Air Jordan XXXII (32)

21980282_1558088484252861_9127346966232039424_n.jpg

Holy Hell!!! Straight :emoji_fire::emoji_fire::emoji_fire::emoji_fire::emoji_fire::emoji_fire::emoji_fire:!!!

I'm bummed about them being narrow, but a part is also relieved that I'm going to be saving a lot of money. I usually get upset if I miss out on a shoe I like, but if I can't fit in it then I really don't care as much. I think I'm going to buy one more discounted XXXI before they fly off the shelves.

Saw the all red joints in person at the Nike Flagship and wasn't COMPLETELY sold. The darker red midsection threw me off. I'd love to see what a more expensive version of the shoe would look like. JB suede is just :emoji_mask:

First impressions after 1 night of pickup games:

FIT: Snug fit around the midfoot, but in a good way. Not a choking/suffocating snug, but rather a confidence-instilling snug. I feel very locked in. Runs a tad long like all the reviewers have already mentioned, but the snugness prevented my feet from sliding forward too much. I recommend TTS, and for those that worry about these being tight, I highly suggest you loosen the laces until there is slack all the way down to the first loop because the upper is slightly stretchy. You can then tighten the laces to your preference, but do yourself a favor and take advantage of the materials.

TRACTION: Traction is better than my 31's on a mildly dusty court. Not Kobe 9 level, but nothing for me to complain about. Not much else to say until I play on more courts.

CUSHION: Can definitely feel the bounciness and width of the forefoot zoom right away, but the heel zoom not so much in comparison. The impact protection is definitely there though. Pretty sure the phylon midsole carrier needs time to break in. For a light-weight player like me (150 lbs), an hour and a half of hooping ain't enough. Would be nice to hear how you heavier (ahem, normal weight) folks fare in the break-in process.

MATERIALS: Suede material is pretty cheap. BUT...I really don't care because I plan to ball in these and the area where I prioritize material quality is the upper that wraps around my forefoot and midfoot. Having said that, the flyknit upper is really nice! The inner booty which lines the flyknit is plush and slightly elastic, which allows the upper to conform to the shape of your foot right away, unlike the Kobe 11's TPU-backed flyknit which is "crispy" and not at all elastic yet can get stretched out permanently (not a very eloquent description lol). The suede only covers the side wings and since I'm gonna trash these on court, I really couldn't care less about the material quality there unless it affected my performance and it didn't. Let's just say if JB had to find a place to cut cost (I know...I know...), I'm glad they chose the side wing materials lol. Lastly I find the laces kinda weird. They are definitely made out of a strong material that won't fray on you, but the round shape and lack of plushness lends to them becoming easily undone. Just a heads up to pull 'em tight!

Last edited:
Good review. I too feel that the suede is a major letdown. Doesn't really matter for balling but for the price they charge the materials should be top quality all round.
I'm on the fence whether I should keep the reds or send them back and get the banned ones next month. Ideally I'd wait until the banned release but by then I won't be able to return the reds if I go for the banned.

Good review. I too feel that the suede is a major letdown. Doesn't really matter for balling but for the price they charge the materials should be top quality all round.
I'm on the fence whether I should keep the reds or send them back and get the banned ones next month. Ideally I'd wait until the banned release but by then I won't be able to return the reds if I go for the banned.

Why won't you be able to return the reds by then? If you bought from Nike, their return policy is great. Isn't it something like a year if unworn and with receipt included?

Why won't you be able to return the reds by then? If you bought from Nike, their return policy is great. Isn't it something like a year if unworn and with receipt included?
I am based in the UK and Nike here only has a 30 day return policy.
That US policy sounds great

Back
Top Bottom