Any Golfers on NT?

Well, my slice is back. Great...

Just played Seascape Golf Links in OBX on vacation. Course was TIGHT compared to the stuff I play here in New England. Was just knocking irons out there to keep the ball in play towards the end. Barely broke 100...

Guy in our league got a hole in one last night... Hit it 2 feet past and sucked it back with a gap wedge on a 115yd hole... Heard them yelling from a couple fairways over... $400 later he was out of the clubhouse... Pretty fun night

Well my season is done...but not before I finished it out with a bang.

Played TPC Sawgass and the Pete Dye course this weekend.

The clubhouse view form the parking lot

Inside the guest locker room

Engraved bag tag that comes with the round

The 16th hole is a par 5. Crushed my drive and had 188 for my second shot into it. I ended up looking at the 17th like many players do on TV. Ended up with a bogey.

The course is cart path only. Here is the view as you walk down to where all the pro's tee off from. The shot is only 140. The wind is what makes it tough.

So I just aimed for the middle of the green. Like they say most of should do on every par three! and....

bam. middle of the green. Took my two putt par and got out of there. All on the frist try. Thankfully I don't think I looked like too much of a tourist. Amazed at the backup at the 17th from guys taking drops, pictures and refusing to leave the tee until they hit the green.

I've been playing for a little less than a year. I am pretty inconsistent (with my irons especially) but Tuesday I played one of the best rounds of my life. I was this close to birdie but I had to settle for par. I was pretty happy with it. I

Shot 89 today, started at 4:30 and finished at 8pm. Was dark as **** on 18 and 17 was difficult to see as well.

first time ever shooting in the 80's and if I had 30 more minutes of good light I coulda gone lower.
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Those
Shot 89 today, started at 4:30 and finished at 8pm. Was dark as **** on 18 and 17 was difficult to see as well.

first time ever shooting in the 80's and if I had 30 more minutes of good light I coulda gone lower. :pimp: :pimp: :pimp:

That's the best. Chasing a score and trying to beat the sunlight. Nice!

i guess i'll throw these up here for anybody who's interested...

Nike VRS Forged irons 5-PW
Dynalite Gold SL S300 shafts
2* flat
Lamkin 3Gen REL Black 360* grips

$450 shipped and paypal'd in CONUS

you can pm me or email me at jinwoolee1219@gmail.com

^^ Sawgrass.. On the Golf Course Bucket list for sure..

So F'n Pissed at Mizuno right now. Gaming the MP-68s. 2nd season with them, but looking for a new iron, and was going to go after the MP-4s. One of the best looking blades out there.. Only to be told by Mizuno they are NOT going to be aval in LH. So looks like I will be shopping new Irons. Either the Titleist 714 MBs or the Nike VR blades.

"Beat the Pro" Tourny this Sat. ( you can Bet up to $250 against the Pro.) He plays in the 1st group, and if you can tie or beat his score with your handicap you double your money. I am guessing he will shoot close to par. so as long as I shoot a 79 or better I will be okay I think...(Even if you lose, you still get your money you bet in a gift card for the pro shop).

if any of you NT golfers need a GPS unit or rangefinder PM me. might have a hook. PM with brand (bushnell, leopould etc). and model

Has anyone hit both the Covert performance model, and the Cobra Amp cell? Have any comparisons between the two or either. Being a lefty its hard to find places to test and hit the clubs so just looking for some reviews. Finally time to upgrade from my superfast 2.0 TP

i actually tested a bunch of drivers and after hitting a bunch for a month, i settled on the covert performance head with the stock tour shaft, but went with the 3wood covert tour so i could adjust loft etc.

in searching for a hybrid, for me the amp cell destroyed the covert hybrid tour in every aspect. so i decided to compare the amp cell vs covert one more time.

launch angle, spin, speed etc all across the board was better with the amp cell, so i cancelled my covert woods and picked up the amp cell woods.

i love em, very forgiving...the fact that i can adjust loft and draw bias is another plus.

i will probably put em up against the titlest 915s next year, but other than that, dont think im switching anytime soon.

Last edited:
Yeah I have flighted Project X 6.0s in my irons as well but lately feel like they may be a little soft, think on my next set I will get 6.5s

i just od'd on golf clubs in the past week....

sldr 12
mp69 with ctaper lites
futura x

how are the c taper lites? the regular c taper and project x 6.0 have always been hard for me to hit.

i only have 2 rounds in with the ctl but so far things are looking VERY good. orange county (so cal) is in a bit of a funk golf course wise. a lot of the courses are starting their aeration process right now so i'm trying to dodge those courses. the problem is the courses are getting lazy by not really cutting the greens. on top of that the weather has gotten surprisingly hot so the courses have continued to syringe the greens. as a result, i've kind of chewed up a ton of greens with these irons. ive had to repair almost every hole because the ball rips the green and checks up pretty fast. i've actually even had 2 balls embed into the greens. so that being said, these irons definitely have plenty of spin. the ctl are a completely different animal than the ctaper. they basically perform like the prototype ctapers that i hit before they went into production but theyre 10gs lighter than the prototype (protos were high launch, high spin, 120g weight). i was never a fan of the project x (satin, this new stuff is pure junk). i've adapted to mid-weight (~110g) shafts as my swing breaks down faster throughout the round with 120g shafts.

