Air Jordan XI Concord 9 years later

Originally Posted by bjw1983

My very first Jordans.

Let's see...

Wednesday, October 25th, 2000. Senior year @ Stephenson High. Had a job @ Finish Line. My manager said he would be there @ 7am to let me get them early, so I wouldn't be late for school. I had my friend drive me there, and when we arrive...no manager!!! I was pissed. So not only did I go up there for nothing and get to school late, I had no shoes to show for it.

Half of the school was empty because they ditched school to get the shoes. By 3rd period, everybody has them on, and asking me "yo Mr. Finish Line, where your J's at"?! During lunch, I beg the front office lady to let me call my job, so I could BEG my asst manager to hold me a pair. He said he'd see what he could do.

By the end of the school day, I was scared. My friend drove me back up to the mall, and I prayed to God my job still had a size 13...and they did!!! I don't think I've ever been more ecstatic about a shoe than this one. They were $125 retail, but $87.50 + tax for me. I was in love.

For the first year, they looked perfect (even though I wore them a great deal). But I did the stupid act of putting them in the washing machine to clean them (UGH!!!!) Eventually, they began to wear out because of the washing. They turned into street ballin' shoes.

Today, they are BEAT!!!! Right mid sole is completely off. Yellow soles. But, I still have them because they were my VERY FIRST JORDANS. Holds a special place.

I've got the DMP XI's to replace them (even though I haven't wore them yet), but nothing like some Concords.

wow this is a great story man i gotta give it 2 ya...id be pissed if my manager did that 2 me!but thats tight, you still came out with yourconcord's.
smokin.gif

still have 1 ds pair and 2 vnds. got an 11 and 11.5 on release, its a damn comfortable shoe and a great looking shoe. in my top3 no doubt

i remember when they released, thats when a lot of stores didnt care how many pairs you bought....

I missed out on release day, but my mom bought them for me for $200 2 weeks later online....

that was a lot back then for a pair of kicks. we went half.

then i sold them and found them at the outlets for 100 bucks with the top of the box torn off. Damn time flies.

heres some pics.

3681388761_45f9a95c9e.jpg

3428781733_dc98e5ddf2.jpg

My birthday was Oct. 27th so I went into athletes foot on that day to copp the new Iverson's(die hard iverson fan). Walked into the store surprisinglyseeing the concord XI's fresh as hell sitting right next to the Answer IV's. Held both shoes in my hand debating for 5 min on which one to copp. Popswas telling me to hurry the hell up
laugh.gif
, ended up walking out thethe Answer IV's
grin.gif
. 5 years later copped DS concord XI's off ebay for a decent price
pimp.gif

One of the easier purchases from the XI releases at that time. I reserved a pair at Finishline and ordered a pair from Eastbay. I was pretty happy. Correct meif I am wrong, but didn't the PS2 come out around the same time?

I actually bought 2 pairs, but I sold a pair to a good friend that missed out. I felt like a good friend then, but now I feel like a schmuck.

I did the same thing
laugh.gif
ohwell.gif

Originally Posted by Rodrigo23

9th grade........................ Had like $133ish had to take the city bus because i had no ride... got to finishline around 9:30AM all they had was a 9.5 and i wore a 9!!!!!!!!!!!!! i felt sssoooo lucky well he added them up at the register and i was like 2.30 short.....!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! didnt know what to do...Manager would not hold them for nothing...matter of fact he works at the FinishLine in dayton ohio now..anyways i got so low i had to ask random people in the mall for $2 and nothing...nada... went home parents where at work...scambled up the change and then called finishline and the pair was gone.,........ thats what i get for not bringing enough in the first place... i still remember that DAMN MORNING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
You missed out because of two bucks and some change? Damn.
indifferent.gif

Originally Posted by nanbeezy

Was attending the Univ of Memphis. Had my homie take me to the Mall of Memphis. Walked in around 1 pm, grabbed my sz 11 and walked right out. Went back to my dorm and stared at them. End of story.

roll.gif
roll.gif

Back in 2000 you could buy these on release day without waiting in line. I hope they release these again in 2010.

Originally Posted by JordanFan04

Originally Posted by mcp4556

i ditch school for this shoe and it was worth it

It was English, wasn't it?

laugh.gif
JordanFan04 my dude u killed it . . . .
laugh.gif

I missed the Retro on RD, copped the OG for like $130 a couple weeks later and got flamed cuz my bottoms were yellowed....
by Spring I had the last laugh
grin.gif

EDIT: RD around my way you COULD NOT cop these, they were sold out before the stores even opened from employee purchases/hookups and the like. I was justgettin heavy into Jordans I had been buying them since All-Star/Playoff XIII but never really knew release dates etc... My homie had them on RD and by thetime I got home from school at like 3:30 they were ghost citywide . . . .
tired.gif

Originally Posted by Hyalite

Back in 2000 you could buy these on release day without waiting in line. I hope they release these again in 2010.

maybe your city. Here in Los Angeles people were waiting and buying like 3 pairs and that sucked.

i got these on release day, with no problems. was in and out of the store got my pair... and hardly any hype . the good o days are gone
frown.gif

i also remember picking up a PS2 that same week
laugh.gif

I was a Junior laughing at all the kids who ditched school because they were sweating bullets because they sold out so quick. Picked mines up about 1 1/2-2weeks early @ "chicks sporting goods" out in Chino, CA. Thanks Chick! Today my pair is still in very good condition.

didnt have the chance to have them while i was in junior high in 95..i asked my mom and she said NO. still a big NO for the retros 2000/2001.
got my own money now, gonna hunt them down...

My buddies knew how bad I wanted them, so they gave me a $100 gift certificate to footlocker for my b-day three weeks earlier so that I could use them onthis pair.

I walked in to my nearest footaction 2 hours after they opened and grabbed two pairs....After that it seemed like the retro thing went crazy. I think they soldout in a day or 2 , but there wasnt a rush for me to get there early

still need to get a pair....only pair of 11's i have is the spacejams.....
frown.gif

Back
Top Bottom