Anfernee Hardaway or Tracy McGrady Vol. #1 in Orlando

Again dude, we are speaking of Magic TMAC vs. Magic Penny. None of what is currently happening matters.

We are speaking of ON COURT Penny vs. ON COURT TMAC in ORLANDO.

You are talking about character traits which has no place in this discussion. TMAC wasn' "lazy" when he was in Orlando. He was arguably (arguably) the best wing player in the NBA along with Kobe. His work ethic wasn't in question back then.

But that doesn't matter.

Again dude, we are speaking of Magic TMAC vs. Magic Penny. None of what is currently happening matters.

You are talking about character traits which has no place in this discussion. TMAC wasn' "lazy" when he was in Orlando. He was arguably (arguably) the best wing player in the NBA along with Kobe. His work ethic wasn't in question back then.

But that doesn't matter.

Work ethic is everything.  It shows focus in a player. 

Which is what Penny had at one point.  You can't not have it and lead your team to the finals. 

Which is what Penny had at one point.  You can't not have it and lead your team to the finals. 

DCAllAmerican wrote:

But that doesn't matter.

penny2x.jpg

DCAllAmerican wrote:

But that doesn't matter.

penny2x.jpg

Originally Posted by amel223

Again, TMAC's work ethic wasn't in question in Orlando. Why are you missing that point?

You don't have to have focus to make it to the finals. The last time I checked Allen Iverson and SHaq made it to the finals before. They lead their teams and their work ethics are questioned. Iverson plays hard but his work ethic was in question.

And LOL @ You throwing in the "lead your team to the finals comment." As if Penny didn't have the most dominant center in the NBA at the time besides Dream. But we will give Penny credit for that one and discredit TMAC for not making it out of the first round.

Originally Posted by amel223

Again, TMAC's work ethic wasn't in question in Orlando. Why are you missing that point?

You don't have to have focus to make it to the finals. The last time I checked Allen Iverson and SHaq made it to the finals before. They lead their teams and their work ethics are questioned. Iverson plays hard but his work ethic was in question.

And LOL @ You throwing in the "lead your team to the finals comment." As if Penny didn't have the most dominant center in the NBA at the time besides Dream. But we will give Penny credit for that one and discredit TMAC for not making it out of the first round.

Originally Posted by DCAllAmerican

But we will give Penny credit for that one and discredit TMAC for not making it out of the first round.

Absolutely. 

http://www.slamonline.com...-he-didnt-practice-hard/

McGrady doesn’t deny his talent affected how he played in practice . ‘That could be it,’ McGrady said. ‘I just think I could cruise through practice and still be effective. Some guys have to really go (all) out to really have an impact on practice. My ability was just I had God-given talent to where I could just cruise through practice and still be an effective practice player… I was inconsistent. Some days, I have really good (practice) days where I just go hard and a lot of days where like, ‘Uh,’ and I just go through the motions. But I work hard. But I’m just not the best practice player.

From the man himself. 

And of course no one would question his work ethic when he was averaging 30 ppg.  That would be silly wouldn't it. 

http://blogs.hoopshype.co.../talking-about-practice/

Originally Posted by DCAllAmerican

But we will give Penny credit for that one and discredit TMAC for not making it out of the first round.

Absolutely. 

http://www.slamonline.com...-he-didnt-practice-hard/

McGrady doesn’t deny his talent affected how he played in practice . ‘That could be it,’ McGrady said. ‘I just think I could cruise through practice and still be effective. Some guys have to really go (all) out to really have an impact on practice. My ability was just I had God-given talent to where I could just cruise through practice and still be an effective practice player… I was inconsistent. Some days, I have really good (practice) days where I just go hard and a lot of days where like, ‘Uh,’ and I just go through the motions. But I work hard. But I’m just not the best practice player.

From the man himself. 

And of course no one would question his work ethic when he was averaging 30 ppg.  That would be silly wouldn't it. 

http://blogs.hoopshype.co.../talking-about-practice/

First you say his work ethic wasn't in question IN orlando.  After I posted that, you say that his work ethic wasn't in question POST orlando. 

Ok...  I'm done. 

