Another abused dog found it's way to our house

Hey NT I don't get to post on here often but my husband Khadafi252 had posted about a dog a while back. It was a HUGE pit-bull that made our front yard his new home, he was a fighter dog and we helped him. We fed him cleaned him up but was not able to keep him so we found him a foster family with a rescue.

Somehow it has happened again!!! Someone backed up behind my mother in-law's house and dumped this dog and took off. So we can't see an animal suffer or be put down so we took her home and helped her out. We are feeding her and I cleaned her gave her a bath, some ointment for her sores, a bed, food and water trying to help her feel better. As you can see she is very malnourished, and a friend said that it's possible that she got pregnant by a non pure breed and so they dumped her because it ruins the dog's line. She has a round belly but otherwise she is all bones how can we tell if she has had the puppies or if she is still pregnant? I didn't feel any puppies moving around in her tummy. She is a sweet sweet dog she's only been here since last night and when I go outside to check on her and stuff she follows me around if I sit outside she stands or sits right by me and just stays there by my side.

Any idea if she is still pregnant or not and some tips on what to feed her or give her. Can she have some Gatorade or pedialyte or something to help her dehydration until we figure out what to do??

Hey NT I don't get to post on here often but my husband Khadafi252 had posted about a dog a while back. It was a HUGE pit-bull that made our front yard his new home, he was a fighter dog and we helped him. We fed him cleaned him up but was not able to keep him so we found him a foster family with a rescue.

Somehow it has happened again!!! Someone backed up behind my mother in-law's house and dumped this dog and took off. So we can't see an animal suffer or be put down so we took her home and helped her out. We are feeding her and I cleaned her gave her a bath, some ointment for her sores, a bed, food and water trying to help her feel better. As you can see she is very malnourished, and a friend said that it's possible that she got pregnant by a non pure breed and so they dumped her because it ruins the dog's line. She has a round belly but otherwise she is all bones how can we tell if she has had the puppies or if she is still pregnant? I didn't feel any puppies moving around in her tummy. She is a sweet sweet dog she's only been here since last night and when I go outside to check on her and stuff she follows me around if I sit outside she stands or sits right by me and just stays there by my side.

Any idea if she is still pregnant or not and some tips on what to feed her or give her. Can she have some Gatorade or pedialyte or something to help her dehydration until we figure out what to do??

Did you guys throw a bunch of ice cubes into that water bowl??

Too sweet.

You guys are nice people.

Did you guys throw a bunch of ice cubes into that water bowl??

Too sweet.

You guys are nice people.

We always give our animals ice in their water ESPECIALLY when it starts to warm up outside.

Thank you guys for the support. If we had tons of money stacked up crazy we would have just rushed her to a vet but hard to do when it's not even your dog.

We always give our animals ice in their water ESPECIALLY when it starts to warm up outside.

Thank you guys for the support. If we had tons of money stacked up crazy we would have just rushed her to a vet but hard to do when it's not even your dog.

You two are doing something very commendable. I wouldnt give her Gatorade, just some faucet water. If you dont have dog food (wet or dry) try white rice.

You two are doing something very commendable. I wouldnt give her Gatorade, just some faucet water. If you dont have dog food (wet or dry) try white rice.

We do have dog food so we've been feeding her that and I just gave her a mix that the vet had us give our dog when it was recovering from parvo. Ground beef rice egg mix thing.

We do have dog food so we've been feeding her that and I just gave her a mix that the vet had us give our dog when it was recovering from parvo. Ground beef rice egg mix thing.

way to be caring
pimp.gif

Your family's compassion is truly commendable.

I'll reach out to a couple of our friends at the HSUS and see if I can get some answers for you.

It certainly seems as though someone nearby has been breeding and fighting dogs. To prevent further cruelty from befalling others, you should strongly consider reporting these incidents to the proper authorities (the local police department and animal control.) Perhaps the Animal Cruelty Taskforce of Southern Arizona would be a good place to start: http://www.act-az.org/report.html

Your family's compassion is truly commendable.

I'll reach out to a couple of our friends at the HSUS and see if I can get some answers for you.

It certainly seems as though someone nearby has been breeding and fighting dogs. To prevent further cruelty from befalling others, you should strongly consider reporting these incidents to the proper authorities (the local police department and animal control.) Perhaps the Animal Cruelty Taskforce of Southern Arizona would be a good place to start: http://www.act-az.org/report.html

Major props to you guys. Very commendable and caring. The things people do to dogs and animals
30t6p3b.gif

Major props to you guys. Very commendable and caring. The things people do to dogs and animals
30t6p3b.gif

You can tell she definitely is/was pregnant by her nipples. Maybe too early to tell if she currently is but if she jet now she was for sure.

Big ups to you two also. I have a APBT mix as well and it's good to see people that don't believe all the stereotypes.

You can tell she definitely is/was pregnant by her nipples. Maybe too early to tell if she currently is but if she jet now she was for sure.

Big ups to you two also. I have a APBT mix as well and it's good to see people that don't believe all the stereotypes.

breaks my heart to see people mistreat animals like that. thank you for your compassion.

breaks my heart to see people mistreat animals like that. thank you for your compassion.

Back
Top Bottom