Anfernee Hardaway or Tracy McGrady Vol. #1 in Orlando

Originally Posted by JD617

After Shaq left Orlando, Penny won one more playoff series the rest of his career

That's still more than anything TMac has won
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by nicedudewithnicedreams

Originally Posted by anotherprodigy

I agree that Penny was either the team you build around or a pivotal piece in a championship team. He couldve gotten a title with Yao. Mcgrady could not get out of the 1st round. Dont misconstrue this as me bashing Mcgrady. People in my neighborhood stopped listening to me when I said he was a better prospect than VC back in their TO days. The problem was he had all-around skills but seemed to always exert himself one-dimensionally when he was the star of a team.
laugh.gif
Penny couldn't even get a title with Shaq. 

The 1st round was a breeze though.

Sidenote-Nobody in my school's gym knew who Tyreke Evans is...not even dudes on the Men's team. Is this common? Do people even follow basketball anymore or just play it.

I agree that Penny was either the team you build around or a pivotal piece in a championship team. He couldve gotten a title with Yao. Mcgrady could not get out of the 1st round. Dont misconstrue this as me bashing Mcgrady. People in my neighborhood stopped listening to me when I said he was a better prospect than VC back in their TO days. The problem was he had all-around skills but seemed to always exert himself one-dimensionally when he was the star of a team.
laugh.gif

Sidenote-Nobody in my school's gym knew who Tyreke Evans is...not even dudes on the Men's team. Is this common? Do people even follow basketball anymore or just play it.

laugh.gif

I'm not sure where you live but thats funny and sad at the sametime.  They should at least know players from 2k
laugh.gif

laugh.gif

I'm not sure where you live but thats funny and sad at the sametime.  They should at least know players from 2k
laugh.gif

Rose is MVP

Oh.  Glad you agree. 
embarassed.gif

But anyway, I just don't get the infatuation with TMac.  Not talking to just you, just anyone who liked him. 

The man was so lazy off the court.  His nickname, for crying out loud, was sleepy!  Sleepy!  He never stayed awake during film sessions.  No one remembers that?

Also, about actual practice - he'd fully admitted "practice wasn't his thing."  Furthermore, in offseasons, he admits to hardly ever touching the ball (I really wish I could find this article for you guys, I've been trying).

If Kobe was "fire," then TMac was just water - not the tsunami kind, the small tranquil kind that made up some obscure Lake that your lazy cousin swims at.   

Even in his prime, before the injuries, when TMac was pulling 30 ppg off his *** - I fully believe that he was incapable of taking you the finals even with a championship contending supporting cast for this very reason. 

It is impossible to have such a lazy player as your best player on a championship contending team. 

Just imagine a hospital staff.  As a nurse, or a doctor - how hard would you be motivated to work if your immediate supervisor didn't care?  Exactly. 

Rose is MVP

Oh.  Glad you agree. 
embarassed.gif

But anyway, I just don't get the infatuation with TMac.  Not talking to just you, just anyone who liked him. 

The man was so lazy off the court.  His nickname, for crying out loud, was sleepy!  Sleepy!  He never stayed awake during film sessions.  No one remembers that?

Also, about actual practice - he'd fully admitted "practice wasn't his thing."  Furthermore, in offseasons, he admits to hardly ever touching the ball (I really wish I could find this article for you guys, I've been trying).

If Kobe was "fire," then TMac was just water - not the tsunami kind, the small tranquil kind that made up some obscure Lake that your lazy cousin swims at.   

Even in his prime, before the injuries, when TMac was pulling 30 ppg off his *** - I fully believe that he was incapable of taking you the finals even with a championship contending supporting cast for this very reason. 

It is impossible to have such a lazy player as your best player on a championship contending team. 

Just imagine a hospital staff.  As a nurse, or a doctor - how hard would you be motivated to work if your immediate supervisor didn't care?  Exactly. 

Originally Posted by amel223

Rose is MVP
Oh.  Glad you agree. 
embarassed.gif

THIS

Rose is MVP
Oh.  Glad you agree. 
embarassed.gif

THIS

Originally Posted by bob4rmmarketing

Oh.  Glad you agree. 
embarassed.gif

THIS I think Penny is the leader of the Magic after Shaq left even though he never played a full season to lead anything. 
laugh.gif
Easy to make an assumption about the past after you get all the info about dude a decade later. T-Mac got it done on the court when he was healthy and no one criticized him about his "laziness" back then. Everyone should just be Kobe fans if all that "fire" %@% off the court was the determining factor. I don't need to see T-Mac practice jumpers after a loss to know he works on his game now that his legs are gone. The fact that he can still contribute on the Pistons is proving the haters like you wrong and that he does work on his game to adjust.

Oh.  Glad you agree. 
embarassed.gif

THIS I think Penny is the leader of the Magic after Shaq left even though he never played a full season to lead anything. 
laugh.gif
Easy to make an assumption about the past after you get all the info about dude a decade later. T-Mac got it done on the court when he was healthy and no one criticized him about his "laziness" back then. Everyone should just be Kobe fans if all that "fire" %@% off the court was the determining factor. I don't need to see T-Mac practice jumpers after a loss to know he works on his game now that his legs are gone. The fact that he can still contribute on the Pistons is proving the haters like you wrong and that he does work on his game to adjust.

Oh.  Glad you agree. 
embarassed.gif

laugh.gif

What did he get done?? When he was healthy, he thought his talent was enough to get him through. Wrong. He starts at point guard for a non-contender in the East that won't make the playoffs. He works on his game NOW because of his past injuries or else he isn't playing. Where was all this dedication when he was healthy? He's never had a decent work ethic. He's doing just what he was doing while he was on the Rockets, Magic and Raptors. Losing. I'm a T-Mac fan so this isn't hate but people should stop Stan-ing for him like he's accomplished that many things in his career besides a few scoring titles.

Oh.  Glad you agree. 
embarassed.gif

laugh.gif

What did he get done?? When he was healthy, he thought his talent was enough to get him through. Wrong. He starts at point guard for a non-contender in the East that won't make the playoffs. He works on his game NOW because of his past injuries or else he isn't playing. Where was all this dedication when he was healthy? He's never had a decent work ethic. He's doing just what he was doing while he was on the Rockets, Magic and Raptors. Losing. I'm a T-Mac fan so this isn't hate but people should stop Stan-ing for him like he's accomplished that many things in his career besides a few scoring titles.

Rose is MVP
Oh.  Glad you agree. 
embarassed.gif

None of this matters because we are speaking of his on court production. While on the court, he left us with lasting impressions.

So you typed all of this about TMAC's CHARACTER and you and other Penny dudes in here think it is far-fetched to think people are factoring in Penny's off-court accomplishments when determining who was greater? Ok. Hypocritical but Ok.

If you are going to quote me, start a new quote, no pyramiding.

Rose is MVP
Oh.  Glad you agree. 
embarassed.gif

None of this matters because we are speaking of his on court production. While on the court, he left us with lasting impressions.

So you typed all of this about TMAC's CHARACTER and you and other Penny dudes in here think it is far-fetched to think people are factoring in Penny's off-court accomplishments when determining who was greater? Ok. Hypocritical but Ok.

If you are going to quote me, start a new quote, no pyramiding.

Do you want me to list his individual accomplishments for his career?
laugh.gif

Back to the point of the thread, which is a Penny vs T-Mac comparison, T-Mac was better individually in his time on the Magic. Bringing up team success only makes T-Mac look better you know.

This isn't a thread  about the Magic vs Magic. Lets compare when Penny was the "leader" vs T-Mac when he was the "leader," if you want to go that route, ok? 
laugh.gif

Do you want me to list his individual accomplishments for his career?
laugh.gif

Back to the point of the thread, which is a Penny vs T-Mac comparison, T-Mac was better individually in his time on the Magic. Bringing up team success only makes T-Mac look better you know.

This isn't a thread  about the Magic vs Magic. Lets compare when Penny was the "leader" vs T-Mac when he was the "leader," if you want to go that route, ok? 
laugh.gif

The fact that TMac was available on the market for peanuts this offseason (higher than Scalabrine but lower than Brewer and Bogans) and the Bulls picked all three guys over TMac.... that doesn't raise a red flag about Tmac...at all?

Tracy McGrady stripped to .1 percent of his talent, on one leg, or in a wheelchair, is oodles, light years, galaxies better than Brian. 

Tracy Mcgrady... on 50 percent of his talent, [key word] with the right mindset [/key word] is better than Brewer and Bogans as well. 

But all three made it on the Bulls team this offseason when Tracy didn't. 

I wonder what those three have that TMac lacks.  I just don't know..

Spoiler [+]
work ethic.  good practice guys.  guys who actually pay attention to film.

The fact that TMac was available on the market for peanuts this offseason (higher than Scalabrine but lower than Brewer and Bogans) and the Bulls picked all three guys over TMac.... that doesn't raise a red flag about Tmac...at all?

Tracy McGrady stripped to .1 percent of his talent, on one leg, or in a wheelchair, is oodles, light years, galaxies better than Brian. 

Tracy Mcgrady... on 50 percent of his talent, [key word] with the right mindset [/key word] is better than Brewer and Bogans as well. 

But all three made it on the Bulls team this offseason when Tracy didn't. 

I wonder what those three have that TMac lacks.  I just don't know..

Spoiler [+]
work ethic.  good practice guys.  guys who actually pay attention to film.

Back
Top Bottom