5d7151eeb6d927feeac31f41b948ec3ebaf77ab.jpg

My 2003 Jaguar S-Type R. 
pimp.gif

i <3 her.

quick notes: 

real joy to drive. great SPG (smiles per gallon 
tongue.gif
)

expensive to maintain/repair. REAL EXPENSIVE.

gas GUZZLER..

400hp. RWD.. hope you dont live in snow...

i dont like the S-type but i can appreciate the R
pimp.gif

nice ride homie
lol thanks man.. base S-Type was never even an option for me..
laugh.gif

the "R" thou.. 
devil.gif

pimp.gif

.. .. but back on topic.. alot of misinformed people in here..
30t6p3b.gif

OP.. Get what you want bro, but please, do your HW.!! thoroughly research all the vehicles your interested in, compare/contrast, and lastly determine which car is the right one for you.. If your looking at "Luxury" but obviously withing a budget, Lexus/Acura would be a wiser choice as both vehicles have proven themselves very reliable and probably wont need repairs as often.. Not that Jaguars arent reliable, theyre just known to have small annoying issues (mostly electrical) that can really drain your wallet on repairs.. most importantly, be patient. I dont know how urgent your need for a car is, but if theres no rush.. wait.!! it'll give you time to really make a informed decision plus give you more time to save up.! 

heres some advice:

- Search daily.. youll never know when you just might find a steal.. (eBay, Autotrader, Cars, Craigslist.. SEARCH SEARCH SEARCH!!

- High mileage isnt as bad as the kids in here make it to be.. a car with 100k on the dash and a clean history report showing routine maintenance > a car with 50k miles and No service records.. a car is only as good as its been taken care of.

- Search local private sellers.. theyre easier to negotiate with, plus are easier manipulated with CA$H in front of them. 
laugh.gif

- go test drive.!!! drive the car you want atleast 4x before making your decision.. 

- DONT GET THE 4.0.. its a POS, search only 2003+ S-types.. perferably the 4.2 v8.. or the supercharged "R" 
devil.gif

- DONT RUSH. a car is one of the most important purchases you could make, even if your buying used.. Take your time.. do your research.. and drive the cars.. when you find the right one.. youll just know.. 
pimp.gif
 GOODLUCK.!!
That part I put in bold above is straight rubbish. While I definitely get what you're trying to say, buying a 100K car for $7-8K is ridiculous and unnecessary.

Originally Posted by YO GetOFFmyKickZ

Originally Posted by Zyzz

Originally Posted by YO GetOFFmyKickZ

5d7151eeb6d927feeac31f41b948ec3ebaf77ab.jpg

My 2003 Jaguar S-Type R. 
pimp.gif

i <3 her.

quick notes: 

real joy to drive. great SPG (smiles per gallon 
tongue.gif
)

expensive to maintain/repair. REAL EXPENSIVE.

gas GUZZLER..

400hp. RWD.. hope you dont live in snow...

i dont like the S-type but i can appreciate the R
pimp.gif

nice ride homie
lol thanks man.. base S-Type was never even an option for me..
laugh.gif

the "R" thou.. 
devil.gif

pimp.gif

.. .. but back on topic.. alot of misinformed people in here..
30t6p3b.gif

OP.. Get what you want bro, but please, do your HW.!! thoroughly research all the vehicles your interested in, compare/contrast, and lastly determine which car is the right one for you.. If your looking at "Luxury" but obviously withing a budget, Lexus/Acura would be a wiser choice as both vehicles have proven themselves very reliable and probably wont need repairs as often.. Not that Jaguars arent reliable, theyre just known to have small annoying issues (mostly electrical) that can really drain your wallet on repairs.. most importantly, be patient. I dont know how urgent your need for a car is, but if theres no rush.. wait.!! it'll give you time to really make a informed decision plus give you more time to save up.! 

heres some advice:

- Search daily.. youll never know when you just might find a steal.. (eBay, Autotrader, Cars, Craigslist.. SEARCH SEARCH SEARCH!!

- High mileage isnt as bad as the kids in here make it to be.. a car with 100k on the dash and a clean history report showing routine maintenance > a car with 50k miles and No service records.. a car is only as good as its been taken care of.

- Search local private sellers.. theyre easier to negotiate with, plus are easier manipulated with CA$H in front of them. 
laugh.gif

- go test drive.!!! drive the car you want atleast 4x before making your decision.. 

- DONT GET THE 4.0.. its a POS, search only 2003+ S-types.. perferably the 4.2 v8.. or the supercharged "R" 
devil.gif

- DONT RUSH. a car is one of the most important purchases you could make, even if your buying used.. Take your time.. do your research.. and drive the cars.. when you find the right one.. youll just know.. 
pimp.gif
 GOODLUCK.!!
That part I put in bold above is straight rubbish. While I definitely get what you're trying to say, buying a 100K car for $7-8K is ridiculous and unnecessary.

Of course it might not apply to the Jaguar he wants, but I would agree that a properly maintained car at 100K miles is safer than a car at 80K miles that has no service records. And guess who is going to pay for the major services when the 80K miles car reaches 90-100K miles?

It is a car by car case, so don't assume $8K on a 100K miles car is an automatic no.

Of course it might not apply to the Jaguar he wants, but I would agree that a properly maintained car at 100K miles is safer than a car at 80K miles that has no service records. And guess who is going to pay for the major services when the 80K miles car reaches 90-100K miles?

It is a car by car case, so don't assume $8K on a 100K miles car is an automatic no.

Back
Top Bottom