Air Jordan XX8 aka 2013, new "Proplate Zoom" Technology OFFICIAL THREAD.

Some of those photoshops look dope, but as for the actual colors releasing...I dunno, I'm not quite sold yet.

since ya'll want to photoshop....ps this view

Just wonder how the blk bootie is gonna hold up after being stepped on
over, and over. Youguys think the blk bootie will start loosing its color after
Wear and tear? Start fading to grey. Other than that I like, just wish the eight inch
bootie wasn't so tall and just covered the shoe. Cuz after time of wear and tear
that bootie is not gonna stay nice and tight. Eventually after wear, tear, and sweat
Its gonnal get floppy, and loose. Oh one more thing, Dont you guys think that
sweat is gonna leave white sweat stains, and start stinking?

I can only speak from the nike "bootie" kicks I have owned. The paytons and pips I had never faded or anything and they kept their shape after numerous days ballin in. Without having held the 28 I can't say that it is the same material. The payton and pips were some type of synthetic that was pretty tough. I never left sweat stains in mine but after ballin outdoors my socks were drenched in sweat but the shoe itself never started stinking.

If you want this shoe as a great basketball sneaker you can't go wrong. I tried it on for 15 minutes and it felt great just to stand in it.

If you want to wear it outside of hoopin look elsewhere as these are just not meant to be as a fashionable design no matter how you wear it.

One of the main things I got from looking at it is that it has similar materials to what I would expect on a fully wearable Nike Mag. It may be a reach but I wouldn't be surprised if these are an early base of what Nike is working on for 2015 :nerd:

Ain't no colorway saving these. Jesus couldn't save these. To me, these are junk.... Li Nig (whatever its called) stuff look better than these

Last edited:
no creasing for you cry babies on these 2013... so you can call em vvvvvnds even after hooping in them for hrs like normal :lol:

I wont be Giving JB the pass on these just because of PERFORMANCE as already stated there are plenty better looking and much cheaper comparable performance shoes out there.
Half the people talking about they are performance beasts probably don't even hoop like that to notice the difference. If you did you would know all the tech crap is just gimmicks, the right shoe to wear is one that is comfortable on YOUR feet and fit YOUR feet how you want or expect them to.
I grew up only wearing NIKE and I still to this day hate Adidas but that's who my university was sponsored by so I had to hoop for 4 years in them...I remember freshman year playing in PRO MODELS not a bad shoe and definitely not the HIGH tech performance focused shoe that this supposedly is but I can say it didnt affect my performance whatsoever, I just hated how they looked...just like I hate these shoes lol
Notice how NBA players can wear the very retro Jordan's that we always complain about being made with horrible materials? Or better yet Rasheed Wallace playing in AIR FORCE ONES...
Shoes only do so much,

Agreed 100%

People have to remember that these are basketball shoes, I think they are dope.. and they also remind me of the "glove" joints is fire!

Last edited:
These are the best *new* shoes I've seen years. I feel like Nike rehashes the same silhouettes for their sig and hoops kicks especially this year b/c none of the new hoops kicks really pop or catch the eye (I'm not talking about colorways the actual shoe).

When this shoe is zipped it looks very modern and Rick Owens-ish and when unzipped its sleek and low like the XIV or the XV Low.

Now the colorways that JB have lined are terrible and hopefully they dabble with some of the photoshops that u guys are doing. Prints on the inside of the mesh upper will really help the style when the shoe is unzipped.

And last but not least $250 is just :smh: ... The marketing gurus at JB aren't even trying to build a solid fan base for the shoe at that price. The few people who love it will cop, the people who like it will wait for clearance, and those that are on the fence will prolly pass all together and cop Other kicks.

A $180-210 price point will draw more interest and sway more of those people who are on the fence into copping.

People have to remember that these are basketball shoes, I think they are dope.. and they also remind me of the "glove" joints is fire!

qft

i get the feeling most NTers dont ball in their shoes, if at all...

Zippers on court are usually a bad idea, they almost always roll down. I really don't see any practical use for the shroud since it won't be saving anyone's ankles. I can't imagine the sweat that's going to be built up between the sock, leg, shroud, & the shoe itself, it just seems bad. The shoe on its own doesn't seem that bad; I really like midsole & outsole. I just wish they had taken the shroud off or made it optional & that $250 price doesn't help at all.
I might cop for <100 just to try to tear the shroud off & see what's under there.
This...Every nike I ever owned with a zipper on it never stayed zipped.  With all the money JB puts into R & D why a (high)shroud and zipper?  Does anyone have any logical reason from a performance standpoint for a zipper and high shroud?  I would even be ok with it if it wasn't so high.  Is there any info out there that explaines the functional use for the shroud?  Is there any data out there that says zippers and shrouds add a value added benefit for performance?  How is it going to hold up when you don't wear high socks when you legs are sweaty from playing?  Soo confused on why JB chose this option.

This...Every nike I ever owned with a zipper on it never stayed zipped.  With all the money JB puts into R & D why a (high)shroud and zipper?  Does anyone have any logical reason from a performance standpoint for a zipper and high shroud?  I would even be ok with it if it wasn't so high.  Is there any info out there that explaines the functional use for the shroud?  Is there any data out there that says zippers and shrouds add a value added benefit for performance?  How is it going to hold up when you don't wear high socks when you legs are sweaty from playing?  Soo confused on why JB chose this option.
Logical reason??? No..... Tinker will say something like "Jordan likes to hide his game from everyone and sneaks around the court" or something just as completely stupid

The signature Jordan is SUPPOSEDLY the premier basketball shoe out at any given time thus JB feels it being priced at $250 is justifiable. JB knows most consumers equate a higher price with a superior product. So they must at least match the current most expensive basketball shoe out, the Lebron X+ with all the electronic gizmos. All companies who feel they have the top of the line products do this. What JB/Nike needs to realize is that consumers are only willing to spend so much on "tech" alone without another variable to make the shoe desirable and make people spend that much, ie. limited availability, potential resale, and of course hype.  Yeezys were $245 pre-tax with no "tech" to speak of and due to the limited availability, potential resale, and hype there wasnt one complaint about pricing.

Side profile with the flap down definitely has a XIV vibe going on. Dependent upon c/w and discount, I'd cop.

Last sig I bought was the XX3.

Depending on the cw's they release and nike I'd options, these are the best J's to release in years.

I love these sneakers

Back
Top Bottom