Any Golfers on NT?

This guy Dufner gotta be the most unsuspecting sports "star" going right now.
laugh.gif

Last edited:
just curious. what golf shoes are you guys playing in ? , what do you look for in a golf shoes, (feel, spikeless, light etc) ?

i'm playing in the adidas adizero tour

Playing the g25s from i5s this season... g25s are much easier to hit... Would not consider myself a good ball striker but man these go STRAIGHT... Love the CFS shafts because I need some loft on my irons and these JUMP up in the air.

The first lunar control is still the best shoe ever. I took all the insoles out of em and put em in my basketball shoes.

Playing the g25s from i5s this season... g25s are much easier to hit... Would not consider myself a good ball striker but man these go STRAIGHT... Love the CFS shafts because I need some loft on my irons and these JUMP up in the air.

Good info - It's going to be a hard decision for me (i.e. - I spend probably too much time in researching this stuff). Went to Golf Mart and hit some balls w/ the AP1 712s which I liked a lot, too... though I hear there's a ton of loft with those clubs.

I hit the g25s, g20s and i20s... Friend is a Ping rep... Got me set up and loved the g25s... They jump out of the rough and dont lose too much distance... Very happy with my purchase

Newbie here...

I'm looking at picking up a 2nd hand set....in about the next month or so.

Any recommendations on brands for clubs?

I know people around me are using Callaway, and I know it's a great brand but also pricey. I just want to get a solid second hand set and as my game improves, I will upgrade the clubs individually.

I saw a kit of Callaway's going 2nd hand, but the bag was pink so it led me to believe it might be a woman's set :lol: (not really sure if that even makes a difference)

I'm familiar with many names like PING, Titlelist, Taylor Made etc but I don't know which brand I should look at.

Can someone point me in the right direction?

Last edited:
Has anyone had experience with Mizuno JPX-825 (not the Pros) and/or Ping G25's? Considering moving into one of those from my older TaylorMade Burners.
i played the jpx 800 but pros for 1 season, felt really heavy and didnt have great feel to me

switched to ap2 712s and i dont ever see myself changing those up for the next 5 years.

I did a 3 hour fitting at the Taylor Made Performance Lab outside of Boston on Wednesday.  It was pretty awesome... I put the suit on with all the sensors and have a DVD with my swing and got to go out on the range and hit just about every high end driver shaft I'd want to hit.

The Diamana 'ahina fit me the best, the kai'li was okay but the flight was a little balloony, I definitely hit the ahina better than my ad di6 though so I'll be selling that, copped an ahina with TM graphics yesterday for $70, cant complain about that.

Getting my irons bent 1.5* upright on sunday. 

I did a 3 hour fitting at the Taylor Made Performance Lab outside of Boston on Wednesday.  It was pretty awesome... I put the suit on with all the sensors and have a DVD with my swing and got to go out on the range and hit just about every high end driver shaft I'd want to hit.

The Diamana 'ahina fit me the best, the kai'li was okay but the flight was a little balloony, I definitely hit the ahina better than my ad di6 though so I'll be selling that, copped an ahina with TM graphics yesterday for $70, cant complain about that.

Getting my irons bent 1.5* upright on sunday. 

hahaha. did u cop on ebay from golfxcess?

What the ahina?  Found a dude on golfwrx BST forum that was selling one.

The fitting was on living social (i posted the link above) for $99. Definitely worth it for me.

What the ahina?  Found a dude on golfwrx BST forum that was selling one.

The fitting was on living social (i posted the link above) for $99. Definitely worth it for me.

oh word. i just ordered an ahina off ebay brand new for the same price. have to pick it up later today

Gonna have to keep an eye on that store.

I was smoooooking the RBZ stage 2 3 wood and hybrids at the range... Hit them best with the RIP Phenom and RIP Beta. Loved that hybrid... Might have to find those shafts to put in my Adams XTD's

^I've got a TM r11 graphics RIP BETA 70 stiff laying around (uncut)...been meaning to stick it in a driver but its just collecting dust...PM me if interested :D :nerd:

Put the rip phenom in my driver and 3 wood and I'm bombing both of them with good ball flight and trajectory. Easily gained around 10 yards on each club. Now I'm on to reshafting my whole iron set with x100. Reshafted 2 irons to out and they work better for me.

Has anyone hit both the Covert performance model, and the Cobra Amp cell? Have any comparisons between the two or either. Being a lefty its hard to find places to test and hit the clubs so just looking for some reviews. Finally time to upgrade from my superfast 2.0 TP

Has anyone hit both the Covert performance model, and the Cobra Amp cell? Have any comparisons between the two or either. Being a lefty its hard to find places to test and hit the clubs so just looking for some reviews. Finally time to upgrade from my superfast 2.0 TP
hit both a couple months back at the PGA tour superstore in East Palo Alto. The ball was flying of the face of the covert, stiff shaft, i forget which shaft manfactuer, sounded good, not too much spin boring trajectory (had it set at netural i believe). Cobra amp was garbage, clunky, not forgiving, sounded weird. I would rate the covert 9 out of 10 and the cobra 6 out of 10. hope this helps.

check out a local PGA tour superstore. had a gigantic lefty section. cheers NT golfers

Just got home from playing at Pacific Grove. Front and back 9 are wildly different, good muni and bang for your buck given the courses near by.

Nothing better than watching golf on a lazy Sunday with a dank beer in your hand.

This Barclays tourney good get interesting if Chappell doesn't run away with it.

anyone playing rocketballz irons? theyve dropped a lot in price since the RBZ 2s have come out and im looking for a new set. going to try and go hit them at GW this week.

and if anyone has experience with the following: RBZ vs NikeVR-S vs Wilson Ci11? fwiw im probably about a 16-18 handicap.

Which Nike VR-S? The new coverts perform well for a less than spectacular looking iron. Price has also dropped on those.

Of those three I would vote for the Wilson Ci11. Wilson is known for their irons and everyone I know that has them loves them and will not change!

Back
Top Bottom