Angie Martinez Resigns from HOT97

Not even mad at Angie, 25+ years and they don't want to pay her. They rather get someone with less years to get even less than they were paying her

Someone mentioned Karen Civil as a suggestion and I'm for it.

I gotta give this chick credit. I remember interacting with her on the regular. Her IG is poppin now. Money make ppl look good. This goin way back to juelz.com forum days.

Not even mad at Angie, 25+ years and they don't want to pay her. They rather get someone with less years to get even less than they were paying her
same thing they did to star

dude was bringing in ratings that rivaled howard stern at a point

and they wanted to give him 125,000 
mean.gif

while clear channel offered a deal worth 7 mil

for the work she put in she should be getting 7 figures without a question

I'm still amazed at how Terrence ascended while Rocsi is...doing whatever

She's on Entertainment Tonight

He's still doing wayyyy more than her
She's a woman and you know men get paid more. Same thing happened to AJ and Free.

Plenty of women in entertainment getting paid....Terrance/Rosci doing way more than free/AJ....props to both in transitioning over to mainstream entertainment

And for all the rosci capers I was just saying he's doing more than her when you compare the two...overall they both made nice moves

Comprehension is the word of the day people

Plenty of women in entertainment getting paid....Terrance/Rosci doing way more than free/AJ....props to both in transitioning over to mainstream entertainment

And for all the rosci capers I was just saying he's doing more than her when you compare the two...overall they both made nice moves

Comprehension is the word of the day people

AJ is on Extra

AJ probably did better than any of them financially.

He does or did own a club, and has some property.

Still don't understand why she would join a rival radio station.

These **** ain't loyal.

If you worked for McDonald's making $10 an hour, and Wendy's said they'd pay you $12 an hour

How loyal would you be?

Last edited:

and they wanted to give him 125,000 :smh:

You really compared Angie Martinez to Howard Stern.

Had no idea radio paid so much.

Someone mentioned Karen Civil as a suggestion and I'm for it.

I gotta give this chick credit. I remember interacting with her on the regular. Her IG is poppin now. Money make ppl look good. This goin way back to juelz.com forum days.

You ain't lying. It's almost like Oprah to me. Take away all the money and she'd get 0 attention from me lol

And neither of them are Howard Stern.
indifferent.gif
 bruh your comprehension skills are doo doo

read what i wrote again

at ONE point in history star had better ratings than stern

it didnt last long but thats HUGE for a HIP HOP/URBAN personality back when hip hop was less mainstream than it is now to even come close to the juggernaut Howard Stern

i never said he was Stern

Stop reaching b and learn how to process information 

STERN RULES!

Sorry.....just throwing that out there cause in the west, he's really all we know from the east.

Hot 97 has a 2.2 share and is 16th place in the NY market.

No one from Hot deserves a 7 figure deal. No one on regular radio in 2014 has that deal except Ryan Seacrest.

Elvis Duran from Z100 doesn't have that deal and hes been top 3 consistently forever.

Howard Stern/Opie and Anthony are the only ones getting paid millions per year for radio, that aren't sports/political talk radio.

Hot 97 has a 2.2 share and is 16th place in the NY market.

No one from Hot deserves a 7 figure deal. No one on regular radio in 2014 has that deal except Ryan Seacrest.

Elvis Duran from Z100 doesn't have that deal and hes been top 3 consistently forever.

Howard Stern/Opie and Anthony are the only ones getting paid millions per year for radio, that aren't sports/political talk radio.
youre absolutely right bro

thats why i used the word SHOULD 

in a perfect world she deserves it 

but youre right its not happening except for those people you mentioned and probly tom leykis as well

also im not sure but steve harvey gotta be pulling 7 figures 
nerd.gif

Last edited:
You would think they would be playing her music on her last day... Something's up B!

They mad she going to the competition, nothing has changed since early 2000s with all their ex employees going to power 105.1.

Hot97 been falling off since Star and Bucwild were removed.

Star and Bucwild was a boss morning show, alwasy listened to them back then.

Something to the effect of why Flex is almost 50 and still on the radio, he should be grooming his predecessor and then fall back/retire from the everyday Hot 97 DJ gig, Which makes sense, i mean at this point what are you really doing..

It makes sense to a point, maybe he should be making bigger moves and expanding his brand, and grooming the next gen, not to take his spot but helping them. But to be honest just because he is 50 or whatever age he is doesn't mean he should stop doing what he loves. How old is Howard Stern? Should he stop and groom the next man to take his spot? If he did that then he wouldn't be the king. Hip hop always places age limits on things.

Power 105 stay taking Hot 97 dj's :lol: :lol:

It's funny, but where else they gonna go? Power has been doing as their names suggest since they started. The ex 97 employees turned it into a radio station beef because they were disgruntled. This nonsense has carried over since early 2000s.

She is doing well for herself also, just because they arent on the same level doesn't mean she hasnt been doing her thing. Terrance has that extra thing that most people don't have, it isn't fair to make comparisons like. Now if she was sitting at home on her couch eating bon bons watching him on TV then that is a different story.

