Al Davis has alzheimers (j/k) but ...

Shoot, I almost hope this happens so he can be interviewed for the Skins job

laugh.gif
You stole my idea for a post!

If someone had made this up in a thread that an owner wrote out the coaches resignation after just one year on the job, I wouldn't have beleived it. Whothe hell does business that way?

Sad thing is, the Raiders smoked us this season.
frown.gif

This man has seriously lost his marbles. I'll go to the extreme of saying as long as he is functioning the Raiders will not compete. Kiffin should collectthe money and go get a job somewhere else.

Al Davis is$%!$#!+ up....what an idiot..smart play by Kiffin to try and get fired, I'm sure there is some money issues that would happen if heresigned...but what a$%!$#!+ !%%%+%$...the Raiders are not as bad of a football team as the record shows, they were actually in a lot of the games that theylost and the players respect Kiffin...
tired.gif

Raiders deny report that team asked Kiffin to resign
Jan. 25, 2008
CBSSports.com wire reports

ALAMEDA, Calif. -- The Oakland Raiders denied a report Friday that owner Al Davis asked coach Lane Kiffin to resign.

ESPN, citing unidentified sources, reported that Davis drew up a resignation letter for Kiffin two weeks ago, but the coach refused to sign it. Kiffin has two years left on the contract he signed last January.

"There is no issue here," Raiders senior executive John Herrera said. "There was never an issue here. There's nothing to it."

Kiffin declined to address the report when asked about it by ESPN at the Senior Bowl in Mobile, Ala.

"I'm not going to comment on anything that has transpired in the past three weeks," said Kiffin, who is coaching the North team in the college all-star game.

Speculation about Kiffin's status began three weeks ago after reports surfaced following the season that he wanted to fire defensive coordinator Rob Ryan. The Raiders dismissed those reports and announced that Ryan was staying on as coordinator.

Kiffin told reporters at the Senior Bowl earlier in the week that his relationship with Ryan "is not an issue."

There's been a lot of noise, but for now Lane Kiffin is still the Raiders' man. (Getty Images)
Kiffin is scheduled to interview former San Diego Chargers receivers coach James Lofton on Monday for a potential job on the Raiders' staff, Herrera said.

Lofton, who was fired earlier this week by San Diego, interviewed for the head coaching job in Oakland the previous two years. Lofton lost out to Art Shell in 2006 and to Kiffin last year.

Kiffin, 32, was the youngest man to coach a game in the NFL since Harland Svare took over the Los Angeles Rams as a 31-year old in 1962. He overhauled almost the entire coaching staff after he arrived, hiring 14 new assistants.

The team went 4-12 in his first season in Oakland, doubling the team's win total from the previous year and showing signs of improvement in many areas.

But the defense under Ryan struggled despite returning all 11 starters as well as some key reserves from a unit that allowed the fewest yards passing and third fewest total yards in the league in 2006.

Take it for what its worth...something happened between Kiffin and Davis within the past 3 weeks...
tired.gif

Originally Posted by craxyaznguy

ryan > kriffin

ryan who? Rob Ryan? please he's almost as sad as Al himself. Also it's spelled Kiffin. The issue Davis and Kiffin had was that Kiffin was trying tofire Ryan but all didn't let him. If Kiffin is forced to resign or if he gets fired I will stop supporting the Raiders until Davis resigns either on hisown(which won't happen) by force or by natures calling.

smh.gif
As a long time raider fan thru thick and thin, I think its time for the NFL and Goodell to step in and make him give up the throne. He's clearly not inshape to run a professional organization thus pissin me off. Normally, I stick up for him when talkin to non-raider fans but I've givin up on dude. Hesmakin the raiders seem as the worst and disoraganized frankchise in sports, alongside the Knicks, respectively.
wink.gif

this almost make me not even want to be a fan of the raiders. i stick with them no matter what but this is jus plan dumb. how you going to win games if you geta new coach every year. and dennis green what has he done be sides let the bears off the hook. we were in alot of close games. only thing i didnt like boutkiffen this year was the play calling but that lacks personal. he was a good coach he brought the winnin attidue to the team jus lost close games. i reallyfelt that he would be a good coach in bout a seaon or two. btw when i read the artilice this moring it runnied my whole day

Originally Posted by Uter Zorker

Al Davis can do what he wants. I guess I'm the only Raider fan that thinks this way though...
yea, thats cool, its his team, his money but as a consumer U should care how davis runs his organization. when game prices are sky high, and then uhave to pay for nfl ticket and direcTV just to see games of your favorite team, its kinda disturbing to see the owner of the team not putting the best productthey possibly could on the field.

I mean, its pretty wak to be paying high prices for a!#$@#$# service.
U wouldnt do that in any other industry.
If Nikes fall apart after one wear, Im quite sure u wouldnt support their shoes anymre until they fixed the problem , rite?

yea, thats cool, its his team, his money but as a consumer U should care how davis runs his organization. when game prices are sky high, and then u have to pay for nfl ticket and direcTV just to see games of your favorite team, its kinda disturbing to see the owner of the team not putting the best product they possibly could on the field.

I mean, its pretty wak to be paying high prices for a!#$@#$# service.
U wouldnt do that in any other industry.
If Nikes fall apart after one wear, Im quite sure u wouldnt support their shoes anymre until they fixed the problem , rite?
Preach sir.
That's exactly why I haven't gone to a game in a few years. I let my money do the talking.

Back
Top Bottom