Al Davis has alzheimers (j/k) but ...

You're right Gunna, if it was any other owner (look at Peter Angelos in Baltimore) I'd say youre completely right. I just think after all Al Davis hasdown for the NFL that he deserves the 10 year window or however long we're looking at.

Theres 29 other teams for me to enjoy until my team turns into the right direction (although I was starting to believe in Kiffen a little)

Kiffin hopes to be back with Raiders despite reports of friction with Davis
The Associated Press
Article Launched: 01/25/2008 11:50:11 PM PST

MOBILE, Ala.-Lane Kiffin said he hopes to be back as Oakland Raiders coach next season, a day after reports surfaced that owner Al Davis has asked him toresign.
Kiffin was asked after coaching the North team at the Senior Bowl in Mobile, Ala., on Saturday whether he wanted to return a a second season as Oakland'scoach.
"I hope so," he said.
Kiffin would not comment further on a report by ESPN that Davis drew up a resignation letter for him two weeks ago.
"It's got nothing to do with this game, and these guys' last game here," he said.
The Raiders have denied the report when it came out Friday.
Speculation about Kiffin's status began three weeks ago after reports surfaced following the season that he wanted to fire defensive coordinator Rob Ryan.The Raiders dismissed those reports and announced that Ryan was staying on as coordinator.
Kiffin was reportedly upset that he didn't have control of his coaching staff, leading Davis to ask for his resignation. If Kiffin were to resign,he would not be paid for the remaining two years of hiscontract.
Kiffin, 32, was the youngest man to coach a game in the NFL since Harland Svare took over the Los Angeles Rams as a 31-year old in 1962. The team went 4-12 inhis first season in Oakland, doubling the team's win total from the previous year and showing signs of improvement in many areas.
But it marked the fifth straight year that Oakland has lost at least 10 games.

So yeah, I expect Kiffin to battle it out with Al Davis, which as a Raider fan, means that Kiffin returns for at least another year.

The Raiders continue to deny the fact that they have stripped Kiffin of his hiring powers...but supposedly Al Davis is interviewing Al Saunders and JamesLofton sometime this week...c'mon Al don't %%*% this up with Lane Kiffin!
tired.gif

I hope al saunders joins on.. his offense would better suit jamarcus russell than the west coast offense that greg knapp runs

Originally Posted by bayareaboss

this almost make me not even want to be a fan of the raiders. i stick with them no matter what but this is jus plan dumb. how you going to win games if you get a new coach every year. and dennis green what has he done be sides let the bears off the hook. we were in alot of close games. only thing i didnt like bout kiffen this year was the play calling but that lacks personal. he was a good coach he brought the winnin attidue to the team jus lost close games. i really felt that he would be a good coach in bout a seaon or two. btw when i read the artilice this moring it runnied my whole day

tired.gif
You must have forgot that Denny Green was a very successful headcoach before he went to Arizona.

It's sad watching Al to be honest, this dude needs a walker to get around. He's clearly lost it and as long as he's in charge the Raiders willforever stink. They should just black-out the entire 2008 football season...

What is Al davis' problem? Oakland can't establish a strong base if we keep firing our head coaches I believe that Kiffin will be a great coach if yougive him time we could've easily been 8-8 most of the games we lost we're close. Al davis is losing it and he should no longer be the owner of theraiders. By the way, Rob ryan is a horrible Defensive coordinator we were 30th in the NFL in run defense.

Back
Top Bottom