These **** ain't loyal.

They got you guys caught up in their nonsense. Where else is she supposed to go? She is the Queen of NY Hip Hop radio, it only make sense for her to go to a hip hop station that is going to help further her brand. Hot 97 isn't doing it anymore, and seeing the people that are in charge would you still stay? They bosses are too childish.

Last edited:
You would think they would be playing her music on her last day... Something's up B!

They mad she going to the competition, nothing has changed since early 2000s with all their ex employees going to power 105.1.

Hot97 been falling off since Star and Bucwild were removed.

Star and Bucwild was a boss morning show, alwasy listened to them back then.

Something to the effect of why Flex is almost 50 and still on the radio, he should be grooming his predecessor and then fall back/retire from the everyday Hot 97 DJ gig, Which makes sense, i mean at this point what are you really doing..

It makes sense to a point, maybe he should be making bigger moves and expanding his brand, and grooming the next gen, not to take his spot but helping them. But to be honest just because he is 50 or whatever age he is doesn't mean he should stop doing what he loves. How old is Howard Stern? Should he stop and groom the next man to take his spot? If he did that then he wouldn't be the king. Hip hop always places age limits on things.

Power 105 stay taking Hot 97 dj's :lol: :lol:

It's funny, but where else they gonna go? Power has been doing as their names suggest since they started. The ex 97 employees turned it into a radio station beef because they were disgruntled. This nonsense has carried over since early 2000s.

She is doing well for herself also, just because they arent on the same level doesn't mean she hasnt been doing her thing. Terrance has that extra thing that most people don't have, it isn't fair to make comparisons like. Now if she was sitting at home on her couch eating bon bons watching him on TV then that is a different story.

These **** ain't loyal.

They got you guys caught up in their nonsense. Where else is she supposed to go? She is the Queen of NY Hip Hop radio, it only make sense for her to go to a hip hop station that is going to help further her brand. Hot 97 isn't doing it anymore, and seeing the people that are in charge would you still stay? They bosses are too childish.
bruh how was that disneyworld trip u never told me
or did u???? :nerd: :lol:

She's going to get paid better it seems.

She's going to get paid better it seems.
one thing about clear channel is they got that paper.

Terrance is EATING over on E! He's not taking a step back to radio.

Wonder what her new time slot is gonna be. Prostyle runs 2-6 PM on 105.

and they wanted to give him 125,000 :smh:

These **** ain't loyal.

I'll cover all of these at once.

Prostyle is going 10-2pm, Angie is going 2-6pm.

I mentioned this yesterday in the other Angie thread before everything became official.

Emmis is really a 2 dog company with Hot97 and Power106.

Clear Channel has hundreds of radio stations.

The real money for all of these on air personalities is in syndication.

I knew she'd be syndicated. That's why it's a better move and that's why she made it.

You can see she's already on it 2 cities and I'm sure it will be more eventually, and she might even segue into mornings, which is the highest paid on air shift.

That's a win win for Clear Channel. They can pay Angie good money, but also save money by not having to pay a live body to do the same thing in Miami.

Seacrest, Elvis, Breakfast Club. All of these personalities/shows are on multiple stations.

As for Clear Channel being about that paper, they are in a lot of debt.

But they pay their top tier personalities fairly well because they have them doing multiple stations. And you can really only do that when you're a company that owns multiple stations.

Last edited:
I'll cover all of these at once.

Prostyle is going 10-2pm, Angie is going 2-6pm.

I mentioned this yesterday in the other Angie thread before everything became official.

Emmis is really a 2 dig company with Hot97 and Power106.

Clear Channel has hundreds of radio stations.

The real money for all of these on air personalities is in syndication.

I knew she'd be syndicated. That's why it's a better move and that's why she made it.

You can see she's already on it 2 cities and I'm sure it will be more eventually, and she might even segue into mornings, which is the highest paid on air shift.

That's a win win for Clear Channel. They can pay Angie good money, but also save money by not having to pay a live body to do the same thing in Miami.

Seacrest, Elvis, Breakfast Club. All of these personalities/shows are on multiple stations.

As for Clear Channel being about that paper, they are in a lot of debt.

But they pay their top tier personalities fairly well because they have them doing multiple stations. And you can really only do that when you're a company that owns multiple stations.
oooooooo

so theyre basically paying a couple dozen personalities to in a sense be on hundreds of stations 

so as a single entity youll get paid more but in reality theyre saving a ton of bread 

got damn thats smart

real talk howard stern is from the hood :rofl:

he talks about it all the time

Yup....Roosevelt, Long Island. He goes to town on that city. He even said he wishes it burned to the ground. Oddly though he credits that whole misery to his parents for never leaving that place. He said while all the other white kids left Roosevelt, his parents stayed and he was the only white kid among tons of black kids. He said he'd get beat up all the time and picked on. I think to this day, no one from that city knows Stern was there.

This kind of puts things in perspective in the Bay Area. The radio scene is totally dead out here.

Back
Top Bottom