Air Penny 2 RD & Pics: 9/27/08 White/Royal/Black, 11/08, & 01/09

I was gonna cop but just found out the sole is not translucent on the 23 pair 🗑️
I don't know why nike does this! I used to believe it was so you'd buy the next release but all the kids who had the ogs are now adults with money. Give us as close to og as possible! I'm a collector, I'm gonna buy every release if I like the shoe anyway. I can't tell you how many pairs I've passed on the past few years because nike changed some **** up. But Sadly I lost my '08s and '16s in a fire so I'm not waiting till they release the 2016 pair again in 2036.

I don't know why nike does this! I used to believe it was so you'd buy the next release but all the kids who had the ogs are now adults with money. Give us as close to og as possible! I'm a collector, I'm gonna buy every release if I like the shoe anyway. I can't tell you how many pairs I've passed on the past few years because nike changed some **** up. But Sadly I lost my '08s and '16s in a fire so I'm not waiting till they release the 2016 pair again in 2036.

This was one of my first “expensive” Nikes as a child and I remember that translucent sole with the cf shank made them special. They 100% did it to cut cost./being lazy because they’re not trying to cater to a niche market that wants og specs. I wonder if they cheaped out on the zoom as well

This was one of my first “expensive” Nikes as a child and I remember that translucent sole with the cf shank made them special. They 100% did it to cut cost./being lazy because they’re not trying to cater to a niche market that wants og specs. I wonder if they cheaped out on the zoom as well
Oh yeah for sure! Makes sense but like you saying you're passing on them for no translucent sole and I'm sure you've passed on other releases for similar reasons as I have, when does people who actually buy the shoes passing start hurting their bottom line? Like i said I'm a collector and there's really only 2 or 3 they'd have to butcher so badly that'd I'd pass. Lol sadly this isn't 1 of them for me. I know this topic has been discussed for years... freaking nike

1698984491955.png

Oh yeah for sure! Makes sense but like you saying you're passing on them for no translucent sole and I'm sure you've passed on other releases for similar reasons as I have, when does people who actually buy the shoes passing start hurting their bottom line? Like i said I'm a collector and there's really only 2 or 3 they'd have to butcher so badly that'd I'd pass. Lol sadly this isn't 1 of them for me. I know this topic has been discussed for years... freaking nike

That’s real. I might scoop these randomly down the line for nostalgic purposes. But not at 200

Now the black pair is a must have unfortunately lol

I know the 09s had the translucent sole (which I have), the 2016s had the solid sole, and now these have the solid sole? I swear I saw someone post pics of the og and it leaned more towards solid...idc, I'd probably pick up another pair either way.

If they indeed have a solid sole I’ll happily pass and wait for aways. 🤞🏾 they don’t pull the same **** with those.

I kind of remember them being more solid too, but I was 11 when I got the OG pair in 97 lol. I think they combined the look with his pair that had the cent logo instead of the swoosh. Those look to have a more solid sole.
FC6A14F6-20DC-498C-BB42-3F9F7493B2A7.jpeg

Last edited:
I know the 09s had the translucent sole (which I have), the 2016s had the solid sole, and now these have the solid sole? I swear I saw someone post pics of the og and it leaned more towards solid...idc, I'd probably pick up another pair either way.

OG had translucent soles. soft and comfortable, but flimsy. the outsole had a tear after 1 day of pickup games. I don't know why they wouldn't use the translucent outsoles on these. I think every shoe model out has some variation of a translucent sole these days.

I kind of remember them being more solid too, but I was 11 when I got the OG pair in 97 lol. I think they combined the look with his pair that had the cent logo instead of the swoosh. Those look to have a more solid sole.
FC6A14F6-20DC-498C-BB42-3F9F7493B2A7.jpeg

It appears solid in pics but it was basically a blue gum sole. Up side is the solid won’t yellow so it’s kind of a win but lacks quality

IMG_1344.jpeg
IMG_1342.jpeg
IMG_1343.jpeg

IMG_1345.jpeg

It appears solid in pics but it was basically a blue gum sole. Up side is the solid won’t yellow so it’s kind of a win but lacks quality

IMG_1344.jpeg
IMG_1342.jpeg
IMG_1343.jpeg

IMG_1345.jpeg
Appreciate the info. Couldn’t really recall too much as I was 11 when I had the OGs lol. I’m happy that the sole won’t yellow now.

Appreciate the info. Couldn’t really recall too much as I was 11 when I had the OGs lol. I’m happy that the sole won’t yellow now.

I was like 12 lol but I remember that sole. I guess the not yellowing part is a win in retrospect. Imagine if they dropped blk/red XI with a solid sole people would trip lol

I've always loved how the 2s look, just to look at. But I barely wore my 2008 away pair because something about them seems childish to me. I don't know exactly how to describe it, but on my feet I always felt like they looked silly and were made for kids :lol:

Had the last retro. Them things squeaked like a mofo. Actually just sold that pair a few months ago. Bought them at FTL. They went on discount quick for some reason.

I’d love to catch the atlantics half off but I don’t know if I have it in me to wait it out that long

but the social status collab left a stain with them going for more than half off and i bought both at retail plus their ridiculous shipping

that ish hurt

Back
Top Bottom