and we're done

Against BOS he made defensive adjustment and assignments, also made Felton the primary ball handler. All of which worked, when the ball is taken out of Felton's hands the team just stands around. With the ball in Felton's hand people always end up open, it's just the matter of knocking them down.

Indy is collapsing the paint on the PnR, and people are open on the wings. I hate the fact if Melo is bringing the ball up, nobody comes and sets picks or even moves. I'd like to see Felton and Prigs attack the basket and force the refs to make calls and hit the open man with the drive and dish.

Tuesday is a must-win. You can't go into Indiana 0-2 and come out winning this series.

- If this is the Tyson we get the rest of the way, we might be done. Totally outclassed by Hibbert, didn't rebound..just a total non-factor.

- I don't expect Augustin to make 4 3's again or for Lance to be that good, but we just played ourselves into a long series even if we play really well. Pacers are pretty damn solid and take away the 3pt line from us.

- Seems like every time you want to write off Jason Kidd he doesn't die - but dirt is being buried on him now at least. No reason to cut into Pablo's minutes for him right now.

- Everyone has to step up, even watching today I'd include Felton. Somebody has to get us into offense earlier - and while his scoring is nice, it'll never be enough. Indy, like Boston, more than often than is going to stay home on shooters and live with him scoring. I'd still like to run more pick and roll and things can still open up off of it - but get it up the floor in a hurry and get Roy moving around.

- Amar'e is probably still a net-negative given his defense and rebounding but somebody has got to get a little middle game going and finish at the rim - he's ideally the guy. Pacers take away 3's and Roy is pretty much a wall at the rim. Somebody needs to open up things in the 10-15 ft range, that's what the Pacers are willing to surrender.

- Melo's gotta play like a superstar now. Set the tone Tuesday - if he has another 9-24, 10-28 etc game - we might be screwed. Time to put an efficient 35 on the board and let everyone else feed off of it. The tougher things get - Woodson is just going to lean on him more. Fair or not. (also giving up hope on Woodson getting this team to run.)

- This is petty and Maybe I'm crazy, but the MSG crowd does no favors for this team. It just comes across as being enabling in regards to the refs. Anyone surprised we have the whiniest bunch in the league when 'These refs suck!' chants break out every quarter?

Last edited:
Regardless of the coaching, I don't understand how as a PG in the NBA you don't realize yourself to push the ball. We get into our sets with like 14-15 sec. on the shot clock. As soon as the ball gets into Felton's hands Melo and Shump should be running "go routes". We werent prepared for tonight.

One thing I will say about the fans is that I'm happy they didn't wear those stupid orange shirts, we don't need to be like Heat fans, GS fans, or OKC fans. FOOH.

After the crowd was chanting about the refs sucking, we got a bunch of calls to start the 4th quarter. So I don't see how it can hurt more than help.

Dod you see that travel they didn't even want to call!? That literally was the fans screaming and getting it

Refs are human. It effects them. It's on the coach to make them not Whiney. And honestly. I've never seen woody really lobby and work the refs. And every single great coach does to my knowledge.

Last edited:
Tyson Chandler can go **** himself. Most overrated center in the league.

JR can go **** himself. He's not worth anything more than 2.5 mill.

Felton > Any current knick

Whoa! Easy there....

Some of y'all are getting way too emotional and overreacting over one loss. The series is far from over.

Tuesday is a must-win. You can't go into Indiana 0-2 and come out winning this series.

- If this is the Tyson we get the rest of the way, we might be done. Totally outclassed by Hibbert, didn't rebound..just a total non-factor.

- I don't expect Augustin to make 4 3's again or for Lance to be that good, but we just played ourselves into a long series even if we play really well. Pacers are pretty damn solid and take away the 3pt line from us.

- Seems like every time you want to write off Jason Kidd he doesn't die - but dirt is being buried on him now at least. No reason to cut into Pablo's minutes for him right now.

