any1 else think of Devin Harris when they see the Hornest vs Mavs series?

I love the way this team looks on paper (the Mavs) but every time I watch one of these playoff games against the Hornets, I think that if D.harris would stillbe with the team CP3 wouldn't be torching them like that. Harris can match CP3's ability to split the defense and penetrate to the basket, also aquicker defender and a quicker everything compared to JKidd, Im not saying he would get shut down, 'cuse I know u can't shut him down, but harris wouldbe they key to them winning that series....
tired.gif
I hope they can take careof business at home....

and on a side note.... GO LAKERS!!!!

I could be wrong but I slightly remember CP3 torching Devin Harris a few times so I doubt he would have made much of a difference.

^^

I co-sign with the nets fan

kidd wanted to leave and go to dallas and hes ebing torched

kidd is still one of my favorite players but this is what he wanted

devin harris would be able to keep up with him more than kidd diop would clog up the middle but thay aint there

remember the Mavs was giving the lakers, Hornets, and Spurs the biz until Devin harris was traded. against the Hornets, theyre 1-3 and that 1 win was whenHarris was still with the Mavs. He was flopper and annoyed the hell out of the opposing pg.

Originally Posted by lnMyMind

I could be wrong but I slightly remember CP3 torching Devin Harris a few times so I doubt he would have made much of a difference.

I see how he could have still had awesome games, but in a seven game series I think harris would have made a big difference, it just looks like the mavsdon't have an answer to anything the Hornets do, esp. CP3.... and Harris has the ability on ofense to beat any guard off the dribble and penetrate to thebasket which is what none of the Mavs players are doing.... force CP3 to play some D for crying out loud!

Chris Paul would be torching Devin as well, but Devin would have made a difference.

Can't wait to see Devin in the playoffs next year
pimp.gif

I won't ever think of Devin Harris unless he's standing right in front of me, in which case I'll say, "so ... you roomed with two white girlsin college?"

Like for real...CP3 scares me. Kidd is my favorite PG of all time and it's RIDIC how hard CP3 is going in on my dude...puase. As a Lakers fan, I'malmost worried... almost
grin.gif

chill on devin harris. dallas would still be down 2-0.only difference is that cp3 wouldnt be scoring as easy as he is now and droppin 30+.

Yeah cause that allan houston gif up there was the last time the Knicks did anything in the playoffs......

Devin would have made a difference but CP3 would be dominating any way. Deserves to be MVP, will not get it (Kobe).

For the few games I got to see Devin play this year since the trade, he is going to be a good point guard, not Kidd/Nash/Parker/Paul/Davis level but that nextcore of point guards. Either way it will be better than anything they have cross the river (Starbury, Small Fry, or Derrick Rose)

nope...it's the mavs team as a whole that looked silly last game, devin harris would not have helped one bit, or hurt them one bit.

Originally Posted by Cyprus Sinner II

No PG in the league would've been able to check CP those last two games.

hey Im not saying any1 can stop CP3 (just for the record) Im just saying everytime I see the mavs stuck on half court offense, looking lost and shootingwaaayyyy to many jumpshots I think of him.... the kid is fierce and attacks the basket esp. in those types of situations....

Even if Paul still gets 37 and 12 against him, Devin would at least go back at him and get 20 and 6 himself. Kidd's and his quadrouple singles allow Paulto not only rest on the defensive end, but totally ignore Kidd and play the passing lanes and go double team other Mavs offensive players.

And as much as I hate DH's flopping, CP3 has a lot of lunging at you and push off type moves that DH would definitely be able to turn into a few charges.

Originally Posted by DatZNasty

Even if Paul still gets 37 and 12 against him, Devin would at least go back at him and get 20 and 6 himself. Kidd's and his quadrouple singles allow Paul to not only rest on the defensive end, but totally ignore Kidd and play the passing lanes and go double team other Mavs offensive players.

And as much as I hate DH's flopping, CP3 has a lot of lunging at you and push off type moves that DH would definitely be able to turn into a few charges.

thats what i was thinkin, i havent been watching this series that close but im pretty sure having to guard jason kidd allows cp to take it easy on defensewhile a younger harris could have made cp work a lot more on defense, im not gonna say that cp doesnt play defense but im sure having kidd on the floor makesit a lot easier for cp

And we're not even mentioning Diop yet, who is our best 5 for everything except scoring (which Damp doesn't give you tons of anyways), in particularbeing able to guard athletic mobile players as well as swithc the pick and roll

devin harris, jason kidd, hurricane katrina..it doesnt matter who you have if you keep refusing to double team chris paul ur gona lose

Back
Top Bottom