Air Jordan XI 11 Retro Low "Cement" June 2014 Release

its crazy how much opinions changed on these... then again, im guilty of change also
laugh.gif

im surprised people are embracing the cement heel tho. I was expecting to see way more blacked out heels and tongue tags. that would be priority no 1 for me.
I would probably black mine out if it didn't look so weird after doing so.  There are already too many textures on the shoe and blacking out that leather just looks strange because it's surrounded by the mesh on the sides and the patent leather underneath.  So no matter what, the leather is going to be a different texture than the other two, which makes it look weird IMO.  From far away it's fine, but in any of the closer pics I've seen...I'd rather stick w/ the cement.

its crazy how much opinions changed on these... then again, im guilty of change also :lol:

im surprised people are embracing the cement heel tho. I was expecting to see way more blacked out heels and tongue tags. that would be priority no 1 for me.

I would probably black mine out if it didn't look so weird after doing so.  There are already too many textures on the shoe and blacking out that leather just looks strange because it's surrounded by the mesh on the sides and the patent leather underneath.  So no matter what, the leather is going to be a different texture than the other two, which makes it look weird IMO.  From far away it's fine, but in any of the closer pics I've seen...I'd rather stick w/ the cement.

Every xi before these has had matching heels with the mesh. Def not weird

wait, the midsole isnt white? :lol:

I didn't know it until I read it up here.

I looked at them in my car, but didn't notice the color difference.

its crazy how much opinions changed on these... then again, im guilty of change also :lol:

I knew it would happen. :lol:

I understand that.  I'm just saying when you paint the leather, it ends up LOOKING weird to me.  Maybe it's the texture of the paint.  I don't know...but it looks odd.

I understand that.  I'm just saying when you paint the leather, it ends up LOOKING weird to me.  Maybe it's the texture of the paint.  I don't know...but it looks odd.

You are probably thinking about the wrong paint then. I've seen a ton of leather painted and it looks cool. Just have to use the right stuff and probably have to get the speckles off before painting.

OG's were like that in '95-'96. Somehow I like the tiny, almost imperceptible bumps. For me it actually has the effect of making the "leather" seem more real and less plasticky. IDK, is the patent on these made from real leather?
Because the OG's had a real genuine patent leather and not a synthetic. 

Missed these on RD because I was up in the mountains. Went to Champs last Sunday and saw they had a size 13 still available and regretted sleeping.  Spent the week trying to find a pair locally for a decent price. After losing hope and basically cursing off  all resellers, my connect at the local FL called me last night at 7pm with a return in my size...
smokin.gif
. Love the shoe and really dont mind the cement , so these will be in the summer rotation for sure.

its crazy how much opinions changed on these... then again, im guilty of change also
laugh.gif

Mine hasnt changed. I will be painting the heel tonight. The tongue didnt bother me though

Mine hasnt changed. I will be painting the heel tonight. The tongue didnt bother me though

patiently waiting for pics :pimp:

is this really a question? seems like you attempting to act superior and like you knew from the first pictures ever that it was a "pure platinum" midsole. just a SHOT IN THE DARK here since you seem to have no clue but i'm GUESSING he thought it was referring to the heel, smh.
"superior"  ??

not at all 
mean.gif

appears he was surprised by the color

i find it helpful to read the product description AND look at the pictures

so i know what i'm buying , but that's just me ...

I going out for a trade today. if I can't I think I'll just flip them for a few over retail to buy my true.
but seriously, it shouldn't be hard to trade a 9.5 for a 9

My pair comes in tomorrow and was wondering what's the fit like on these because I heard they fit a little small so I went a half size up.

If it's like the Concord lows I like TTS. The toe box feels like it's more rounded from the inside making it a nicer wear. My previous mids would wear on my pinky @TTS after a few hours on foot, but not these.

If it's like the Concord lows I like TTS. The toe box feels like it's more rounded from the inside making it a nicer wear. My previous mids would wear on my pinky @TTS after a few hours on foot, but not these.

That's how my mids were too, when wearing for a few hours they would start to feel uncomfortable so I went up half a size.

laugh.gif

Im waiting for my angelus delivery before using this pair

1st time coloring a shoe and im hoping for the best result

wish me luck :smile:

Finally was able to cop a pair for 180 from craigslist, I am also guilty of doing a 360 on them what really change my mind was the picks DW posted, I thank you sir, really satisfied, I know you don't see the bottom of the shoe when worn, but the infrared color makes them pop.

Finally was able to cop a pair for 180 from craigslist, I am also guilty of doing a 360 on them what really change my mind was the picks DW posted, I thank you sir, really satisfied, I know you don't see the bottom of the shoe when worn, but the infrared color makes them pop.
Dam you robbed that boy lol

Back
Top Bottom