- Everyone has to step up, even watching today I'd include Felton. Somebody has to get us into offense earlier - and while his scoring is nice, it'll never be enough. Indy, like Boston, more than often than is going to stay home on shooters and live with him scoring. I'd still like to run more pick and roll and things can still open up off of it - but get it up the floor in a hurry and get Roy moving around.

- Amar'e is probably still a net-negative given his defense and rebounding but somebody has got to get a little middle game going and finish at the rim - he's ideally the guy. Pacers take away 3's and Roy is pretty much a wall at the rim. Somebody needs to open up things in the 10-15 ft range, that's what the Pacers are willing to surrender.

- Melo's gotta play like a superstar now. Set the tone Tuesday - if he has another 9-24, 10-28 etc game - we might be screwed. Time to put an efficient 35 on the board and let everyone else feed off of it. The tougher things get - Woodson is just going to lean on him more. Fair or not. (also giving up hope on Woodson getting this team to run.)

- This is petty and Maybe I'm crazy, but the MSG crowd does no favors for this team. It just comes across as being enabling in regards to the refs. Anyone surprised we have the whiniest bunch in the league when 'These refs suck!' chants break out every quarter?

I agree with all your points. Very rational and logical. Regarding the refs suck chant though....every teams fans do that now when the calls aren't going there way. i agree the fans can affect the refs too because they are human. However, I care more about how my team is reacting on the floor and I do think that falls on Woody to get them to cut that nonsense out.

Ef the refs. Melo gets facepalmed going up for a dunk and nothing happens. He was getting hit like a pin ball all game

that would have been a FLAGRANT for most "stars" :rofl: didn't even get a foul. AT HOMEEEEE

can you imagine how frustrating that is? i know the team shouldn't complain, but I understand why they do. maybe the conspiracy talk is too much but they seem to get the short end of the stick over and over :lol:

Last edited:
Tyson Chandler can go **** himself. Most overrated center in the league.

JR can go **** himself. He's not worth anything more than 2.5 mill.

Felton > Any current knick

Whoa! Easy there....

Some of y'all are getting way too emotional and overreacting over one loss. The series is far from over.

just whats been building up from last series. I dont see how I'm wrong though. If we want any shot at this, those 2 need to be in top form. So far they suck.

Just seem that on the gram, Melo gets NO love from the officials what so ever :smh:

That's why when the team complains about fouls I don't usually trip cause it has to be very frustrating not to get calls especially on your home floor :smh:

With the physical way Indiana plays, I foresee some ejections happening in this series :smh:

Just hoping the Knicks play through it & can keep their composer intact throughout this series |I

LAWD bear with me :smh: |I

Defense will be better. They wont hit some of those shots game 2.

But our offense is in srs trouble. Been like this since game 4 of the last series. Indiana has more length than Boston and isnt going to give up offensive rebounds. Gotta find a way to increase the amt of possesions.

Knicks need to find a way to get some calls when they drive into the paint. No way Melo gets only 6FTA only 6 after being ruffed up the whole game.  Knicks were aggressive getting into the paint but didnt get calls. Knicks should have taken atleast 30FTA instead of only 23. Pablo should be more aggressive when open. He turned down some open looks like he usually does. Shumpert has to be aggressive on the fast break. He had a great chance to be fouled on that fast break but pulled up to hit JR on the 3PT line. If he misses a layup he misses a layup no biggie. Knicks need to limit the opposing scrub production and they'll be fine. And someone please grab some boards. No way Augustine shoots lights out the whole series. Melo n JR finally found their groove a little bit in the 4th hopefully that transfers into game 2.

teams knicks gettin frustrated. i feel it too

pacers are killing us on the boards, but i think this game could have been winnable if coach woodson made adjustments and not kept certain players on the bench for extended minutes and certain dudes got their usual points. melo has been scoring, but not playing team ball so much lately. that to me is the biggest factor

next game will be decisive in letting us know which way this team is headed

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom