Any NT heads go to CAL STATE LA or any near by CSU's?

Originally Posted by 951guero

ucr class of '10

highlanders fsho
pimp.gif

I'm completing my last quarter at CSULA right now.

Sociology major but I'm done with all the King Hall classes, specially the 3rd floor.
laugh.gif

All my classes are in the new CRIM building this quarter.

Originally Posted by jrdnkiks213

I'm completing my last quarter at CSULA right now.

Sociology major but I'm done with all the King Hall classes, specially the 3rd floor.
laugh.gif

All my classes are in the new CRIM building this quarter.

Nice
pimp.gif

Big ups bro completing and now moving on to bigger things.
Because CSULA don't offer upper division courses every single quarter, I have to take my last course in the fall of '09
mad.gif
and have to graduate until 2010.
But least I'll be finally done...
eyes.gif

I'll be moving on up!
laugh.gif

Plus I'll be taking my vacation on a boat cruise to the mexican riviera in October, been needing it ya' know!
smokin.gif

But big ups to everyone finishing within this year and next year. Do it to it.

^ Thanks.

I haven't had to take a required course for the past two quarters because I knocked all of those out pretty quick. The only thing I needed was just generalelectives so it's been relatively easy finding classes that fit my schedule and basically just get the units.

I know they've been reducing the amount of times they offer required courses every quarter for some majors but they can't be cutting required courses. I mean I know they would, because they tried doing that to the Sociology majors, but people spoke upand the classes were offered. But even them cutting the amount of times they offer a course can hurt people badly. I know people that were supposed tograduate this year but had to push it back to next winter.

What's your major though?

Originally Posted by MonopolyMan630

Originally Posted by Orange Soda Man

I'll be attending CSUN starting this upcoming summer session -- transferring from UCSB.

Just curious, why the switch from UCSB to CSUN?
As awesome as UCSB and living in Isla Vista is, I'm a Film/Journalism major and UCSB only offers a Film Studies program rather than aproduction program and they don't offer a journalism major. When I applied for the CSUN film program I didn't get accepted, but two and a half yearslater finally I've been accepted. So I'll be double majoring in Cinema Television Arts and Journalism at CSUN.

Originally Posted by MonopolyMan630

I'll be attending CSUN starting this upcoming summer session -- transferring from UCSB.

Just curious, why the switch from UCSB to CSUN?
As awesome as UCSB and living in Isla Vista is, I'm a Film/Journalism major and UCSB only offers a Film Studies program rather than a production program and they don't offer a journalism major. When I applied for the CSUN film program I didn't get accepted, but two and a half years later finally I've been accepted. So I'll be double majoring in Cinema Television Arts and Journalism at CSUN.
Nice, I go to csun right now and am thinking of going for the multimedia production option.

I'm a history major doing the Teacher Prep. program...
I know sounds boring..but that's why I'm going to be doing the internship soon to find methods on how to make the class both equally entertaining andcomprehensive in the field of U.S history or World history. Still undecided on what to teach in either high school or middle school.

Originally Posted by OG2345

I know sounds boring..but that's why I'm going to be doing the internship soon to find methods on how to make the class both equally entertaining and comprehensive in the field of U.S history or World history. Still undecided on what to teach in either high school or middle school.

laugh.gif
.. I don't think I'd be able to go through years of US/Worldclasses for a History major.. but props to you man, as long as you get that degree!

Originally Posted by jrdnkiks213

Originally Posted by OG2345

I know sounds boring..but that's why I'm going to be doing the internship soon to find methods on how to make the class both equally entertaining and comprehensive in the field of U.S history or World history. Still undecided on what to teach in either high school or middle school.

laugh.gif
.. I don't think I'd be able to go through years of US/World classes for a History major.. but props to you man, as long as you get that degree!

Fo sho I am. Should be done in the fall it's been confirmed. My advisor is keeping me on check sikk wit it
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by steveshuz

CSU Dominguez Hills 2004 Teacher Prep

Now teaching/guidance counselor at Foshay in L.A.

Just curious bro, how did you become a guidance counselor, also if your teaching?
I want to do that also, other than teach History forever.

^^^^^After teaching a few years, I went for a Masters degree in Educational Counseling because I didn't want to be in the classroom forever. I earned itat the University of La Verne in 18 months. You earn a Masters + a Counseling credential. You cannot become a counselor without it. CSUDH has a goodcounseling program also. If you have any other questions, I will be happy to share info. Peace.

Originally Posted by steveshuz

^^^^^After teaching a few years, I went for a Masters degree in Educational Counseling because I didn't want to be in the classroom forever. I earned it at the University of La Verne in 18 months. You earn a Masters + a Counseling credential. You cannot become a counselor without it. CSUDH has a good counseling program also. If you have any other questions, I will be happy to share info. Peace.
Thanks a lot man, some helpful info. I'm thinking of doing that maybe after earning my BA.
happy.gif

Dominguez Hills right here. I'll be done with this damn Master's Program this semester! Yes sir!
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by Greezee

Dominguez Hills right here. I'll be done with this damn Master's Program this semester! Yes sir!
pimp.gif
honestly how hard/easy is the program there? i go there now and want to take the masters program too but worried its gonna be read 3 books a weektype of %^&*

In all honesty, to me it's not that bad. I think it would really depend on your concentration. Mine is Criminal Justice Admin. I'm taking thisstatistics class right
now on Wednesday nights and so far it is easy as hell. I work a full time job and still have time for my studies etc. with no problem. Like I said before, Ithink
it depends on your concentration. You should be alright though.

Who's your stats teacher? Is it omg 321? Well I'm doing business...and I HATE...I mean HATE reading...but I've only got a year to go and its workedfor me so far. I've just heard horror stories of grad school reading 193737 books and writing 50 page papers

My stats teacher is Carlos Jackson. He is a pretty cool dude. I haven't had to do a ton of reading. I think you will since you're concentration isbusiness. I do have to write a 20 page paper though. It's due the first week of May.
smh.gif
You have to do it though.
laugh.gif

What stats is it greezy? 321? I took it last year and I'm in 322 this year. 20 page still isn't too easy....but its a lot better than other peepsI've heard from. Are your classes a lot harder than b.a. classes?

Back
Top Bottom