First you say his work ethic wasn't in question IN orlando.  After I posted that, you say that his work ethic wasn't in question POST orlando. 

Ok...  I'm done. 

His work ethic was NOT in question WHEN he was in Orlando.

Him saying something about it now doesn't change the fact that WHEN (time) he was in Orlando, his work ethic was NOT quesitoned.

Him coming out now and said that he cruised doesn't change that fact.

Does that make sense?

His work ethic was NOT in question WHEN he was in Orlando.

Him saying something about it now doesn't change the fact that WHEN (time) he was in Orlando, his work ethic was NOT quesitoned.

Him coming out now and said that he cruised doesn't change that fact.

Does that make sense?

What are you trying to tell me.  That we are only making comparisons based on how the fans/media viewed the both of them at THAT time?  Future knowledge is disregarded?

Is that what you keep trying to tell me?

What are you trying to tell me.  That we are only making comparisons based on how the fans/media viewed the both of them at THAT time?  Future knowledge is disregarded?

Is that what you keep trying to tell me?

Let's get back on topic because I don't even know what we are talking about anymore.

My point is even if TMAC was cruising during the playoffs, HE is not at fault for those Magic teams not making it out of the first rounds.

And Penny did not LEAD the Magic to the Finals. He was the 2nd in command behind Big Shaq. So why you keep saying Penny made it but TMAC didn't is really not a fair way to look at things.

Let's get back on topic because I don't even know what we are talking about anymore.

My point is even if TMAC was cruising during the playoffs, HE is not at fault for those Magic teams not making it out of the first rounds.

And Penny did not LEAD the Magic to the Finals. He was the 2nd in command behind Big Shaq. So why you keep saying Penny made it but TMAC didn't is really not a fair way to look at things.

Yes, T-Mac was not at fault AT ALL for NEVER making it out of the first round. No matter what team he was on. Zero liability. The captain and the leader of teams will get no fault in never being out of the first round. It's not YOUR fault T-Mac. None whatsoever.

Yes, T-Mac was not at fault AT ALL for NEVER making it out of the first round. No matter what team he was on. Zero liability. The captain and the leader of teams will get no fault in never being out of the first round. It's not YOUR fault T-Mac. None whatsoever.

Originally Posted by bob4rmmarketing

Remember, we are speaking on TMAC in orlando. 3 years in the playoffs. Bucks, Pistons, and I forget the other team.

But why should he be blamed? He does the most for the team, so why should he be blamed for it. I am seriously asking this question.

Being the leader means what? It doesn't mean that he is supposed to magically make his players play so well that they beat teams CLEARLY better than theirs. I don't agree with that logic. It is something the media does that never made sense.

You blame the person that without a doubt did the most for the team? He held up his end of the deal, his teammates just weren't good enough. Not sure why that is such a hard concept to understand man. One team is better than the other. The better teams USUALLY wins in a series. So if the worse team loses, why should we blame the player that produced the most for that team?

Try to look at it logically and deprogram the typical way we are taught to think about this topic.

Do we blame AI for not winning vs. the Lakers?
Do we blame KG for never winning a ring in Minny?

Why are we blaming the person that produces the most is my question?

Originally Posted by bob4rmmarketing

Remember, we are speaking on TMAC in orlando. 3 years in the playoffs. Bucks, Pistons, and I forget the other team.

But why should he be blamed? He does the most for the team, so why should he be blamed for it. I am seriously asking this question.

Being the leader means what? It doesn't mean that he is supposed to magically make his players play so well that they beat teams CLEARLY better than theirs. I don't agree with that logic. It is something the media does that never made sense.

You blame the person that without a doubt did the most for the team? He held up his end of the deal, his teammates just weren't good enough. Not sure why that is such a hard concept to understand man. One team is better than the other. The better teams USUALLY wins in a series. So if the worse team loses, why should we blame the player that produced the most for that team?

Try to look at it logically and deprogram the typical way we are taught to think about this topic.

Do we blame AI for not winning vs. the Lakers?
Do we blame KG for never winning a ring in Minny?

Why are we blaming the person that produces the most is my question?

Back
Top Bottom