Air Revolution Returns This Summer...

l

Diggin these really bad. Looking for a wearble pair if anyone knows. 

Just picked up another white an blue pair on the low. 

Nike Air Revolution Vintage QS "Sail/Wolf Grey" $69.99 + $15 ship...  http://www.23penny.com/product/air-revolution-vintage-qs-sail-wolf-grey
The leather quality on the vintage QS's are really good and the midsole is color dyed and not painted like the GRs. After continuous wear absolutely no cracking.

These prove that Nike can still produce midsoles that so not chip off(i.e. all Jordan III retros) after a few wears if they wanted to.

Came up on these 02s. So much better than the recent released one

Probably post more pics later
Nice, I just found a DS pair off the bay for cheap also. Still wearable for a 12 year old shoe. Just a slight midsole separation at the mid foot flex point, but easily fixed with some Shoe Goo.

I definitely am. Got em rotation as beaters. Can't get enough of em.

i slept on these i love the revolutions especially the white/blk/blues...will have them in the collection some day

Vintage QS are in my regular rotation. I don't have any of the GR releases so I can't compare, but these are pretty comfortable with their soft, full grain leathers. I still wear my white/blue 02's on occasion, but the toebox on those are much narrower compared to these so less comfortable for me.

Vintage QS are in my regular rotation. I don't have any of the GR releases so I can't compare, but these are pretty comfortable with their soft, full grain leathers. I still wear my white/blue 02's on occasion, but the toebox on those are much narrower compared to these so less comfortable for me.
this thread had me fiendin lol so i did a little "research" (clicked on the above link) and found those qs for $40 DS.  no brainer man, will be receiving in the next couple days!

^that's an awesome deal for the QS. You'll like them.

I busted out my 02s today. 12 year old shoe still going strong!
Yup, I know a steal when I see one so instacop.  The wht/blk/blue is the one I want the most though so I will be on the lookout for those.  I got my QS in the mail ~2 days ago and I am absolutely impressed with the quality.  

The first thing I noticed taking out of the box was the smell of the shoe; smells like an early 2000s shoe, like real leather!  Next thing was the type of leather used, it was very soft just like you said soleaddict33...like noticeably soft and crinkles when a little pressure is applied.  And lastly, Nike did not skimp out on the ankle cushioning, very plush.  I've been wanting this shoe since 9th grade, that was in 2002 and finally have a pair...can't put a price on nostalgia.  Not grail status for me but definitely up there in one of my favorite shoes.  

Pic for leather reference:

Last edited:
^Also the quality of the paint on the midsole is really good. I've worn mine a bunch of times without any indication of cracking/chipping. Definitely not like all the recent AJ IIIs that start to chip and crack after a couple of wears.

Damn!! Those are fresh!! And no yellowing either
Yeah, got them off the bay from a guy who had them in his closet for years. No special plastic bagging or anything, just sitting in the box chilling.  Midsole is still soft to the touch and the air bubbles still pretty clear. As I mentioned above there was a slight midsole separation from the leather at the inner forefoot bend, but a little Shoe Glue remedied that.

The leather has dried out a tiny bit, but still soft and still soooo much better than the synthetic crap they put on the 2013 GRs. The leather quality on the QS are still better though. As addictedtosole mentioned, probably top of the line for a Nike product nowadays.

Bought both, the white/blue/blacks and the QS... Paid retail for both.
I agree, the QS is all about premium materials; well worth retail.
I wasn't gonna wait for the white/blues to hit clearance, even though they did.
That's when i picked up a 2nd pair for $50.
:nerd:

Soles on the 2013 retros were a deal breaker. There so big and uncomfortable for me. Very differently shaped than the earlier retros

this was posted today in the outlet thread. this is at the south chicago outlet. pretty good deal for both revolutions

Small project today, Lows from 2003 came up well with some love and resto sauce, a new set of flattys helped also, its interesting to see some pairs of the hi's with the round laces cus its always hard to keep laces when velcro straps are in the mix, I might give this a try if i can find a decent set of waxy rounds in the right size.

Overall the quality on these was much better than most of the retros Im seeing today, they clean up much easier than a lot of shoes half their age.

View media item 2291537
View media item 2291553
Right shoe was before left shoe after.

View media item 2291542Just after finishing both

View media item 2291543Job done - for now :D

Last edited:
hope highs and lows come back. odd for air flight 89 to be so loved and for air revolution to be so shunned

Back
Top Bottom