Any NTers convert to Judaism?

The topic of converting over to Judaism has been on my mind for the last couple of years and I believe I have reached the point that to where I am going to go forward with the process.

I have a few questions for the NTers who have made the conversion: where your friends/family/bf or gf supportive of your decision, what was the determining factor for you to start the process, how was the process of converting over, and how did you go about finding a legit rabbi?

Not about that circumcision life
embarassed.gif

Originally Posted by LoveOfTheGame916

embarassed.gif

Go yell at your parents for not getting that done when you were younger lol.

I've thought about it since it'd be easier to break into the industry, but meh, I could pass as Israeli so I'll just lie.

Originally Posted by HankMoody

Out of sheer curiosity and no malevolence whatsoever, why?

Great community? Great value system? Great culture in which to raise a child?

Don't hear about this that often.

I'm curious about how you came to your decision? Like what religion were you before, why Judaism over the other faiths? No harm, just curiosity.

Originally Posted by eddiehouse5

Pretty much. Not calling out any religion but it seems as certain religions are always involved in scandal, albeit their leaders, practices and or how their church/temple conducts business.

It just maybe I have not been paying attention to the news but I have never heard of scandals involving jews.

Originally Posted by Dalek

Areyou any religion now

I was raised a Christian but as of the last couple of years I have stopped attending the church.

so you're converting for the pragmatic reasons of access to the community, synagogues, self-identification, etc as well as because you're disenchanted with the way other organized religions are more often involved in scandal?

shouldn't you convert because you actually believe in the religion?

as to the question in your post i would say go ask a real jewish person

Originally Posted by RedMan

The topic of converting over to Judaism has been on my mind for the last couple of years and I believe I have reached the point that to where I am going to go forward with the process.

I have a few questions for the NTers who have made the conversion: where your friends/family/bf or gf supportive of your decision, what was the determining factor for you to start the process, how was the process of converting over, and how did you go about finding a legit rabbi?

Holy +%%*. I am in the same position.  Converting from Christianity.

Originally Posted by an dee 51o

Jewish god is terrifying.
To some, life without God is terrifying.
he's cool after you get to know him... he's actually really nice to poor people widows immigants, opressed people etc... I just wouldn't break any covenants with him...

wink.gif

I understand that the underlying M.o of the "church" or false church is undenyably evil. Please dont confuse chrtianty with jesus as his "followers" are not a real reflection of him... Jesus still love you bro... and I hope and pray you dont let thoose negative experiences with church / religion sour those beautifull seeds that can bear fruit with some pruning...

@ redman i think converting is close to a two year process... its very hard to become jewish...

What denomination of Judaism are you converting to? Have you spoken to anyone within the church about it? Do you have any friends who you can talk to? I only say this because I would suggest that you go the Reform route, because others are not as accepting of converts. Do you have any Jewish background in your lineage? This would probably help slightly, but unfortunately there is still a stigma in many circles, and your conversion may be met with resistance. Just know that it may not be an easy road.

(Also, I am not Jewish, myself, but I grew up in an area with a high Jewish population, so I have known quite a few people who have gone through this experience, as well as people who opted not to go through with it after some counseling sessions or slight resistance met in the process.)

Pretty much. Not calling out any religion but it seems as certain religions are always involved in scandal, albeit their leaders, practices and or how their church/temple conducts business.

It just maybe I have not been paying attention to the news but I have never heard of scandals involving jews.
2aew784.gif

This guy has never heard of Google apparently. 

Originally Posted by an dee 51o

Jewish god is terrifying.

Exactly...like OP is willing to forego the "nicer" guy in the new testament and embrace the utterly admitted douche bag in the old? 

I mean I guess being jewish has its benefits...like there being no hell. 

Switching religions to me is like switching drugs. Oh...i'm bored with Cocaine...on to meth! 
eyes.gif

And how does this even make sense to you all condoning this? Becoming Jewish is hard? What type of crap is that? Isn't the point of believing in a religion to bring as many people to it as possible??? 
roll.gif
 Why raise bar if god really does exist? 

On top of that, lets treat converting like we're "tricking" god... but of course, that would imply god isn't omnipotent or omniscient. God doesn't know what you're thinking so you can try and fool it into winning favor. 
eyes.gif

lulz were had.

Originally Posted by LoveOfTheGame916

embarassed.gif

Go yell at your parents for not getting that done when you were younger lol.
omgomgomgomg can we please turn this into a circumcision thread?!
i'll go first

jk yall go first

Back
Top Bottom