AND 1 - Discussion / New Releases [ 2007 Samples pg.17 ]

ugly as hell n how come theres a freaaking taratula on dat thang?
Tell Me Whats Up
Wu-Tang Throw Up a WYaDaDai?

those samples are pretty cool, they remind me of those blown air floats they have at car dealerships.

btw, anyone know where i can still get a pair of Mystiques in a 9.5 or a 10?

Hey,

These Onslaughts were a special limited release at the opening of Sole Bar last night...

:wow:
eek.gif

bolong, good looks on that information..

For the Canadians their warehouse also has a little outlet. I'm not sure if they distribute outle worhty stuff or current season stuff, but right at their warehouse is a little retail front. It's in the Heartland area.

and those franchise are ill.
formerly shoeWUfreak

Butta -- You like those huh? Good...I was REAL pleased with what Jerome @ And1 and I came up with. :wink:
wink.gif
DON'T PUT UP NO BRICK
The B.O.P.​

Will the Thrill Hoyle: Definitely love the color blocking, and indeed, the toe cap is butter (I love the 7-7-7 on the medial side too!). I figured you had something to do with these... :lol:
laugh.gif

Thanks for keeping a look out on these for me...

saw this AND1 ad IN SLAM magazine...the cornering mid wht/blk/red and all black are very aggressive hot colorways!
f_20070711m_449e1b9.jpg

I need my original And 1 Marburys from '97ish. Anyone remember what it said on the tag? Something about breaking some poor mug's ankles. I wish they retroed those.
"What doesn't kill you, only makes you more baller."

That Sole shoe was dope... Glad I got my pair. What I liked about them was that the shoe flowed very well. Some of the shoes on page 17 horrified me because the embroidery felt like it was tacked on, rather than following the flow of the shoe. Was the speaker at the event Jermaine? Then I commend him and B1lly for making an affordable exclusive.

Hey,

There's some new stuff up on zappos:

Stealth Black Cornering Mids--Definitely a cool looking shoe, but I think I'll wait for the black/red/white colorway:

The Game Time Mid: A bit plain for my tastes. Traction pattern is absolutely vicious though.

Boulevard: I really think these would look awesome with jeans. There's two other colorways up at Zappos, but I like these the best by far.

In regards to the Onslaught Mid:

(B1lly's pic.)

I really cannot tell whether the traction pattern is translucent or not. I say this because I've worn a shoe that has the exact same outsole pattern (with a clear sole) and have had problems with lateral slippage on indoor courts--Datz, I know how you are about traction.

While traction may possibly be iffy, there are several positives with the Onslaught. The full-length Pebax plate offers awesome stability (Pebax is a highly flexible plastic implment that offers flexibility, yet awesome stability. Couple that with the L2G heel gel, and you've got awesome stability and comfort as far as the heel goes.

Secondly, the segmented outsole offers stellar court feel. I attribute this to the fact that with most basketball sneakers, you have essentially two points of contact at the most. Your heel and forefoot are typically split, allowing for two points of contact during any lateral, running movement. But, with the Onslaughts and several other upcoming And1's, the shoe is segmented into three parts:the toe, midfoot, heel. This allows for three intrinsic points of contact during any time, making the Onslaught significantly lower than many other shoes. The segmented toe also allows for maximum flexibility, and prodigious movement up front.

Peace.

Q: I really cannot tell whether the traction pattern is translucent or not?

A: The rubber on the outsole is translucent. In wear testing there were no major issues with traction on this version, as opposed to the previous traction pattern.

^ I noticed they took the cover off of the laces on those...
Definition for ARFF- A blocked shot or rejection.
Arffinater- One who arffs a lot.

bout the same. They took the lace cover off and the aggressive outsole flare. In fact those were the first shoes, as far as i remember anyways, to have the flared outsole to help prevent in ankle inversions. problem is, it was too flared and flared on both sides so if you came like halfway (45deg) to rolling your ankle, it would force it to roll over harder. Plus that made them dumb clunky. We were doing lateral slide drills in practice and the entire outsole literally ripped off.

Since then though, Nike, Adidas, And 1 and everyone have generally perfected the science behind having the lateral outrigger and realizing you don't have to flare the entire outsole

arff23, I had a pair without the lace covers on the 1st go round. seemed like some had lace covers, some didnt.
"i will slap someone if i ever see anyone wear them and try to stunt wit them" -masterani3

Back
Top Bottom