Amazon Prime: "Vikings" S6 *The Final 10 Episodes*...Premieres on Wednesday, December 30, 2020...

They definitely did a horrible job if Ragnar was supposed to feel jealousy towards his sons potentially outshining him. Dude has fourished like no other viking has. His beta looking sons would have to accomplish a lot to get near his shine.

For the record, I know Ragnar isn't a real person. The one on the show has somehood stuff on his resumé.

Last edited:
It was just 2 defeats and the 2nd one wasn't anywhere near as bad as the first.

Its been more than just 2 defeats. This is their second time to Paris after getting absolutely demolished their first time around.
What are you talking about?

The 1st time they went to Paris they got all the way to city gates after being repelled trying to climb over the city walls. Ragnar faked his death to get inside (after they brokered a deal where they were paid to leave) and then he opened the doors for the Vikings to raid the entire place. They waited some years, another group of Vikings joined them and they got repelled by the boats until Ragnar's genius plan to move the boats on land where they lost another battle and retreated from trying to get in another way by boat.

Even if you added them altogether that's only 3 defeats in 4 attempts shown of trying to get in the city.

At what point did they get absolutely demolished? Maybe you can say Rollo's plan with the chains that capsized the ships but every other battle The French lost a bunch of soldiers as well in battle.

Last edited:
To be honest, I think the Vikings feed off Ragnar's vision, enthusiasm and plans when they raid. How many times have they washed fools just because he was there? Ragnar sets the tone and when his heart wasn't in the game plus the losses they took explains why they left. Ragnar was a dope fiend that really didn't care about raiding anymore. Killing Rollo should've been enough motivation to try again but I think Ragnar probably didn't want to go back again and combined with the losses they took (although not entirely devastating) I don't blame them.

I mentioned awhile back Ragnar's greatest fear is that his sons would go on to become greater/more famous vikings than him which actually does happen later after his death.  If you understand Viking Culture you'd know that for Vikings becoming famous was the #1 thing.  Rollo ends up doing greater things than Ragnar as well as he becomes King Robert of Normandy, basically the founder of the Normans.  Ragnar is going to die in 2nd half of season 4 and we'll get to see more of Rollo's story most likely as well as his sons.  Ivar actually becomes the most feared warrior of them all as a berserker

And yet not at any point in the first 10 eps is Ragnar shown that his greatest fear is his sons being more famous than him.

Dude comes off more worried that he won't see Athlestan in Heaven when he dies.

Also where are you getting they'll definitely kill Ragnar in the 2nd half of this season?

Hirst explained that "Vikings" has always been a story about Ragnar and his sons, pointing out that the time jump was definitely necessary to move the series forward. He, however, revealed that it is not the end for Ragnar. Hirst said that viewers can expect to see more of him when "Vikings" season 4 returns.

Read more: http://en.yibada.com/articles/11842...agnar-returns-episode-11-ep.htm#ixzz46s2VCYbj

Last edited:
If that was supposed to be a major theme then they failed real bad by not showing it at all.

In the show I do believe he asked the Seer if his sons would become more famous than him.  I mean it's just the way Viking Culture was, every viking aspired to be the most famous #1 of all time.  Everyone wanted to be MJ of raiding pretty much.  There was nothing greater to aspire for than that for everyone.

Last edited:
Gotta say in all 4 seasons Ragnar seemed like that. He was a humble farmer that could fight that got screwed over by his Earl, forced to kill him, ended up the Earl, and took on those duties.

Every time he was on his existential **** by himself or with Athlestan he seemed to just be happy with exploring the world and finding new places and ****. Slowly but surely he lost the things that meant something to him; Lagertha, Athlestan and lost that motivation. These past 10 eps the only thing that kept him going was drugs and revenge on Rollo.

He ran out of drugs and lost to Rollo.

Maybe in these next 10 eps with the way he greeted his sons in this past ep we'll see more of his jealousy towards them. To me there's still a way to go cuz his sons are like teens and I'm pretty sure they don't get their fame and reps until they're in their 20s with Bjorn already having his currently.

I peeped the BBC show The Last Kingdom some time last year and that has Ragnar's sons all grown up in it raiding what will become an united England. Don't think Bjorn or the crippled son Sigurd was in it though but Ubba is in it and I think somebody plays Ragnar in it too.

Gotta say in all 4 seasons Ragnar seemed like that. He was a humble farmer that could fight that got screwed over by his Earl, forced to kill him, ended up the Earl, and took on those duties.

Every time he was on his existential **** by himself or with Athlestan he seemed to just be happy with exploring the world and finding new places and ****. Slowly but surely he lost the things that meant something to him; Lagertha, Athlestan and lost that motivation. These past 10 eps the only thing that kept him going was drugs and revenge on Rollo.

He ran out of drugs and lost to Rollo.

