All Things Sports Media Thread!!

Because he is part of this new-age school of media heads who think the world revolves around their attention.

I know it aint like the old days anymore, and I know it's M&M in the Morning, I get it, but treat your job like a job and wear your statement shirts around the mall with your kids.

Because he is part of this new-age school of media heads who think the world revolves around their attention.

I know it aint like the old days anymore, and I know it's M&M in the Morning, I get it, but treat your job like a job and wear your statement shirts around the mall with your kids.
Fair Enough

Yup, ignore the hypocrisy in the SPORTS world and just report on SPORTS.

It's a reason why people have to do stuff like this to expose people like you.

It's a sports radio/tv show its not wall street.

ESPN doesn't have a dress code that I'm aware of, he can wear what he wants.

Last edited:
Because he is part of this new-age school of media heads who think the world revolves around their attention. .

Trust me, I thought I didn't like him but he's so great on his radio show 'The Right Time' man .... like a whole different person in terms of blowing-your-mind with points on sports and issues hovering around sports (academic scandals, athletic dept. power trips, etc.).

I'm with you, he seemed like that guy, but if you actually give him an entire segment he's pretty enlightening, and I'm someone who is extremely critical of media people because I'm with you - there's a new-age Twitter verification-thing that's caused self-involved takes to come about but that's just a part of it. Bomani's much better when he can talk exclusively to you and lay out the foundation of a story, argument and then hit you over the head with something you should've probably noticed.

Reason I **** with Bomani isn't because of sports I could careless for his takes. He's great at breaking down the real life issues that surround sports.

Same with Dan.

I mess with Bo. ESPN knew what they were getting when they gave him his show. Listen to his podcast daily. His evening jones podcast is pretty good too.

Im not mad at the shirt, i think people who dont follow sports will get mad and may not get it. All of us that follow sports get it 100%

It's funny that he wore the shirt on the whitest, most vanilla show on the network.

This Brandon Roy pod man. Saddest nba story ever for me.

Glad this guy got his money.

Last edited:
Cheers to CBS and Turner for keeping this away from ESPN

CBS Sports and Turner have locked up March Madness for the next 15 years.

The two media companies and the NCAA announced Tuesday an eight-year extension of the current multimedia rights agreement for the Division I Men’s Basketball Championship. The new contract extends the agreement through 2032 and gives both CBS and Turner the ability to air the games across any platform within their respective portfolios, including those to be created over the life of the agreement. The total rights fee for the extension is $8.8 billion, according to the partners. The groups had been engaged in a 14-year, $10.8 billion deal running through 2024. CBS Sports and Turner will continue to manage and collaborate on the NCAA’s corporate marketing program, and Turner will continue to manage March Madness Live and NCAA.com, along with major events surrounding NCAA championships, including the NCAA March Madness Fan Fest and Music Festival.

All First Four, first- and second-round games will continue to be shown across TBS, CBS, TNT and truTV with Turner and CBS splitting coverage of the regional semifinals and regional finals each year. Live coverage of the Final Four national semifinals and national championship will continue to alternate between CBS and Turner each year, with CBS broadcasting the games in 2017 and TBS televising them in 2018.

On the topic of the much-criticized CBS Selection Show, which delayed the complete brackets until 77 minutes into the show (the entire show had been just an hour in previous years), McManus said, “We haven’t had any specific discussions but I think we all agree it would serve all of us well including the fan to release the brackets in a little more timely manner.”

Recent updates via AA:

Bill Simmons announces he’ll co-host one show with Mike Francesa

Two of the biggest forces in sports media will collide sometime next month as Bill Simmons will join Mongo Nation for one day and co-host Mike Francesa’s “Mike’s On” WFAN show.

It's true – I'm co-hosting Mike Francesa's show with him for an entire day next month. 5 hours of yuuuge yuuuuge entertainment. — Bill Simmons (@BillSimmons)

There’s no word as to when that show will occur, but you can be assured that Simmons will announce it on Twitter and Francesa will do so on his radio show.

College football reporter Joe Schad will not return to ESPN

According to a report from Sports Illustrated, ESPN is parting ways with college football reporter Joe Schad.

Schad has worked for Bristol for over a decade, mostly serving as a news reporter and insider but also doing sideline reporting for ESPN Radio.

The SI report also mentions Robert Smith not being a part of ESPN’s college football coverage this fall, but Smith already announced that on his Twitter page earlier this year.

ESPN will launch The Undefeated May 17

After years of turbulent development, we finally have a launch date for ESPN’s The Undefeated: May 17. Senior vice president and editor-in-chief Kevin Merida (who was hired last October to replace initial editor-in-chief Jason Whitlock) officially announced the date Monday at a company employee forum.

Could Kobe Bryant join TNT’s Inside the NBA?

Both Ernie Smith and Shaq have publicly said they would like Kobe to join the show and according to TMZ Sports, Turner has reached out hoping that Bryant will be the newest member of Inside the NBA:

Both Kenny and Shaq have publicly talked about wanting Kobe to join the panel on the TNT show after he retired from the NBA … and now, our sources tell us the courting has officially begun.

It’s unclear if producers are trying to lock Kobe up to join the guys for the current NBA playoffs … or if they’re looking more toward getting him as a regular for next season.

As one well-placed source connected to the show put it … “We’d love to have Kobe.”

ESPN’s cast of characters back for NFL Draft

The annual NFL Draft will be held later this month in Chicago (Thursday, April 28 through Saturday, April 29) and as he has for 36 years, Chris Berman will be back leading ESPN’s coverage of the 1st round. There was a time when he hosted the entire draft, but those days are gone. The venerable Trey Wingo will host Days 2 and 3 on Friday, April 29 and Saturday, April 30 for Rounds 2-7.

Sitting with Berman for the 1st round will be draft expert mainstay Mel Kiper, Jr. who doesn’t seem to age or have a single wrinkle in his skin. Monday Night Football analyst Jon Gruden will also be on the main set with Boomer and Kiper. And joining the Day 1 set and remaining with the coverage for the entire three days in Chicago will be front office analyst Louis Riddick.

For Days 2 and 3, Wingo will be joined by Riddick, Kiper and Todd McShay.

Also on hand at Roosevelt University’s Auditorium Theatre will be Suzy Kolber to conduct player interviews and insider Adam Schefter will provide information on picks, but he won’t spoil them ahead of time.

SI.com:

NBC announced last week that Marv Albert will call U.S. Olympic men’s basketball games for the first time since the Atlanta Games in 1996. ESPN’s Doug Collins will serve as the analyst; the reporter will be Craig Sager.

That Olympic lineup. :wow: the Simmons-Francesa thing was announced by BS like 3 months ago I'd say on a pod, must've not been picked up by anyone not even Squeak Deitsch.

As much as I like marv and Collins (+the nostalgia with marv)

I'll take breen, van gundy, and Jackson any day of the week

As much as I like marv and Collins (+the nostalgia with marv)

I'll take breen, van gundy, and Jackson any day of the week

It's funny, I am opposite - I would LOVE to have the Marv/Doug combo. Something about just hearing them makes you think nostalgic I agree. I dig the Breen combo at times but for some reason I have never been able to get over the "I'm talking into a cup" sound that ESPN/ABC has had with Breen off and on since they got the NBA contract. :lol:

Reason I **** with Bomani isn't because of sports I could careless for his takes. He's great at breaking down the real life issues that surround sports.

Same with Dan.
basically how I feel

couldn't stand him at first until I peeped game on twitter/podcast

his way with words is
nthat.gif
...always funny when he his followers who can't stand him get caught up and expose themselves

plus his combat jack interview awhile back was a totally different person (I mean still the same but you saw another side). He seemed like a cool *** dude.

Back
Top Bottom