Allergy Season vol. What pills you popping?

Need more info. How do you use it as allergy medicine?
All you do is put a drop or two of it in a bowl and then add about 10 drops of water to dilute it. What I do then is simply dip my index finger in the bowl and then start rubbing the solution throroughly in my nostrils. Get in every nook and cranny and do 3-5 applications. 

Very interesting. Will have to give it a try. I try and avoid medication of any kind but apparently the Bay Area is one of the worst regions in the world for airborne allergens and every spring is brutal for me. 

I was talking to my mom last weekend and she was saying how her doctor just told her to get off clarendon because long term its really bad for your blood pressure. I'm sitting there like 
grin.gif
 thinking about the doctor because he only told her this because she's older and has high blood pressure. Hell he probably recommended it years ago in the first place. 

Very interesting. Will have to give it a try. I try and avoid medication of any kind but apparently the Bay Area is one of the worst regions in the world for airborne allergens and every spring is brutal for me. 

I was talking to my mom last weekend and she was saying how her doctor just told her to get off clarendon because long term its really bad for your blood pressure. I'm sitting there like >D  thinking about the doctor because he only told her this because she's older and has high blood pressure. Hell he probably recommended it years ago in the first place. 

Do you know why the doctor said claritin specifically? I would think all allergy medications are the same essentially.

I will try that Lavendar oil tip. How long does it usually last you? eracism eracism

If he did say Claritin specifically it was probably just because that's what she takes. I'm with you I'd imagine any allergy medicine that acts the same as Claritin would have the same or similar negative affects. 

Allergies killed me couple weeks ago... first time I used Zyrtec, now it's the only thing I use.

Zyrtec >>>>

^Haven't tried flonase. Will give that a shot.
Using a generic version right now but isn't working. Zyrtec seems to be the only one that does the trick.
Which brand of "generic" Zyrtec are you using? I've used Zyrtec and Costco's Kirkland brand and it's the best for my allergies.

Do you know why the doctor said claritin specifically? I would think all allergy medications are the same essentially.

I will try that Lavendar oil tip. How long does it usually last you? eracism eracism

If he did say Claritin specifically it was probably just because that's what she takes. I'm with you I'd imagine any allergy medicine that acts the same as Claritin would have the same or similar negative affects. 

I think its more so for Claritin D? Because Claritin D contains decongestants, and those can definitely raise blood pressure.

Allergy medications is real hit or miss.

Sometimes the brand works, sometimes it doesn't.

I'm taking some generic ones from Costco right now though.

BRUH...

:x

Monday and last night I had the worst allergies I've ever had. I've always had them pretty bad, but last night my eyes got swollen, had that itchy mouth thing and snot was pouring out of my nose.

Popped some Benadryl and ko'd for the night.

I can't **** with Claratin because it's like speed to me and I don't like feeling like that.

^Yikes, I know the feeling.
laugh.gif

Again, it really depends on how your body reacts to the allergy meds. Some brands work best than others.

If allergies are really that bad, I suggest setting up a doctor's appt. to see if they can perscribe something stronger for you?

Been out of mn for a bit but I'm sure I'll get slapped in the face with allergies since I'm back. I take Claritin.

zyrtec every night.... it makes me sleep asap and hopefully it works... ive been drinking it way before spring started so i cant tell if it actually works besides making me sleepy... my allergies only go hard in the spring but besides that im good throughout the year

Flonase is OTC now....

I had a prescription to it before this year....works wonders.

I've tried claritin and zyrtec and don't get drowsy at all. Wondering how you guys are knocking out after taking a pill :lol:

Going to try that honey method as well as flonase.

I had an allergic reaction to something while interning at the hospital so I was given something for the crazy itches I was getting.
The nurses said they only had a very strong antihistamine available to give me, pretty sure it was Zyrtec.
30 minutes later I had to take the rest of the day off because I was extremely drowzy and could barely walk in a straight line.
Never taking that stuff again :lol:

I'm not sure what I'm allergic to though. I had a scratch test and was told I'm severely allergic but they can't pinpoint exactly to what.
My breathing capacity dropped to 7% when the pulmonologist tried a general collection of allergens at the end of the test.
I responded to every allergen on the scratch test but in my daily life I don't experience any symptoms of allergy nor do I take any antihistamines.
Other than that one time at the hospital I've never had an allergic reaction.
Should I get re-tested? It's been a few years and since then I've had half of my right lung removed in surrgery due to an unrelated medical condition.
My general breathing capacity is 50-60% now so if I do get an allergic attack my chances of suffocation are significantly increased.

Last edited:
I had an allergic reaction to something while interning at the hospital so I was given something for the crazy itches I was getting.
The nurses said they only had a very strong antihistamine available to give me, pretty sure it was Zyrtec.
30 minutes later I had to take the rest of the day off because I was extremely drowzy and could barely walk in a straight line.
Never taking that stuff again :lol:

I'm not sure what I'm allergic to though. I had a scratch test and was told I'm severely allergic but they can't pinpoint exactly to what.
My breathing capacity dropped to 7% when the pulmonologist tried a general collection of allergens at the end of the test.
I responded to every allergen on the scratch test but in my daily life I don't experience any symptoms of allergy nor do I take any antihistamines.
Other than that one time at the hospital I've never had an allergic reaction.
Should I get re-tested? It's been a few years and since then I've had half of my right lung removed in surrgery due to an unrelated medical condition.
My general breathing capacity is 50-60% now so if I do get an allergic attack my chances of suffocation are significantly increased.

Dude, i did an allergy test (blood was drawn) and found out i was allergic to EVERYTHING...but mainly foods, yet never had any reall sypmtoms.

Growing up, i knew i was allergic to fish/seafood. Took the test, said i was allergic to corn, wheat, cats, egg whites, peanuts, soy beans, milk. All S!!! i have eaten EVERYday.

I say get tested. Istill eat all the above stuff (stupid)

Back
Top Bottom