AJ 1 BLACK/ROYAL FEB 2013

Status
Not open for further replies.
Waits for people to start selling their 01's. Hopefully I can grap a pair lower than usual.

Nike Air on the tongue, you say?? Welp...sign me up. Fingers crossed that the leather is that of the Banned I (or of the '01 Retro), but i aint eem gonna front...good leather or plastic BMP leather, matters naught.

i saw theophilus london cop these in flight club ny last year and i was jealous as hell so hopefully i can get them this time around

Theophilius London? I woulda slapped that fool for how he dresses, can't even listen to his music because of that.

I have the '01 version.

If these are anything like it leather and look wise, I will get a fresh pair of the 2013 version!

I picked up a pair of 01's this year and have stayed in the rotation. I could use a pair that I can beat up and will COP multiples of these if all checks out. From the pics, it looks like the swoosh might be a different leather than the 01's? Not a big deal, just an observation.

These get the Nike Air treatment, but the white/black/red colorway that is also releasing in 2013 keeps the Jumpman?  What gives?  If anything, the white/black/red colorway is more entitled to having Nike Air considering MJ wore them more often than the royal blue 1s.  In fact, I only saw MJ wearing these shoes once in an ad wearing a matching blue jumpsuit, but never on the court.  

I will have two pairs of these and beat my 01s into submission and then beat another pair and then hope I can keep the last pair clean haha

more than 10 years for this to retro....along side a slew of other retros that have been released again and again....

i'm starting to think JB is gearing up for next year to be their swan song.

I honestly wouldnt mind if it was.

more than 10 years for this to retro....along side a slew of other retros that have been released again and again....
too true

Still have my 01's in the closet that are about a 6.5/10 which I wear every now and then. I have not bought a Jordan signature shoe/retro in almost 5 years. These may bring me out of hibernation.

Blue and black are some of my favorite colorways for sneakers. Love dark color J's as they don't get dirty as fast. Can't wait to get these.

CMON SON.

they got a whole new generation in these 90s babies who wanna be like us and wear bulls jerseys and "J's" even though they never saw the man play. That cycle will likely continue with their kids.

Us older heads yea were on our way out we had the OGS and have seen retros many times over. just a few more as we say. lol

CMON SON.
they got a whole new generation in these 90s babies who wanna be like us and wear bulls jerseys and "J's" even though they never saw the man play. That cycle will likely continue with their kids.
Us older heads yea were on our way out we had the OGS and have seen retros many times over. just a few more as we say. lol

That could be true. But never in the history of the brand have they release SO MUCH in such a short time span. And when you think about how much longer they're going to milk the Jordan cash cow, it makes you wonder. How long CAN they get away with it?

I've honestly never felt sick of Air Jordans until this last year. Its just too much, and too many people wearing them.....I never thought i'd say that.

i had almost 300 pairs in my collection, and after pruning over the last year, i halved it. And its definitely going to get smaller.

I'll tell you what, i haven't complained even once every time i pulled a pair of D&G's or Gucci's out of their box. Quality is always top notch.

Jordans are almost as expensive. Think about that one!

That could be true. But never in the history of the brand have they release SO MUCH in such a short time span. And when you think about how much longer they're going to milk the Jordan cash cow, it makes you wonder. How long CAN they get away with it?
I've honestly never felt sick of Air Jordans until this last year. Its just too much, and too many people wearing them.....I never thought i'd say that.
i had almost 300 pairs in my collection, and after pruning over the last year, i halved it. And its definitely going to get smaller.
I'll tell you what, i haven't complained even once every time i pulled a pair of D&G's or Gucci's out of their box. Quality is always top notch.
Jordans are almost as expensive. Think about that one!

main reason you are seeling soooo many retro releases is due to the demand of the shoes...jb knows they can drop multiple retros per month and pretty much sell out right away if not in a couple weeks...why not just keep feeding these hungry beasts out there?

there is wayyyyyy too much for jb to drop on us including:

-retro releases with cheaper materials and slight changes to differentiate with og

-retro releases staying very close to og with just changes being cheaper materials

-retro releases with new hypebeast cws

jb lives by the old school bad boy/p.diddy moto, "can't stop, won't stop"..........not when people are camping out to throw money at them

Last edited:
main reason you are seeling soooo many retro releases is due to the demand of the shoes...jb knows they can drop multiple retros per month and pretty much sell out right away if not in a couple weeks...why not just keep feeding these hungry beasts out there?
there is wayyyyyy too much for jb to drop on us including:
-retro releases with cheaper materials and slight changes to differentiate with og
-retro releases staying very close to og with just changes being cheaper materials
-retro releases with new hypebeast cws
jb lives by the old school bad boy/p.diddy moto, "can't stop, won't stop"..........not when people are camping out to thow money at them
Recent retro 4 Varsity red supports your claim. I'm just hoping that JB turns it "on" for this release. Let's keep the pictures of these and skinny jeans on the DL to avoid hypebeast interest.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom