Any Golfers on NT?

I bought a taylormade spider s putter recently and I've sunk more birdies then I ever have with my old scotty. I put a midsize iomic putter grip on it and I love the feel of it.

The head on the spider is just too damn big for me. I feel so much more comfortable with classic style blades or mallet.

The head on my 003 is perfect for me... Not a blade but not giant like a mallet.

I had an 2-ball SRT before to help with my alignment but I didn't like the feel.

Going to purchase a new bag today. Think I'm going to get a Ping carry bag. I've heard good things and really want to match my irons and putter. :D

You guys see that article on WRX about Jason Days custom 2 iron and hitting it 300? :wow: :lol: :smh:

[COLOR=#red]Just got back from the range!!! Wow, I don't know what happened since 8 months ago when I last hit but I am blasting the **** out of that little white ball with my 3 hybrid. The range by me has different colored flags for various distance...I was CONSISTENTLY hitting far past the yellow flag at 200 yds one time going five in a row dead center. This is the first time ever I could consistently hit the ball with any club. Once I really get my technique down I'll be blasting away.

First off I changed EVERYTHING the golf pro showed me. The way he had me hitting was based off of his physiology. I'm 6'6 with with a different center of gravity and much longer arms...my optimal swing is going to be different. I don't know what happened but I dialed in and was able to take accurate almost full power swings without losing control. I'm so pumped!! I really love my 3 Hybrid, it's so versatile it can go out to 225+ yards on a full swing and less with less of a swing. I may just go all hybrid...so much easier than irons...possibly Adams.[/COLOR]

Last edited:
[COLOR=#red]BTW...no more pro lessons for me...I paid money for someone to make me worse. It's funny how each time I get a lesson I get a different way on how I should hit the ball. I do better just learning on my own.[/COLOR]

Scooped this beast today. Ogio Vapor bag. Felt great and I've heard good things about them. Got a $25 gift card in store since it was over $150 and went ahead and got a super stroke grip for my putter.

2d2aw5i.jpg

1eopd0.jpg

^Also EWD your swing will naturally be different as you're using standard length clubs (im assuming) and at your height I'd definitely suggest getting fitted.  You can also get extenders inserted into the butt of the club to lengthen them.

The lie angle of your clubs is also incorrect for you currently as well.

No courses around here have beer cart girls. Maybe it's just because its not that hot or something but they definitely should.

I might have to **** around and cop a super stroke... I got a gift card for Dic.k's burning a hole in my wallet since Christmas...

I like that ogio bag too.. Looks pretty similar to mine.

EBW does your thumb bend way back or some ****? Looks kinda like mine and everybody thinks my **** is weird.
roll.gif

Try the super stroke. I already am a huge fan.

And yes my thumb bends back far as hell if I make it. People have always been disgusted by it but it doesn't hurt me whatsoever :lol:

^Also EWD your swing will naturally be different as you're using standard length clubs (im assuming) and at your height I'd definitely suggest getting fitted.  You can also get extenders inserted into the butt of the club to lengthen them.

The lie angle of your clubs is also incorrect for you currently as well.

[COLOR=#red]fraij, I got my clubs custom fitted. Everything was bought at one time and brand new. I did the custom fitting at golf galaxy then they used the numbers from that and took the clubs I picked out and adjusted for length and lie. I'm tall AND left handed so I knew going in I wasn't going to be able to just walk in and buy without adjustment. I just had to find my swing...and after a year I found it finally. Now comes fine tuning.

Who makes the best hybrids guys? I'm going full on hybrid instead of irons...they work better for me, though I know some guys who hate them[/COLOR]

Tomorrow I begin teaching someone to play. I got a really good deal. Dude is an undefeated boxer, and he said he wants to golf. My lessons in exchange for boxing lessons. Interesting sports mix, but a good trade nonetheless.

[COLOR=#red]I'm in love with hybrids....so much so that I have found my next set of clubs... will buy a full set brand new before the summer is out. Adams Idea Tech V4 Hybrid Iron Set. Have seen excellent reviews on it so far may drive to the PGA SuperStore to get fitted for them. Love that Stealth Black look :smokin[/COLOR]

Last edited:
Heard good things about the Cleveland 588 altitudes. They are a hybrid iron set.

There is a great review of them on thehackersparadise.com under clubs section on forums.

I am looking into purchasing the 4 iron

Heard good things about the Cleveland 588 altitudes. They are a hybrid iron set.

There is a great review of them on thehackersparadise.com under clubs section on forums.

I'm telling you, if you buy cleveland wedges and callaway woods you will be set for life. Believe that.

[COLOR=#red]Checked the review...do seem nice. Has a bendable hosel for adjustments. When I go to get my hybos I'll try those and the Adams out. I know that the Adams are quite respected for their hybrids even on the tour. Like I said golf purists hate hybrids, but they work for me much better than traditional irons. [/COLOR]

I have a Adams 19 degree hybrid and love it.

My buddy has the adams a 12 hybrid/iron set and is really happy with it.

Hit them both and compare im sure you will like both.

When im due for wedge updrades i have my eye on the Cleveland RTX wedges black finish looks good on them

Back
Top Bottom