Air Jordan XX8 SE Shrouldess Video and Official Pics on Page 1 Shoes Hit Stores 10/11/13

One thing I noticed is that I was having pains on the bottom of my feet after playing a few hours in the SE. This was not the case for the regular shrouded XX8's. But last night I tried something different, I didn't lace them up as tight on the middle part of the shoe, just the bottom by the toes and up top for ankle support and today I'm pain free. I think that was my only problem with the SE's, besides the zoom beeing a lot firmer and not as springy as the regular XX8's. I love this flight plate system and I know its not for everyone but for an older guy who has high school and D1 college miles on me these things are great for me. I'm thinking about copping another shrouded pair to add to the rotation soon or another SE.

to the guys who had to have had issues with the zoom bags popping. When you first gt the shoe did you break it in walking for a little while or did you just lace up and immediatly hit the court? The reason I ask is both pairs of SEs I have I noticed in the beginning that the flight plate seems pretty rigid and can feel a pop when I walk; however, after a few days of just walking around not doing anything crazy this went away as the plate became more flexible. Just wondering if the rigidity of the un broken in flight plate early on could be putting a large amount of force on the bags and causing the issue. Just a thought, not sure but have had zero problems with both pairs thus far and they are my favorite BBALL shoes to date which covers the 20+ years I have been playing.
this is what I was talking about. I will wear 'em in house for 2-3 hours every day for 5 days. WHY NOT ? maybe then they will flex and be good to go :D

this is what I was talking about. I will wear 'em in house for 2-3 hours every day for 5 days. WHY NOT ? maybe then they will flex and be good to go :D
It is a good thought.  I should probably do this as well.  Or at least wear them around at the gym or for a light shootaround (no leg lifting).

We shouldn't really have to do this, but as I enjoy the set up so much, I'm willing to ease into it if it means preventing any issues with the zoom.

One thing I noticed is that I was having pains on the bottom of my feet after playing a few hours in the SE. This was not the case for the regular shrouded XX8's. But last night I tried something different, I didn't lace them up as tight on the middle part of the shoe, just the bottom by the toes and up top for ankle support and today I'm pain free. I think that was my only problem with the SE's, besides the zoom beeing a lot firmer and not as springy as the regular XX8's. I love this flight plate system and I know its not for everyone but for an older guy who has high school and D1 college miles on me these things are great for me. I'm thinking about copping another shrouded pair to add to the rotation soon or another SE.

I bought the Oakhill b-grade from outlet early january and went straight to indoor hardwood floor AND have since played in them every week for twice a week. Each time i played for at least 4 fast paced and timed 15min pick-up games. The mid sole carrier is much softer than new and the outsole is very pliable, so far nothing popped. My buddy who has the same shoe also bought the M10 without any problems. We only uses these indoor, put them on when we get there and take them off when we leave.

I just bought the grey cement pair and will wear them to play today. We will see how the white outsole holds up.

Do people experience the popped zoom bag more on the court or off? Personally with the outsole being thin, i do not see these as walk around shoe at all.

I bought the Oakhill b-grade from outlet early january and went straight to indoor hardwood floor AND have since played in them every week for twice a week. Each time i played for at least 4 fast paced and timed 15min pick-up games. The mid sole carrier is much softer than new and the outsole is very pliable, so far nothing popped. My buddy who has the same shoe also bought the M10 without any problems. We only uses these indoor, put them on when we get there and take them off when we leave.

I just bought the grey cement pair and will wear them to play today. We will see how the white outsole holds up.

Do people experience the popped zoom bag more on the court or off? Personally with the outsole being thin, i do not see these as walk around shoe at all.

I've worn mine a few times out and to coach my team because they are very comfy but for the most part with both pair I put them on when I get to the gym.

got my 5th pair of SE and still no issues

blue, red, black, AS,and westbrooks 

all good after several hours in each

KNOCK ON WOOD--- NO POPPING

Has to come back to playing style

3 pair of Breds, 1 Georgetown, 1 Superfly 2 all popped never worn casualy and only worn on an  indoor hardwood court, changed before and after training

Still have a pair of Christmas's and All Sars left but after they pop I'm done with the 28's it's just to much for a shoe of this quality and price to be letting me down like this

$200 plus tax back to a gift card

Now that im thinkin bout my math is all wrong lol. I was thinkin bout the team jordans and gettin em for $90. Anyway still got some cash back gift card or not. Bout to make a return myself of some d rose 4s

:lol: yea. Got $94 on a gc plus $20 wc still. Thinking about them Carolina team Is to b honest.

My Christmas editions popped a couple of weeks ago.  I started a claim online and got a product voucher back about a week later.  At first I started trying on different shoes looking at buying a different pair, but every time I tried a pair on I wasn't nearly as impressed as I was with the XX8's.  At least Nike is super responsive about sending out product vouchers.  Now I just need to find a nike.com discount code.

played in my dk powder blues today for the third time and they felt great. traction can't be beat. cushioning appears to have soften up a bit, but not as springy as regular 28s. the fit was also better, because i wore 2 layer elite socks. i wished these kicks had come with 6 eyelets so i could really have a tight lockdown. next week, i might wear these again or go with Lebron X. i am on a zoom cushioning kick... my Kobe 8s have been out of rotation for over month.

I hate to be one of those dudes, but does anyone know where I can find the OKC colored SEs in a size 14? There's a couple on eBay but they're pricey. I saw Jerami Grant wearing them for 'Cuse and figured they'd be a nice addition for my alma mater and plus I haven't gotten Jordan's latest and greatest in a minute.

Last edited:
I hate to be one of those dudes, but does anyone know where I can find the OKC colored SEs in a size 14? There's a couple on eBay but they're pricey. I saw Jerami Grant wearing them for 'Cuse and figured they'd be a nice addition for my alma mater and plus I haven't gotten Jordan's latest and greatest in a minute.

Are you talking about the okc Camo? If so, there was a "re-stock" a week or so ago. Best bet is ebay. That's where I bought mine.

Back
Top Bottom