AJ 1 BLACK/ROYAL FEB 2013

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sometimes these JB threads crack me up...

1 pair, 2 pairs, 30 pairs...let the next man do him.

I feel you on the Black Toes, bence.  Every OG colorway with the Nike Air treatment is going to be had next year which means Royals, Black Toes, and Black/Reds (if they do infact drop).

double up for me
so, down the line
you know, after yours are beat to hell and your waiting for a re-retro only for it to have a jump man. I'll have a DS

all good, mate.

with my rotation of about forty pairs, i am confident these will re-retro at least twice before my one pair gets anywhere near beat.

Last edited:

I feel you on the Black Toes, bence.  Every OG colorway with the Nike Air treatment is going to be had next year which means Royals, Black Toes, and Black/Reds (if they do infact drop).

the posts were geared towards the reasoning for the multiple pairs, because if one gets beat he has back up like he only has this one shoe in his collection? im sure we all have multiple pairs of shoes in the closet and even a 10 year hiatus between releases should be sufficient, now as far as trade bait i understand but i dont have the strength to trust other people to ship mine first and hope they ship theirs so i dont trade over the net and finding a head in person is kinda difficult in tampa cuz the shoe collectors are few and far between.

the posts were geared towards the reasoning for the multiple pairs, because if one gets beat he has back up like he only has this one shoe in his collection? im sure we all have multiple pairs of shoes in the closet and even a 10 year hiatus between releases should be sufficient, now as far as trade bait i understand but i dont have the strength to trust other people to ship mine first and hope they ship theirs so i dont trade over the net and finding a head in person is kinda difficult in tampa cuz the shoe collectors are few and far between.
I agree with that to some extent, but at the same time, how is that affecting you?

What works for you may not necessarily work for the next man.  Some people wear a pair into the ground on purpose.  Some people want a museum.  Some people rotate pairs.  Not everyone has OCD with their shoes like us.  Whatever the reason, it's their bread.  Let them do what makes them happy.  If they put in the work and land their pairs, more power to them.  Guess I'm just of the mindset that what the next man does shouldn't affect me.  We're not the sneaker police after all.

As for trades, I don't trade online.  Local only unless it's a rare case.

Let me put this in different terms. If you had a time machine, went back to 99-2001. You had a comfortable of money, as I do, and had the opportunity to buy multiple of anything would you? Knowing quality will get worse and worse, and risking they'd be re-retroed stupidly?

There's logic. I don't ever double, but with Nike Air there's a great reason to.

Let's get back on topic... These are amazing!

I hope they are as durable as they have been in the past!

Are these getting soft, tumbled leather or smooth leather?  I wouldn't mind plush leather, but if they go smooth I'm hoping they give these something good.  Air Trainer II QS level.

From the pix so far, looks to be the bad leather they been putting on all 1s lately. You can tell it'll crease within just trying it on. I'm still happy to see it being retroed because i am not paying 400 for 01s.

i do me and let you do you as long as what you do doesnt affect me negatively...

i.e. if you buy ten pairs and that directly results in me not getting one pair then you can bet i will be caring about what you are doing.

Last edited:
A friend of mine has a sample. The leather is amazing and soft. Not quite like the Banneds, but def better then all 1's that have been releasing. The Wht/Blk/Red pairs are getting synthetic leather. You already know those will be creasing up.

Last edited:
im not hating just stating why i dont think its worth it, yeah def do you and never let someone tell u to do anything else but also dont get upset when people give their point of view. and secondly i can see why multiple pairs would be had cuz these are fire but i dont do doubles thats just me

im not hating just stating why i dont think its worth it, yeah def do you and never let someone tell u to do anything else but also dont get upset when people give their point of view. and secondly i can see why multiple pairs would be had cuz these are fire but i dont do doubles thats just me

I feel u no beef here my man.

@verysteri I don't wear your size, and I'm def not buying 10. So no love loss

A friend of mine has a sample. The leather is amazing and soft. Not quite like the Banneds, but def better then all 1's that have been releasing. The Wht/Blk/Red pairs are getting synthetic leather. You already know those will be creasing up.
Great news.  Strongly considering two 11.5's.  Slowly but surely I'm getting back into this style of Nikes especially with Nike SB starting to put out decent stuff again.  Hopefully the Black Toes receive the same treatment.

Great news.  Strongly considering two 11.5's.  Slowly but surely I'm getting back into this style of Nikes especially with Nike SB starting to put out decent stuff again.  Hopefully the Black Toes receive the same treatment.

I'm assuming since all the Nike Air pairs are limited, then they'd most likely have better material i.e. the fabric tongues. So I'm certain Black Toes and Knicks will be good quality. The White/Red/Blk 1's have that synthetic leather & tongue, so we already see they went a different direction with those aside from Nike Air :smh:

These are nice. Wish they would've done "Nike Air" on all the 1's next year.
Ok we get it FutureHughes one pair. Got it the first time. Stop being a sheep now
This is too funny.

You'll see him randomly pop up in some of the JB topics and either drop pointless one liners, post some smiley's, quote members with no response, or post up a gif thinking it's funny. And then he'll disappear for a while and rinse and repeat.

Whatever thou, let that boy cook.

i think everyone has to accept these two facts.
1.guys buying once get a little get a little agitated they wanna rock their only pair all the time and they think about wearing them down,so they get a little salty about people having more pairs,a buy the one-pair men dont make for many different reasons.
2.guys bying x2 or more get much satisfaction as they instantly rock their one pair and let the other pairs chill.the too get a little salty--flashing their multiples cause buying more than one times hurts your wallet,so they be 'flashing their bling' to justify their expense.

i ve been on both sides so no prob with anyone.

PLEASE OH PLEASE stop arguing on whether its cool and 'og' to just buy one pair or 'super cool' fresh or swag to buy 242 pairs.just groww up and respect the right to do whatever.as i ve stated many times ITS JUST ******G SHOES.chill and live as pleased.that said,coppin x2. :tongue:

The only thing I fear about these is creasing, and midsole yellowing, the phat ones I bought last year have already got midsole yellowing. Hence, why I talk so badly about them. So I hope these get a more durable midsole. As for creasing, time to go find some new shields...

The only thing I fear about these is creasing, and midsole yellowing, the phat ones I bought last year have already got midsole yellowing. Hence, why I talk so badly about them. So I hope these get a more durable midsole. As for creasing, time to go find some new shields...
Just let your ones crease...if its quality leather they'll wear well and look good with wear on em

Remember this pic?:

What I think JB will do:

They release two versions of all 1's, one "Established 1985" with the Jumpman, and one "Since 1985" with the Nike Air (that would explain why we've seen Royals with Nike Air and White/Reds with the Jumpman).

I guess they'll make the Jumpman versions a GR and the Nike Air versions limited. 

Of course I'm not sure about this, just some thinking.
I posted this back in September, guess I was right.

But the real question is: will they release other shoes than just the 1s with the Nike Air? I think so, but we won't see them until at least 2014 - 2015. Because 2014 will be the year of the VIs, and then they'll have released all shoes with a Nike Air logo (from the IIIs in 2011 to the VIs in 2013). I guess after that they can start re-releasing the shoes with the Nike Air. Also, you could say that 2009 was the year of the 1s (with the OG CWs (the 'DTRT') and the DMP pack) and now 2013 again. So that means that in 2015 we could be seeing 3s with the Nike Air again!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom