AJVI Infrared Pack *OFFICIAL THREAD* NO BUYING/SELLING/TRADING/SPLITTING!

Originally Posted by darealjkid

Originally Posted by handullz

Originally Posted by Baby Jumpman

Originally Posted by Twinsnyc

I think once the Cement 4  3 drop.

nerd.gif
are these confirmed?

not confirmed, but most likely the will..

yeah i bet you money they release in '11. i just confirmed it. 
laugh.gif
 seriously though. my source tells me its so. and this guy has never been wrong.

i wasnt doubtin anybody... shiddd... i aint got no sources...
laugh.gif

i just seen that the 3s were droppin, not the 4s...

and most times... where ever there's smoke... there's fire...

Originally Posted by hotbutter

^^ you just LOOOOOOOOOOOOOVE writing paragraphs upon paragraphs huh Anomaly??
Not really.  The posts take as long as they take to say what I got to say.  It's called posting something of substance, which I know is a foreign concept to the text loving generation LOL.

Man, I'm still torn on whether I want to keep these, or not.  I've been like a kid again ever since I got them home, with one shoe easily within sight in the bedroom, and the other in the living room so I can constantly stare at them.
laugh.gif
  I want to wear them bad, being these have a lot of sentimental value to me, but at the same time, I can't bring myself to wear them because they're just not the same.  What really made it hit home is when I tried them on the day after getting them, which really showed me how different the shape of the shoe is vs. the '91s.  I had a huge feeling of disappointment after that, and have been wavering between wearing them and selling them ever since.

Havent had a chance to post my story. I went to my local mall the night before they released and we only have 3 stores champs,footlocker and footaction.
Footlocker and champs only got around 16 pairs each and were opening at 6 am, A employee at footaction said they were not getting them then the manager who i always talk to and we chat every now then comes from the back and says whats up, so i tell him i wanted 2 packs he says "what size do i need? I told him 2 packs of size 9.5. He kinda whispered "be here at 10 am i got you" I was like for real? he said "yeah be here but keep it on the low. So i went home i was tellin my girl if i should try eastbay anyways and she said just to have faith in that guy so sure enought the next morn i head to the mall and get there at 10 am sharp and i see they same guy whio told be friday they didnt get them unlock and raise the gate and btw i am the only person there waiting. I go to the register and he comes with 2 packs for me! im like
eek.gif
He says the manager told him that i was coming to hold my sizes. so i get my 2 packs no problem then when i leave a guy walks in asking for a size 11 and dude pulls out a pack for him. Cant believe this just happened
smile.gif
I got a feeling the only reason i got this pack was because everyone jumped on the black and also the white varsities because if those didnt release i seriously doubt i woulda been able to cop. These eventually did sell out but not till after a few days. So whoever said go to the shoes stores and make a friend with a employee to try and secure your pair i say "Thank You".
smile.gif

btw forgot to mention I have both  black and white varsity reds and the quality on the infrareds is better especially the whites

I wanna see some side by side pictures of the White Bulls and White Infrareds, im having a hard time believing the Infrared has better quality materials.

Anybody got any?

I don't think anyone here told the Niketown SF story, so here it goes. I woke up around 5:20am, took a shower, took the bus down to Berkeley BART, and left on BART for the city around 6:27am. I get to Niketown SF, and there are maybe 8 dudes waiting there for the doors to open. The door opens around 7am, and the employees come out with the raffle tickets and wristbands. The tall dude who had been waiting there first asks the employee a question.
Employee: "Nah, the biggest size we got it a 13."
Tall guy: "Are you serious?!"
Employee: "Yeah. They made them that way."

