for a raffle ridiculous. I'd rather buy a scratch off lottery ticket, because at least 20% gets taken by employees

But that's what was being said about Grape V's nearly two months ago. Granted the demand/hype for these hasn't been nearly as much as the Grape V's were, you still have to approach it on a region to region basis. These could sit for several weeks or sell out before noon on release day. It all depends on your area.

The hype on these has been rather tame around my way so I'm still not sure to what to expect when Saturday rolls around. I'll approach this release with the same grind as I've done recently with every other. Can't take any release for granted these days.
Those Sun 8 are still on the shelf here in Houston. Think these are mass produced and should be an easy cop for most people

NO WHERE NEAR AS HYPED. HELL, GRAPES WERE STILL AVAILABLE AFTER RELEASE DATE HERE. I ROLLED INTO GREENSPOINT MALL LOOKING FOR THE THUNDER 4 RESTOCK TO SEE THEM STILL ON THE SHELF OF 3 STORES.

OF COURSE SIZE AND REGION WILL PLAY A ROLL BUT FOR MY SIZE 10.5 HERE, I'M NOT GETTING OUT OF BED EARLY.
i'm still going to try my luck on NDC first, but I hope you're right my dude. 

just reserved my pair..officially retired brehs. will post a pic for tradition on saturday. :pimp:

Retired for the year or the forseeable future? :nerd:

I'm telling myself the same thing. Hopefully I can resist any further temptation and stick to my guns.

Last edited:
Ther gonna sale out these days you got GS Jordans are selling out do to all the Hype on J's these days.

Pretty much everything has sold out in the last 2 yrs. Except shadow Xs, A few of the Kilroy releases, Suns 8's, Joker 1's,

Military IV's, and maybe I missed sum. Probably did but thats wut came to mind....

Having a hard time deciding if I want these that bad as I did when I missed out on them back in '07.

just reserved my pair..officially retired brehs. will post a pic for tradition on saturday. :pimp:

Retired for the year or the forseeable future? :nerd:

I'm telling myself the same thing. Hopefully I can resist any further temptation and stick to my guns.
indefinitely. the only thing that could maybe bring me back Jordan wise is a fresh pair of columbias to replace my 01s..but other than that i'm good.

i do want them denim lebrons too though

p.s. stores i've talked to said they are not getting a lot of calls on these.. hopefully that bodes well for those that want them.

Last edited:
Went to the local Finsihline and the guy at the store was not giving any info on what their shipment looked like. Said people could start lining up at midnight and tickets would be dispersed at 8:30am. Trying my luck online.

Also stopped by the Sheikh's in the mall and they said they were doing a raffle because they were getting a "smaller" shipment. Tried on a 10.5 of the suns 8 and they fit perfect. I usually wear an 11, and I have narrow foot, so i would suggest going down a .5 size. But that's just my opinion.

EZ PASS!!! How many times can you buy this shoe?? LOL

laugh.gif

Went to my local Finishline got to a pair in person an snag a pic lol . JB did a pretty nice job on these deff like

the feeling of the toe box .

Man I went up into one of my local Champs stores to get a raffle ticket for these yesterday and both guys working tell me that they aren't getting them. 
mean.gif
   I tell them well my wife was in here earlier today and picked up a raffle ticket and I told them they were full of crap.   Then they tell me my wife must of went to a different store because they weren't getting them.  I told them I had called up here Sunday and they told me to come in and get a raffle ticket by Monday before they close. Then they tell me well we thought we were getting them but we aren't. I was pissed at this point and demanded the phone number for the district or general manager of the store.     They refused to give me the number but then they tell me, "chill out man we were just playing with you and we are getting them".  Then they took my info down for the shoes and I was the 5th person on the list.   The other 4 people were girls names. 
laugh.gif
  One was my wife.   These clowns were trying to hold all the pairs for themselves while they only let females cop.   I hate these corrupt stores. I still got the general managers number online and I called him and told him what happened.  More then likely both of them losers are gonna get fired.   

Sorry for the story I just had to rant about this lol   This is the 2nd time this has happened to me in the past 3 months.

Last edited:
Put in for a raffle spot at a local s.p. dude working said only about 15 people interested. Its looking good fellas, seems likethose who want them won't have THAT hard of a time. for reference this same store had over a hundred people interested in the black toes

Man I went up into one of my local Champs stores to get a raffle ticket for these yesterday and both guys working tell me that they aren't getting them. 
mean.gif
   I tell them well my wife was in here earlier today and picked up a raffle ticket and I told them they were full of crap.   Then they tell me my wife must of went to a different store because they weren't getting them.  I told them I had called up here Sunday and they told me to come in and get a raffle ticket by Monday before they close. Then they tell me well we thought we were getting them but we aren't. I was pissed at this point and demanded the phone number for the district or general manager of the store.     They refused to give me the number but then they tell me, "chill out man we were just playing with you and we are getting them".  Then they took my info down for the shoes and I was the 5th person on the list.   The other 4 people were girls names. 
laugh.gif
  One was my wife.   These clowns were trying to hold all the pairs for themselves while they only let females cop.   I hate these corrupt stores. I still got the general managers number online and I called him and told him what happened.  More then likely both of them losers are gonna get fired.   

Sorry for the story I just had to rant about this lol   This is the 2nd time this has happened to me in the past 3 months.
damn bro what store was that

Last edited:
damn bro what store was that??? 

embarassed.gif
Champs in the Galleria mall in Henderson, NV.   I had the same problem at the Footlocker in that mall for the black toe 13's. 
mean.gif
    I normally just cop at the HOH on the strip but I hate having to sit in line for 4 to 5 hours to secure my pair.   

Back
Top Bottom