Air Jordan XI Retro - White/Concord/Black - CONFIRMED - Holiday 2011

Originally Posted by never wear them

jumpman cbt2 wrote:
For those whose OG or 2000 retros are still wearable ==> easy pass

speak for yourself.... 
grin.gif

I'ma still cop...
smokin.gif

Same...I have 2 from 2001 and I'm still copping a couple of these. 
smokin.gif
smokin.gif
smokin.gif

Originally Posted by TylerrS99

Originally Posted by thekillerj23

Originally Posted by ideezy1023

Can't wait til we get these in (finish line) anybody in the Cleveland area I got yall pairs guaranteed lmk

Hey FAM I'm from Cleveland, I think I have a pair lock-downed at Next but would like another...I'll PM you FAM
Where you guys stay in cleveland. OP which mall.  I work at finishline in summit mall.  Akron but Im sure yall know

I live in Streetsboro. Pm's will be sent

Originally Posted by J2Legend

Originally Posted by DRO3000

WOW...............1100 pre orders for the Concord XI's in Canada. ALL PRE ORDERS HAVE BEEN ON HOLD UNTIL FURTHER NOTICE. SZ's 11.5 & 14 ARE SOLD OUT ENTIRELY. (I just received that message an hour ago from

Canada is supposed to receive 1700 pairs in mens sizes (Canadian Foot Lockers). I have a feeling theyre gonna hold off on anymore pre orders so that they can create some hype for the brand up here and get people lined up in order to generate buzz on their 2012 releases.

So glad I pre ordered when I did cause everything pre ordered before Nov 7, 2011 is guaranteed and already secured with Nike and Foot Locker
THANK GOD I made pre-orders already. 

Ditto, had my pre-order in the same day I got "the call". Didn't want to take any chances.

Damn, I knew these would be white-hot, but surprised @ the pre-order stop in early November! No camping out + guaranteed pairs = WIN for me!

Originally Posted by never wear them

jumpman cbt2 wrote:
For those whose OG or 2000 retros are still wearable ==> easy pass

speak for yourself.... 
grin.gif

I'ma still cop...
smokin.gif

Yeap, i speak for myself because i really cannot tolerate the wrong facing Jumpman on the left shoe and the patent leather cut at the heel is a bad joke.
I have re-glued my 2000 retros and whitened the mesh so they are looking fine again and even wearable.

The only thing JB has done better on the 2011 Concords are the clear midsoles being blueish instead of yellowish.

Originally Posted by Rex Ryan

Originally Posted by BrotherForReal

Originally Posted by sthebest

I think these look great 
pimp.gif

Shape is back to the semi-bulky look, icey blue tint, and the patent coor looks great near the toebox. I can care less how it looks on the back of the shoe.

Glad I sold my 2000 retros. Dealing with midsole separation and yellowing mesh < a brand new pair.
I rather spend a couple bucks more and get the 2000 pair than a pair of these IMO. I'm only getting multiples strictly for resale. The shoe just looks off.

i've gone through about 7 pairs of 2000 concords.   personally between the inevitable yellowing of the mesh, potential sole seperation, and sole yellowing, i'd cop a pair of 2011 concords just to have  and wear my 2000's til they fall apart. if you can get them at retail on the release date an extra pair of concords is always good to have, most of the more recent pics look decent too.   not 2000 patent leather cut of course but better then what i was expecting.
I hear you. I've been through three myself (1 pair of 1995s, 2 pair of 2000s). whitening the mesh is a real pain. sure,, you can get the yellowing out. But once you do, it never retains its same texture (it gets rougher and less flexible). Id rather just double up on the 2011s. These actually are the best XIs yet. and paying attention to the cut on the back of the shoe is a little OD imo.

Why is everyone such a shoe snob on this board? I though NT was created to discuss upcoming shoes, display collections and for the general love of sneakers. My point is everybody seems cool except the same 15 people always complaining about quality and retros. I just don't understand, if the quality sucks and they are not as good as your 2000s don't post because nobody cares. 
This essentially, my argument to those always talking about the "pl cut" and glue stains, GROW UP THEY ARE SHOES! It is the ultimate test of a nerd from junior high school. In the golden age of Jordan's there was a select few who got the original XIs. If anyone remembers the original XI's in 1995 when they came out you know they were not comfortable and were heavy as hell. Aside from the shockingly clean look of the shoe and the exclusivity, you know shoes are made WAY better now. 

I just think NT needs to start weeding out some of these "shoe hustlers" and complainers. Just my 2 cents. I don't post much but I remember the good ole days.

Just think of this, somebody says you can have a 2012 S-Class Benz for 85,000 or a 1998 one for 100,000 wouldn't you want the new one that is cheaper? You can complain about patent leather heel height and pay over the present day retail but don't criticize others for being right. 
roll.gif

Originally Posted by Bigmiz

Why is everyone such a shoe snob on this board? I though NT was created to discuss upcoming shoes, display collections and for the general love of sneakers. My point is everybody seems cool except the same 15 people always complaining about quality and retros. I just don't understand, if the quality sucks and they are not as good as your 2000s don't post because nobody cares. 
This essentially, my argument to those always talking about the "pl cut" and glue stains, GROW UP THEY ARE SHOES! It is the ultimate test of a nerd from junior high school. In the golden age of Jordan's there was a select few who got the original XIs. If anyone remembers the original XI's in 1995 when they came out you know they were not comfortable and were heavy as hell. Aside from the shockingly clean look of the shoe and the exclusivity, you know shoes are made WAY better now. 

I just think NT needs to start weeding out some of these "shoe hustlers" and complainers. Just my 2 cents. I don't post much but I remember the good ole days.

Just think of this, somebody says you can have a 2012 S-Class Benz for 85,000 or a 1998 one for 100,000 wouldn't you want the new one that is cheaper? You can complain about patent leather heel height and pay over the present day retail but don't criticize others for being right. 
roll.gif

i see where your coming from but people have every right to complain when stuff isn't made right.  perfect example would be the cdp blk red xi's from 2008.  those were flat out trash in my opinion. for the price of the shoes, it's frustrating when they get things wrong like an excessively way to low patent leather cut.  i can live with the fact that it's a different mold then what we got in 2000 and i can live with an increased price due to inflation but some shoes look like minimal effort was put into making them i have every right to voice my opinion on it.

now with that said, i do think some members nitpick over the most minimal things at times and it gets redundant but there are some quality issues that should be discussed.

Originally Posted by J2Legend

WOW...............1100 pre orders for the Concord XI's in Canada. ALL PRE ORDERS HAVE BEEN ON HOLD UNTIL FURTHER NOTICE. SZ's 11.5 & 14 ARE SOLD OUT ENTIRELY. (I just received that message an hour ago from

Canada is supposed to receive 1700 pairs in mens sizes (Canadian Foot Lockers). I have a feeling theyre gonna hold off on anymore pre orders so that they can create some hype for the brand up here and get people lined up in order to generate buzz on their 2012 releases.

So glad I pre ordered when I did cause everything pre ordered before Nov 7, 2011 is guaranteed and already secured with Nike and Foot Locker
So wait, all OTHER pre-orders are on hold? Or is that including existing pre-orders that people have made already? I dont wanna have to give these gift cards back. 
ohwell.gif

Sorry for the delay in responding but my laptop crashed and its in for repairs so Im not on here as often the last few days......time to get a Mac....but thats another story
mad.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Pre orders on the Concords have been put on hold.  You can still pre order last shot 14's and maybe even the BC3's if its not too late but they have put the AJ XI on hold because of the amount of pre orders already made.  I can only speak on behalf of the foot locker I deal with which is supposedly the highest grossing store in Canada so maybe thats why theyre getting info that some of the other stores aren't getting?!?!?! 
ohwell.gif
ohwell.gif

Just go to your local spot that normally gets Jordan's or better yet go somewhere you know that got the CGXI's and SJXI's and talk to the store manager (don't waste your time with anyone other than the store mgr.....TRUST ME
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
) and find out what the deal is but like I said earlier, don't wait too much longer.  Good Luck Y'all and if I can help with any info for the Canadian 'heads in here, just PM me......I don't want to clog up the boards with all this

Originally Posted by Bigmiz

roll.gif
WORD!!!

we comparing cars to shoes now? wow.

You need to realize that most people in this forum are pretty much fanatics about Jordan and his shoes. PL cut is an issue to those who wear with shorts. I myself dislike the cut and the jumpman placing. It's our money so we have every right to "complain"

You need to realize that most people in this forum are pretty much fanatics about Jordan and his shoes. PL cut is an issue to those who wear with shorts. I myself dislike the cut and the jumpman placing. It's our money so we have every right to "complain"

You're absolutely right sir so now that we know you don't care for the shoe I will assume this will beyour last post in this thread???Thank you and see ya next year for the columbia's.......
smile.gif

You're absolutely right sir so now that we know you don't care for the shoe I will assume this will beyour last post in this thread???Thank you and see ya next year for the columbia's.......
smile.gif
roll.gif
BTW nice pics PlaybaLL
smokin.gif

On playball's pair, the patent cut is so clearly lower on one shoe than the other. If its gonna be lower, fine, but at least have some consistency. One looks like the CDP its so low.

Alright so we are a little over a month out of release date...this is my first release I will go out of my way to cop. Any tips to ensure a cop for retail? I refuse to give into resellers.

Back
Top Bottom