basically, ctl and pxi are the same shafts. i'll have to say that my ctls are softer at impact than the pxi i demoed (the pxi i demoed was in a miura fwiw). HOWEVER, when i had my club guy build my mp64/ctl combo, i have him stick lead weights into the tip to get the swingweight proper but this also creates a softer feel at impact if you fill the tiip of a shaft before u install. i know when he built the miura with the pxi and when i demoed a mp64 with the pxi fit shaft, they didnt have the softer impact feel as mine but i think its largely the way i have my irons constructed.

the ctaper lite isn't very easy to get, my club guy is very close with kim braly and it took me forever to get my shafts. a bit of history for you guys that dont know... kim braly is the original designer of the project x shaft when royal precision was NOT owned by true temper. the original project x (satin finish) is a completely different animal than true temper's project x (chrome finish). once true temper purchased royal precision and project x, braly left. phil mickelson used to play the satin px. notice now he plays the kbs tour (albeit a different version than retail) which was designed by kim. also the ctaper / ctaper lite are a constant taper and in a satin brush metal finish (ala original project x). off topic, ive hit the kbs tour v2 (aka the phil mickelson iron shaft), I HATE THEM hahahahaha. i hate the ctapers too but the v2 are not for me....

on another note. the SLDR is FILTHY.... i dont really care for the sliding weight. i'm more happy about 2 things.... the silver face (i hate black faces) and the feel at impact. i traded my r1 for the SLDR largely because of the feel / sound at impact. performance wise, the difference is pretty negligible. but the sound... NIGHT AND DAY. played the r1 at 12* have a 12* SLDR and the shots are virtually the same. i wouldn't suggest you make a move unless you're like me and you absolutely despise the sound / feel of the rbz series / r11 series / r1 drivers....

and last but not least, the futura x... let's get past the obvious. its ugly. honestly i prefer the look of the daddy long legs over it except there are 3 things i did not like about the daddy long legs. 1) the bottom is made out of plastic. the body has too much of its weight invested in the steel wirefram and had to thin out weight by making the bottom made out of plastic. 2) the paint on the putter is SUPER trash... i putted on my carpet a couple times and i had paint already coming off it. 3) the face has an insert. it's a good insert and it feels well but ive never really liked inserts for my putters. enter the futura x. i'm not the biggest fan of the double sight lines but wahtever, i've gotten over it. i also bought weights so i reweighted the head. the back wings have 30gs just like the daddy long legs and the front has 15gs. combine that with the steel bottom weight plug and an all aluminum body, you have 390 grams like the daddy long legs with the majority of the weight on the back wings like the dll AND NO PLASTIC! also the face is all aluminum (obviously) and thus no insert. it sounds different than steel but i like it so i dont mind.

Last edited:
awesome Prostaffer!

Sawgrass looks :pimp:

Thanks guys. My first time playing on bermuda. That stuff is no joke. The fore caddie is cool. Gave us stories like when Stenson didn't want to drop into the rough and played his ball off the bridge on 4 (or 5 can't remember).

I drove 19 hours with my buddy and played both the Stadium and Pete Dye Course. The Web.Com tour will have their year end championship on that course in a few weeks. It was probably tougher than Stadium IMO.

The greens weren't super quick like you would think. However they were the truest roll I have ever experienced. No wonder many courses are switching to bermuda greens.

The experience was solid. That is what I love about golf. I went to the BMW this week. No other sport lets you get that close to the players. How many of use get the opportunity to play the courses/stadiums where other pro's play?

Went to the BMW...

Got a lot of decent pics. However this one was my favorite....

the practice putting green is just behind the stands on 18 at Conway Farms. This was Wednesday during the Pro-Am. Everyone is around the green watching Tiger laught it up with lee westwood, CHIII and do his putting drills. Well out of nowhere a ball takes one hop and beans one of the AM's Caddie in the head. Dude tried to shake it off then dropped to one knee.

Tiger kept putting. #FOCUS

This is my first year getting into golf. Played the last few weeks and damn it's way more enjoyable playing when its 65-70 out instead of 90+ with humidity :lol:

Thinking about scooping up a GPS for my dad for his BDay in the spring... He doesnt want to pay per year with a skycaddie... What model is easy to use and still accurate??? Doesnt want a range finder either.

Just picked up a early Xmas present for myself.

Callaway X-hot driver 9.5 degree stiff flex

$177 shipped :smokin

I know most of the country is covered in snow...but Stan alert:

Nike figured out a way to put fly wire in their Covert 2.0 driver...calling it fly-brace technology :lol:

Man it is winter everywhere but here in Cali 8)

I have probably played golf every weekend for last 2 months, courses have been in great shape too

California :smokin

Back
Top Bottom