All Things Sports Media Thread!!

Wilbon is scum :smh:  I used to rock with him and Tony when they first were getting big (they were very clever and in the know) but over time, much like most sports personalities, you could tell they had very little idea of what they were speaking about. Especially when Wilbon tries to analyze basketball. **** is painful to hear/watch

Dude really dug himself a deeper hole with this Taylor situation 

First of all, TK is one of the greatest sports writers of all time. He was already "big" in the sports media industry, as much as a local columnist can be. Second, TK doesn't even pretend to know what he's talking about. It's basically a running gag at this point. He's totally DC and NYC-centric. He grew up in New York, went to school there, got his start there, then went to Washington. He's still entertaining, and his radio show is great.

kornheiser was talking about tennis recently and sounded like an idiot. I guess it goes along with his rambling about nonsense. After years of it I don't think it's that amusing anymore.

Wilbon is scum :smh:  I used to rock with him and Tony when they first were getting big (they were very clever and in the know) but over time, much like most sports personalities, you could tell they had very little idea of what they were speaking about. Especially when Wilbon tries to analyze basketball. **** is painful to hear/watch

Dude really dug himself a deeper hole with this Taylor situation 

First of all, TK is one of the greatest sports writers of all time. He was already "big" in the sports media industry, as much as a local columnist can be. Second, TK doesn't even pretend to know what he's talking about. It's basically a running gag at this point. He's totally DC and NYC-centric. He grew up in New York, went to school there, got his start there, then went to Washington. He's still entertaining, and his radio show is great.

Agree with this 100% about the radio show.

Last edited:
kornheiser was talking about tennis recently and sounded like an idiot. I guess it goes along with his rambling about nonsense. After years of it I don't think it's that amusing anymore.

What mainstream sports media person actually does know anything about tennis, though? lol

When was the last time you heard hot tennis talk on a major platform that went beyond standard talking points?

OK? lol 

I really give zero dambs about Tony, my beef is with Wilbon 

Last edited:
Yeah I was, but that is besides the point. Tony was just collateral damage lol, it's Wilbon who is tool bag know it all. I wish he were called out more for the Taylor situation

FINALLY!!!

FYI: my podcast returns on October 1st. New name, new sponsors.

— Bill Simmons (@BillSimmons) August 24, 2015

PS: @thecousinsal has to do the first 3 weeks of "Guess the Lines" without me... Maybe just Sal guessing with Sal's imitation of my voice.

— Bill Simmons (@BillSimmons) August 24, 2015

O6LTPL2.gif

simmons is back!? yes! just in time for football. Can't believe what really happen to him with ESPN, but im glad hes out. Loved his basketball book. Cant wait for the mailbag lol.

WOOOOOOOOO :smokin Sal actually doing the first month of podcasts or he joking?

Last edited:
INTERESTING.

Bomani from 4-7 is awesome man, I really enjoy his podcast The Right Time so I hope the time alteration doesn't affect the format and content. Then Jalen and Jacoby, actually do break news in the middle of conversations, like, they say that sometimes. But as somebody who has heard every one of those podcasts for the past 10-12 months - that is true.

Back
Top Bottom