Any NTers work in the Sports Business field?

nerd.gif

Figured I'd start this thread to see if there was anyone else on NT inthe business that is in the business or looking to get into it so wecan network, toss some ideas around and help each other out
pimp.gif

I just graduated and I'm looking into starting a sports PR/Marketing business with a couple of people that I know. Looking to focus on using philanthropy to increase visibility and endorsement opportunities.

nerd.gif

Figured I'd start this thread to see if there was anyone else on NT inthe business that is in the business or looking to get into it so wecan network, toss some ideas around and help each other out
pimp.gif

I just graduated and I'm looking into starting a sports PR/Marketing business with a couple of people that I know. Looking to focus on using philanthropy to increase visibility and endorsement opportunities.

i've got one year left in law school but after looking to get into entertainment/sports law.

i've got one year left in law school but after looking to get into entertainment/sports law.

Hope this thread gets a good response!

Anyways, I am a sport management major heading into my senior year this fall. Looking to do my internship with the local AA minor league team and then go to grad school or hop onto somewhere in pro sports doing anything!

Anyways, I am a sport management major heading into my senior year this fall. Looking to do my internship with the local AA minor league team and then go to grad school or hop onto somewhere in pro sports doing anything!

Very interesting topic, I am a third year Marketing student and I would like to get to know more about this.

Very interesting topic, I am a third year Marketing student and I would like to get to know more about this.

Junior Accounting/Finance major here

Would love to work in some sort of front office position at a professional organization, easier said than done tho

Junior Accounting/Finance major here

Would love to work in some sort of front office position at a professional organization, easier said than done tho

I'm still in the process of doing research and writing a business plan.

Definitely think law school is gonna end up in my future by necessity.

I'm still in the process of doing research and writing a business plan.

Definitely think law school is gonna end up in my future by necessity.

I cant really help you too much with that, except for be prepared to work terrible hours, most weekends, and alot of holidays depending on which sport you land in.

I work in sports radio. I like it, but I work crappy hours. There is always some kind of NFL or NBA game on all the big holidays, plus they play on the weekends so you get to enjoy that six day work week. It can be irritating at times but its also fun. I enjoy my job.

If anyone has any radio or sports broadcasting questions, let me know. Ive been in the business for over 4 years now.

I cant really help you too much with that, except for be prepared to work terrible hours, most weekends, and alot of holidays depending on which sport you land in.

I work in sports radio. I like it, but I work crappy hours. There is always some kind of NFL or NBA game on all the big holidays, plus they play on the weekends so you get to enjoy that six day work week. It can be irritating at times but its also fun. I enjoy my job.

If anyone has any radio or sports broadcasting questions, let me know. Ive been in the business for over 4 years now.

Originally Posted by jkballer5

Minor league baseball is TOUGH.  I did my internship in AAA and I hated it.

Originally Posted by jkballer5

Minor league baseball is TOUGH.  I did my internship in AAA and I hated it.

I've always wanted to get into something like that.
I thought about being a Sports Agent, but you need to do tons of networking, and get with the right people.

Kudos to you PMAC for having that goal in mind.

I'm currently an IT manager at the law firm I work at, but have the aspirations of working at a sports management firm.

I've always wanted to get into something like that.
I thought about being a Sports Agent, but you need to do tons of networking, and get with the right people.

Kudos to you PMAC for having that goal in mind.

I'm currently an IT manager at the law firm I work at, but have the aspirations of working at a sports management firm.

Originally Posted by Trelvis Tha Thrilla

did you go to a 4 year college or one of those specific radio broadcasting schools i hear about in commercials?
i saw that espn story about Worldwide Wes.  still not sure what he does exactly but he seems to be very influential and well connected.  maybe some of you guys can read about where he started out.

did you go to a 4 year college or one of those specific radio broadcasting schools i hear about in commercials?
i saw that espn story about Worldwide Wes.  still not sure what he does exactly but he seems to be very influential and well connected.  maybe some of you guys can read about where he started out.

I would one get in that field? the talking on the radio or in front of the camera part, not behind the scenes

Back
Top Bottom