Angie Martinez Resigns from HOT97

the only reason they aint tryna slander angie is because she is unhateble

if they tried anything crazy theyd look like fools.

I'd hope after all these years they'd have enough respect for her to not take it there. Especially flex. Let her get her money and wish her well. He should probably be following her lead.

Angie still looking good.
bro they tried to pimp the mr.cee situation on LIVE radio

they was hoping he would say he was gay or bust a tear or something so they could pull ratings

not even thinking about the implications it would have on his family 

if he was really there man that shouldve never been on radio

i put nothing past them b
is he still on hot 97???
yup

Angie interviews have always been good, in my opinion.  Don't listen to the radio like that anymore but any of the recent ones have all been good. 

Oh, and Angie could get it. 

Two times. 

Or however many she likes. 

laugh.gif
@ Ebro AKA Young Sean Combs. Dude's ego is out of control...

The morning show just got renamed to "Ebro In The Morning."
ohwell.gif

:lol: @ Ebro AKA Young Sean Combs. Dude's ego is out of control...

The morning show just got renamed to "Ebro In The Morning." :\

:rofl: these clowns just don't wanna win.

This was my biggest gripe with hot 97 interviews. Dude gets way too personal when interviewing & starts going off about himself like bruh no one curr.
There's literally not one likeable personality over there now

:lol: @ Ebro AKA Young Sean Combs. Dude's ego is out of control...

The morning show just got renamed to "Ebro In The Morning." :\

:smh:

If that is true...

Yo the breakfast club should interview Angie that would be great.

Last edited:
The sellout crew.

Angie is the most overrated person on radio.

Her voice is annoying and her interviews are terrible.

Not playing favorites. I hate both. Ebro sucks and thinks him/station are important.

No radio station/personality is relevant in 2014.

Last edited:
All we know? Please. Opie & Anthony > Howard.
Opie & Anthony > Stern. Opie & Anthony have the best show in radio.

Elvis Duran/Steve Harvey/Ryan Seacrest/any syndicated Top 40 morning shows are unlistenable.

Radio is unlistenable. Clear Channel/Bain Capital are billions in debt from buying up all the stations. 

the only reason they aint tryna slander angie is because she is unhateble

if they tried anything crazy theyd look like fools.

:\ And that's why she can go to any market, unlike most of them at Hot.

bro they tried to pimp the mr.cee situation on LIVE radio

they was hoping he would say he was gay or bust a tear or something so they could pull ratings

not even thinking about the implications it would have on his family 

if he was really there man that shouldve never been on radio

i put nothing past them b

Lost what little respect I had for Ebro from that.

He tried to act like he was doing him a favor. :smh:

stern's much older now but o & a are simply derivative of stern - which i bet they can admit

and i remember them from WAAF in Boston

stern lost da fire
he was better underpaid or at least much less paid

Derivative? Maybe in the sense of being "shock jocks" but Opie and Anthony did alot of original things that Stern stole. But I agree, Stern lost all his fire.

i cosign mr cee for his dedication to throwback music. only other station that plays consistent old joints is hot 96.9 in boston. yes boston.

also, dj kay slay gets props from me for playing that mixtape ****. dat papoose pap...poose (dude is funny and underrated idc what anyone says). kay slay plays those fresh out the booth remixes.

i liked flex for his car shows. i liked flex for his guess freestyles. and his 60min of funk mixes were appreciated back in the day. dude is w.e now. all emotional n ****.
when mr cee was catching the heat, flex went OD talking bout he got dirt on everyone @ power105 >D saying they need to fall back. meanwhile that recording of mr cee soliciting and getting top from ****** was in power105's hands days before it came out :lol:

radio is dead. my radio is used mainly for NPR.

we are in the age of streaming music, word to spotify, apple radio, beats. I'm surprised these radio stations are getting money, idk anyone who really listens to radio anymore.

:nerd: :nerd:

radio is dead. my radio is used mainly for NPR.

we are in the age of streaming music, word to spotify, apple radio, beats. I'm surprised these radio stations are getting money, idk anyone who really listens to radio anymore.
NPR is worse than regular radio. Boring hipster drivel.

Poor/old people keep radio alive. Who drive last millennium cars with no usb/aux.

Who in 2014 listens to morning radio shows. Who listens to commercials to maybe hear a song they like?

Last edited:
When did it stop being cool to listen to the radio? Seriously.

I listen to breakfast club when I can. I listen to Ricky Smiley show cause it's funny sometimes.

Not necessarily cool but there's no content for me to listen to on the radio. I absolutely detest nearly all the songs played on the radio, don't like any personalities enough to listen to their morning shows so what reason is there for me to listen to the radio? I legit haven't listened to radio in at least 4 years. I do enjoy the breakfast club but I catch them on youtube.

I listen to breakfast club when I can. I listen to Ricky Smiley show cause it's funny sometimes.

When mainstream radio went from being owned by multiple companies, allowing a good variety of music to be played, to being practically monopolized, leading to nearly every radio station playing the same music regardless of the city/state you're in.

Every once in awhile I flip on 97.9 just to see if they could possibly be any different and I'm never shocked to know its the same. Outside of that, it's nothing but my iPod and AM sports talk radio for me.

When mainstream radio went from being owned by multiple companies, allowing a good variety of music to be played, to being practically monopolized, leading to nearly every radio station playing the same music regardless of the city/state you're in.
When Bill Clinton passed a bill allowing one person/company to own multiple stations in multiple cities.

Bill Clinton ruined radio, but then again, it wouldn't have mattered in the long run.

iPods killed radio, Spotify/Rdio killed the iPod, the saga continues.

I listen to Ricky Smiley show cause it's funny.
The second the iPods went on sale.

Ricky Smiley is putrid.

Last edited:
If it wasn't for the radio I wouldn't know what was new and poppin. Especially rap it's not something I check for & most R&B I get is on adult R&B stations not those hip hop and R&B stations.

Usually I'm on Spotify or listening to a podcast but I wouldn't know what was new and hot if it was t for radio.

I never listen to local radio unless it's late night fri or sat and I'm not doing ****....only time they do mixes of random ****

The majority of people still listen to radio.

The majority of people aren't technological savvy enough to do otherwise, even if they have a iPhone or iPod.

You've always had other options to listen to music in your car, from cassettes to CD's.

Remember how satellite was the future? Then people were like, pay for radio...something free? One goes away.

How many radio stations do you see going away? Only changing formats.

They need to keep up though, because things continue to evolve, young kids grow up on smart phones, spotify, pandora, google music, itunes radio...LTE is becoming widespread, and some companies still have unlimited data

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom