Another star goes broke vol. Allen Iverson

Originally Posted by JordanXI45

I'd kill myself if I was broke after making $150mill in 12+ years.

Pathetic.
How do you not put away ATLEAST $10mill of that to collect interest in the bank and save it for a rainy day? Did this dude think he'd be getting paid to ball the rest of his life? Smh. I don't know the whole story but I'm sick of these athletes wasting away tons of money.
Dude was financially supporting half of VA

30t6p3b.gif
I would just purchase everything with cash. Cribs, cars, jewelry.

My only bills would be the water & electricity.

he's not broke, just a show and prove to his ex, duke is going thru divorce... Dambs. I have $9.88 to my name and i know about off shore accounts.

Originally Posted by el cuco

I can't feel bad for someone who made enough cash to last a lifetime but obviously he didn't plan for the future or a secondary plan...

Dude made enough $ to last him, his kids and their kids the rest of their lives but now it's all gone?I cant help but laugh.

Originally Posted by ill steelo

30t6p3b.gif

The mistake is thinking you're always going to be making money like that. As easy as it comes, it also goes.

30t6p3b.gif

If I had that dough, I'd build a solar/wind turbine farm large enough to cover my electric bill and then some. 

Originally Posted by TraSoul82

30t6p3b.gif

If I had that dough, I'd build a solar/wind turbine farm large enough to cover my electric bill and then some. 
Let's not even mention home insurance, car insurance, medical insurance, homeowner association dues, housekeeping bills, family.

You're right... You're only bills would be water and electricity.
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by MoonMan818

Originally Posted by TraSoul82

30t6p3b.gif

Let's not even mention home insurance, car insurance, medical insurance, homeowner association dues, housekeeping bills, family.

You're right... You're only bills would be water and electricity.
laugh.gif
Woops, forgot those expenses excluding family. Silly me

So....

He has that "lifetime" contract w/Reebok, how does that work?

He still gets paid by them right?

Is it like a few thousands a year or what?

Better tell Reebok to retro some blue toe leather Questions, Blue patent leather Answer 1s, in face all Answers 1-4 w/ real DMX technology. I will cop a.s.a.p

Originally Posted by memphisboi55

So....

I was wondering this too,

I remember someone said he was going to get $5M a year for that "lifetime" contract.

But I doubt Reebok is paying him that, he's lucky if he sees a few thousand from them.

he may just have a way out.
I remember reading an article about the Lakers showing interest in having him to come out of retirement for a new signing, they were going to require him to spend some time in the development league before entering back into the NBA.

redemption?

Originally Posted by JD214

Originally Posted by memphisboi55

So....

I was wondering this too,

I remember someone said he was going to get $5M a year for that "lifetime" contract.

But I doubt Reebok is paying him that, he's lucky if he sees a few thousand from them.

He gets paid only if he's in the nba for life. thats why him messing up in Memphis was so stupid. And this is why he's trying to come back now.

A.I. my n_ why had to be him?

My dude thought he was gonna be Rich Forever. but hes a perfect example of failing to prepare. he was great because of talent. Thats why D.Fish is still in the league and has 1/10th the talent.  He's the basketball version of 50 cent almost. He has nobody in his corner. The thing is 50 ain't broke.
30t6p3b.gif

I'm from VA and I loved A.I as a kid. But as a man you see the flaws and just go
30t6p3b.gif
. He will never be a decent player in the league again.

$154 million in salary + at least $30 mil in endorsements (over the 10 years he was a superstar)

Damn man... How is that possible

154 MIL AFTER TAX IS LIKE 75 MIL... THOUGH.

Not like he saw the full 150 mil.

75 mil can go quick if you living that life.

Back
Top Bottom