and we're done

We can play small and win. We just can't be both small and play slow.

Miami going small vs Indiana opened up that series last year - but they also pushed the ball and had ability to get easy baskets.

I'm not in favor of starting Kenyon and displacing Melo from the 4 and two PG's that has worked so well (..wait for the iso-ball then), but if we're intent on playing in the half-court -we might have to.

I just don't like the idea of adjusting TO Indiana, make them adjust to us.

Agree the Knicks have to stay true to what their game is. We just have to play our game and hope we exploit this team on the perimeter with our shooting and speed. They can get the Pacers bigs in foul trouble.

Last edited:
so there's a chance stat could play on saturday according to al iannazzone on twitter

not sure how i feel about this, but it can't hurt that much, right?

saturday is long time away

A chair world play well against STATue aka MRI Stoudemire (I stole the second one from Robin Lundberg).

Last edited:
Listen, guys. There are a couple of ways to beat the Pacers and we didn't do any of them yesterday.

1. Move the ball and run up and down the court. The Pacers are a slow down time and doesn't want to run. Outside of George and Hill, they don't have anyone else on that roster that wants to run. If we can run and maximize the possessions, we can win the series.

2. We need to continue going into the paint. I don't care what anyone says. The second you get the Pacers' bigs in foul trouble, they basically are no longer an effective team. The Pacers know that and the entire NBA knows thats as well. The reason why the let Hibbert get away with beating up on us yesterday is because dude is 7'2" and if you call a foul on him every time, he'll foul out by the 3rd. We need to continue being aggressive and eventually the ref's will have to make those calls.

3. The Pacers absolutely cannot score the basketball. I believe they averaged the worst points for this season. This is also kind of why they prefer the grind it out type of slow game. They want to minimize possessions so the other team won't have chances to out score them. Felton needs to have the ball more and create off more Pick and Rolls situations. If Chandler can somehow draw Hibbert out of the paint--Indiana's defense significantly deteriorates.

4) One way to maximize possessions is to run more, but I think if we spread the floor out and move the ball, Indiana watch us kill them with ball movement. They aren't a strong perimeter defending team like the Heat or Bulls. They prefer ISO ball and not moving around. You move the ball around and spread the floor, the Pacers get knocked out.

Mike Woodson has a lot of adjustments to make going forward. Game 2 will really show us what kind of coach he really is. This is really what everyone was concerned about with him to begin with. It's great for him when the team plays well, but when the going gets tough and adjustments needs to be made, the general belief is that he's clueless.

I have faith in the Knicks and believe we'll come back strong game 2. No way we can go into game 3 in Indiana down 0-2.

If the Knicks made their open shots they would've been fine, we just need JR and Melo to get out of their funk. Pacers only ran away with the game when Melo had to sit because of foul trouble and the Knicks played desperate in the 4th.

Read that the Pacers haven't scored over 100 points on the road since December...all you need to know about the defensive effort yesterday.

we got not shot in this series if Amare doesn't come back... when we drive to the rack and meet up with Hibbert, we need a big that we can give a low bounce pass to that can finish (Tyson can only do the lob) :x

You can't over-react unless a team is down 3-0....in a 7 game series momentum shifts quickly.

good article but nothing that hasn't really been noticed. Knicks need to make the Indiana bigs pay by staying small and using their quickness to get open looks from 3. It would be a mistake for the Knicks to go big now...that's not what got them to this point. Stop walking up the court and push the tempo, can't play right into Indy's preferred style of play.

Last edited:
good article but nothing that hasn't really been noticed. Knicks need to make the Indiana bigs pay by staying small and using their quickness to get open looks from 3. It would be a mistake for the Knicks to go big now...that's not what got them to this point. Stop walking up the court and push the tempo, can't play right into Indy's preferred style of play.
Immediately after watching game one I thought for sure the Knicks needed to go big and move Melo to the 3, but after that article and listening to a ton of opinions on it I agree. Playing big would play right into the Pacers' hands by playing at a slowed down pace and not spreading the floor and forcing Indiana'a bigs to move out of the paint.

This is a series where we could use Novak out there on the offensive end.

Still don't like Melo guarding West all game, though. I'd rather have him playing defense out on the perimeter.

Last edited:

Well said Mez.

I mean lets not forget. Our biggest problem was defense. It wasn't consistent and looked pathetic.

In the second half, we started crying after every foul (even though there were some terrible calls)

Hibbert should have been fouled out by the third quarter.

Indiana had all kinds of open shots and then we just started playing with our heads down. JR FINALLY started driving to the hole in the fourth, which he should have been doing all damn game.

Last point, Kenyon SHOULD NEVER take a jumper unless the shot clock is out. He can't shoot and he took a few yesterday that were crucial to our run

Last edited:
the thing that bothers me most about this team is the fact we still ***** about no calls. guys, it's been 2 years since the refs lost respect for yous, you're not getting every call you should, man the **** up and turn them over on the other end when **** doesn't go your way.

inserts picture of melo/tyson whining

the thing that bothers me most about this team is the fact we still ***** about no calls. guys, it's been 2 years since the refs lost respect for yous, you're not getting every call you should, man the **** up and turn them over on the other end when **** doesn't go your way.

inserts picture of melo/tyson whining

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom