Air Jordan XX8 aka 2013, new "Proplate Zoom" Technology OFFICIAL THREAD.

Carbon fiber actually started in the XI
Actually no, it didn't.  The XI was the first time it was visible but it started in the VIII.  Tinker said that was the shoe that saved MJ"s career cause his feet were hurting so bad.

I can see it because the VIII is pretty comfortable. Didn't the viii have an early version of zoom in the heel also?

Just played in Lebron X with full length viz zoom and it wasn't bad. I"m still a fan of the zoom insoles form the 2011 and 2012.

I don't need the whole system thing really, even though it was nice to put in all air for casual/hanging out. I'm really hoping they have Westbrook and Griffin in these.

I can see it because the VIII is pretty comfortable. Didn't the viii have an early version of zoom in the heel also?
Just played in Lebron X with full length viz zoom and it wasn't bad. I"m still a fan of the zoom insoles form the 2011 and 2012.
I don't need the whole system thing really, even though it was nice to put in all air for casual/hanging out. I'm really hoping they have Westbrook and Griffin in these.
The 1st Jordan to have zoom are the 12s.

Last edited:
Actually no, it didn't.  The XI was the first time it was visible but it started in the VIII.  Tinker said that was the shoe that saved MJ"s career cause his feet were hurting so bad.

Pretty sure you're wrong. XI was the first time.

Carbon fiber actually started in the XI
actually, theres NEVER been any REAL carbon fiber in any shoes from jordan brand or nike since the 2012 NBA season, the elite hyperdunk/kobe/lebrons are the only shoes to ever have REAL carbon fiber

that stuff you guys BELIEVE is carbon fiber is actually just a super hard plastic plate, its not interwoven carbon fiber at all

@superQ..... 1   @blco02 ........0 
laugh.gif

SuperQ still won

Last edited:
actually, theres NEVER been any REAL carbon fiber in any shoes from jordan brand or nike since the 2012 NBA season, the elite hyperdunk/kobe/lebrons are the only shoes to ever have REAL carbon fiber
that stuff you guys BELIEVE is carbon fiber is actually just a super hard plastic plate, its not interwoven carbon fiber at all
THIS!!!  Can you imagine the prices if Nike/JB used real woven carbon fiber??

I'm really intrigued on this. Especially as a Jordan and Zoom fan.
My only question about all the Jordan Tech's...When have any of these trickled down to other shoes. It isn't like the Jordan marquee shoe has ever ushered in anything like flywire that we end up seeing in every shoe.

hidden shoe lace system in the xiii, im sure trickled pretty good

Last edited:
Still no pics? No information? NOTHING?!? Damn they are doing a good job on these being under wraps.

The 1st Jordan to have zoom are the 12s.

Yes, and i heard it started with the obsidians.
the taxis and white/reds still had standard
Encapsulated air pods.
the VIII has carbon fiber midfoot plate?
i dont think so. Can anyone cut open
Their old worn out VIII? :wink:

I'm really intrigued on this. Especially as a Jordan and Zoom fan.
My only question about all the Jordan Tech's...When have any of these trickled down to other shoes. It isn't like the Jordan marquee shoe has ever ushered in anything like flywire that we end up seeing in every shoe.

Here some revolutionary design elements by
Air jordans:
1. VIII with narrowed upshaped midsole
to allow better flexibility and save midsole material.
2. IX with fastlacing lace loops and roundlaces
3. Carbon fiber plate
4. XVIII with adaptive ankle shaft
5. XX ips cushioning system
6. XX1 exchangeable air pods
7. 2011 with completely exhangeable insole/midsole
8. 2012 with completely exchangeable innerbootie

Well I was right. Zoom (a form of it) was first introduced in the viii.

"The Air Jordan VIII was once again designed by Tinker Hatfield; the prominent featured of the shoe was the crossing instep straps – the first strap of any kind for an Air Jordan shoe, a frenzied yet controlled pattern on the mudguard, and a chenille Jumpman logo on the tongue. Like the Air Jordan VII, the VIII featured an inner sock-bootie construction for a snug fit and also featured Nike’s new lightweight Air cushioning (which would later be developed further into Zoom Air)."

http://sneakernews.com/2010/12/30/michael-jordan-through-the-years-air-jordan-viii/

IPS is on the current Chris Paul shoes. Any other innovations that stuck?

Back
Top Bottom