The tall guy walks off empty handed. Blame JB for not including the big footed collectors in this release, however, the guy should have done his research.
So everyone get's their wristband and ticket, and they tell us to be in front of Levi's at 8am. I go burn some time at Starbucks and Burger King, and then go wait in front of Levi's at 7:40am. There were some people wearing heat like DMP XIs, 01 Black/Cement IIIs, Olympic VIs, etc. While we were waiting, some crazy homeless guy walked or stomped on some dude's Mercedes. The guy was an older Filipino sneakerhead. He looked pissed, but he didn't do anything, since the guy was obviously not sane.

By 8am, only about 50-60 people had shown up for this release. They had 32 pairs, so chances were looking pretty good. The raffle starts and everyone huddles in. Some lucky guy gets picked first. He heads off into the store. Second drawing... Damn, not my number. Third drawing... 118. Everyone looks around.

I'm like "Wait, what number?"
"118!"

They had called my number and I wasn't even paying attention. So I go up, tell them my size, and they check off one of the three size 12s that they had. they put a red wristband on my other wrist, and I head off into the store feeling happier than I had ever been. They direct me up the escalator, and I go to the counter where i see all the packs stacked behind. The lady pulls out a 12 for me, and I buy for about $340. I walk out of the store with a big smile on my face and see everyone still at the raffle.

I didn't feel safe going all the way back to Berkeley with them, so I took the bus to the Marina to go to my brother's place. While on the bus, I run into some guy who missed out on the raffle. If only he had known that the Foot Locker at the mall a few blocks down from Niketown had packs in almost a FSR well into the afternoon. I make it to my brother's, open up my pack (they smell horrible), and am pretty pleased with my purchase and my luck.

It was a pretty good experience. I'm glad Niketown SF does raffles and not camp outs. I chatted with this guy named Andrew while waiting for the raffle. He's a pretty nice guy, and I hope he got his size.

What would be a good trade for this infrared pack?If somebody put a pack up for a trade what would be some good offers to make?

Trav T wrote:
While we were waiting, some crazy homeless guy walked or stomped on some dude's Mercedes. The guy was an older Filipino sneakerhead. He looked pissed, but he didn't do anything, since the guy was obviously not sane. 

Same dude that has a RANGE too??? That Older cat is always there.

How many pairs did he leave with?

Originally Posted by RICO7JT

Trav T wrote:
While we were waiting, some crazy homeless guy walked or stomped on some dude's Mercedes. The guy was an older Filipino sneakerhead. He looked pissed, but he didn't do anything, since the guy was obviously not sane. 

Same dude that has a RANGE too??? That Older cat is always there.

How many pairs did he leave with?
I'm not sure, since I bounced after I copped, but he brought a girlfriend/wife with him.

Originally Posted by TheShoeKing23

I wanna see some side by side pictures of the White Bulls and White Infrareds, im having a hard time believing the Infrared has better quality materials.

Anybody got any?
I'd like to see this comparison up close too.  Upon seeing them on separate occasions, to me they look identical.  Why would JB be using different leathers for an identical shoe that only has a paint variation on the sole? 

The black/infrared and black/varsity reds are identical quality.  I don't know why cats are thinking the infrared version is superior in quality?  Just because of a pinker color on the sole, the leather automatically gets higher quality ratings?  Are you friggin kidding me?  Some people.  SMH. 
smh.gif
  The only reason why it "looks" different is because the varsity reds come packed with tissue paper, so the suede can sometimes look a little ashy out of the box from the paper and/or dust.  The Infrareds come in the anti-static bag so therefore they are going to be dust free and look cleaner.  THAT'S WHY. 

Ain't no damn different quality suede used!  SMH

Originally Posted by mikecabrera

The black/infrared and black/varsity reds are identical quality.  I don't know why cats are thinking the infrared version is superior in quality?
Honestly, I have to disagree with you. And I am a person that said the same thing as you did before seeing the pack in person.
I inspected the black/infras before shipping out to buyers and noticed the material was smoother and the finish looked different from my black/varsity reds.

I cant comment on the white ones tho because I dont own them and didnt even bother to check out the white ones that much.

Back
Top Bottom