Maybe in these next 10 eps with the way he greeted his sons in this past ep we'll see more of his jealousy towards them. To me there's still a way to go cuz his sons are like teens and I'm pretty sure they don't get their fame and reps until they're in their 20s with Bjorn already having his currently.

I peeped the BBC show The Last Kingdom some time last year and that has Ragnar's sons all grown up in it raiding what will become an united England. Don't think Bjorn or the crippled son Sigurd was in it though but Ubba is in it and I think somebody plays Ragnar in it too.

TLK is really good but the first season was just 6 eps iirc so nah I wouldn't say it was better than say the first season of Vikings.

It is really good though and S2 is gonna start up later this year with a full 10 eps so it'll be a great hold over until Vikings come back.

It follows Uthred Ragnarson/Uthred of Eddinberg. Ragnar's crew raids what will become England, kills the leader of some territory and takes the guy's son and adopts him. It's like the inverse of what's going with Magnus being the son of Ragnar but raised by Englishmen. After a time skip Uthred is looking to reclaim his title and land of Northumbria. He ends up teaming up/serving King Alfred and his quest to unite all of England.

It's a pretty cool take and is well written. Fight scenes when it comes to all out battle are on par with Vikings. The Uthred in this story though is mostly fictional while taking some liberties from two real life Uthreds from the 10th and 11th centuries.

Last edited:
btw for those of you that watch the show, Lagertha or Aslaug which would you guys pick?

What are you talking about?

The 1st time they went to Paris they got all the way to city gates after being repelled trying to climb over the city walls. Ragnar faked his death to get inside (after they brokered a deal where they were paid to leave) and then he opened the doors for the Vikings to raid the entire place. They waited some years, another group of Vikings joined them and they got repelled by the boats until Ragnar's genius plan to move the boats on land where they lost another battle and retreated from trying to get in another way by boat.

Even if you added them altogether that's only 3 defeats in 4 attempts shown of trying to get in the city.

At what point did they get absolutely demolished? Maybe you can say Rollo's plan with the chains that capsized the ships but every other battle The French lost a bunch of soldiers as well in battle.

Bruh, Ragnar nearly died the first time he went to Paris. So did Bjorn. Did you already forget? Floki stood there looking like...

View media item 2007987

While it all went down.

They got badly washed. They have yet to have successfully sack Paris.

The French have been thoroughly rinsing, washing and hanging the Vikings throughout their meetings. Sure Ragnar got inside and took Gisla hostage and they got paid off but they didn't WIN a singular battle.

Last edited:
They were fine the first time around. A few wounds and scrapes. I didn't forget.

Ragnar outsmarted them. That's better than beating them in a battle. The whole point was to sack the city which they did.

I mean not only did they take the money with the agreed upon deal so that they'd leave but then they got in and took even more.

I'm just saying to me they gave up to easy. Ragnar aside cuz his heart wasn't really in it other than some Rollo revenge, it's like the rest were too dumb to think of a better attack plan after the first real battle where they actually got to fight the French.

They were fine the first time around. A few wounds and scrapes. I didn't forget.

Ragnar outsmarted them. That's better than beating them in a battle. The whole point was to sack the city which they did.

I mean not only did they take the money with the agreed upon deal so that they'd leave but then they got in and took even more.

I'm just saying to me they gave up to easy. Ragnar aside cuz his heart wasn't really in it other than some Rollo revenge, it's like the rest were too dumb to think of a better attack plan after the first real battle where they actually got to fight the French.

They could've perhaps healed up and gave it another go but their spirits were broken. They're not used to getting outmuscled like that. Times they've lost its usually because they're technologically behind their opponents (like the first time they went up against crossbows).

IDK like I said it feels to me like the writers are starting to wind down the show. The time jump, the 20 episode season...Wanted Ragnar to wash Harbard.

Lot of loose ends to tie up. Feel like Ragnar's demise is coming.

Oh yeah, it's clear the show is looking like maybe it'll get one more season and end.

Unless they think they can do this show revolving around Ragnar's sons.

Last edited:
Oh yeah, it's clear the show is looking like maybe it'll get one more season and end.

Well they are already advertising a new viking series, so this shows ending is near.

Well they are already advertising a new viking series, so this shows ending is near.
Really? On the History Channel? I aint see no commercials yet.

What I have been seeing is constant promo for this remake of Roots I assume they feel will be a big hit and take the spot of what Vikings currently fills after it ends.

I'd be down for another show about Vikings. The Last Kingdom only other show left atm.

All i see for History channel's upcoming slate are knightfall (about knight templars) and seal team six.

Really? On the History Channel? I aint see no commercials yet.

What I have been seeing is constant promo for this remake of Roots I assume they feel will be a big hit and take the spot of what Vikings currently fills after it ends.

I'd be down for another show about Vikings. The Last Kingdom only other show left atm.
I dvred the last episode. One of the commericials earlier in the show shows a new viking show coming soon. Apparently its suppose to be about viking tribes during the roman empire. Probably will be about the goths and such.

Back
Top Bottom