Air Jordan XI 11 Retro Low "Cement" June 2014 Release

I like it. Though how hard would it be to paint the 23 and J logo? The contrast makes it look a little too pink for my tastes.

Clearly a grey midsole next to the Concord. The posters that were clowning that guy for saying the midsole was grey not white (before RD) and saying he didn't know what he was talking about, you posters know who you are, don't be going back and editing your comments to save face, just apologize to dude
embarassed.gif

View media item 1036029Just got my son's pair in today from FNL. I have to say that these are fresher in GS sizes. I was able to use 3 different Winners Circle Rewards on shoes this past weekend. My son XI's, my XIs, and my WTKDs.

Anyone considering painting or dyeing the tongue tag? Are there any pics of people doing that yet? Sometimes I like the gray tag and sometimes I don't.

The problem with doing the tongue is you can't get the lettering and the jumpman back. The aggressive move would be to sew one on from a pair of playoff or spacejams that are beat. I don't think the Grey on the tongue is horrible.

Or if you hate it that bad black out everything. Back, tongue, and midsole. That might look real good.

The pre-release pictures for this shoe didn't do em justice.  The speckles on the cement part are actually black and yea the midsole is a "platinum" shade.  Call me crazy but I prefer these over the concord lows...........Could be that they are easier to clean lol.

The problem with doing the tongue is you can't get the lettering and the jumpman back. The aggressive move would be to sew one on from a pair of playoff or spacejams that are beat. I don't think the Grey on the tongue is horrible.

Or if you hate it that bad black out everything. Back, tongue, and midsole. That might look real good.
Well, I was thinking of blacking out the back and the tongue, but just not sure how it looks. I know that once you do the tongue, there's no turning back. I was thinking that using a dye or an ink wash would allow the jumpman and the letters to be slightly visible when held up close. I wouldn't want to load the tag with solid black paint. Your custom looks great so far.

Last edited:
They will announce them next year and we'll all be back to buy them again. I don't mind infrared, the cement is embarrassingly ugly, so I won't mind having these and a space jam low when they release next year. I specifically doubled up to solely have one to stock and one to paint.

Black paint looks good. Thought about doing that but I know they will eventually drop the Space Jams lows (which I'll want) and then I'll essentially have the same shoe.

They will announce them next year and we'll all be back to buy them again. I don't mind infrared, the cement is embarrassingly ugly, so I won't mind having these and a space jam low when they release next year. I specifically doubled up to solely have one to stock and one to paint.

This is exactly why I got two pair. The whole reason why I got them was to black out the heel. The second pair will not be touch just yet if at all.

Looks pretty good but seems as if it's caked on. I may be seeing it differently but I swear I can see the brush strokes. What I did was used an oversized permanent black market to go over it. This allows the black to soak into the leather and get into the pores of the leather. Second was getting the acrylic paint, diluting it with water enough to where it just cover the areas not cover by the marker. Diluting it also,allows the paint to soak in, preventing cracking, and caking on. I know we all have different methods and yours looks good but thought I'd share mine. Below u can see the layer is thin enough to where you can still see the speckle, less likely of pealing or creasing when the paint is a little thinner and soaked in to the leather as a pose to being caked on.

View media item 1036278

There's a few brush strokes but nike was nice enough to already pre-crease both pairs cement areas for me.

Back
Top Bottom