Anybody Content With Their Average Life With An Average Salary?

Originally Posted by yungmatt

SoleWoman is a diva
laugh.gif
QFT
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

Listen, my brother said something to me a couple of years ago while I was still in high school. We were talking about different careers and stuff. The onething that you said to me that stayed in my mind from that point on was "It's not about how much you make, but how much you save". Ever sincethen, I became a great saver. Can I take nice vacations if I want? Of course! Even if it takes me slightly longer to save for it. Can I own a luxury car? Ofcourse, just takes me a slightly longer time to save for it. Can I buy a condo? Of course, saving for it little by little. I can own, buy, see anything aperson making $100k a year. It all depends on how much you can save on the side.

To laugh often and much;
To win the respect of intelligent people and the affection of children;
To earn the appreciation of honest critics and endure the betrayal of false friends;
To appreciate beauty, to find the best in others;
To leave the world a bit better, whether by a healthy child, a garden patch or a redeemed social condition;
To know even one life has breathed easier because you have lived.
This is to have succeeded.

i'd rather be living average making a positive difference in the world and being happy. i grew up poor so i know it's possible.

Originally Posted by ProduccionFrescos

$*#! the average life, to shoot for that is bad advice
I prefer paradise...
[color= rgb(255, 0, 0)]..[/color]

[color= rgb(255, 0, 0)]If you're happy, then what can I tell you? I wouldn't be content with a 60k salary though.[/color]

Only place one shouldn't be content with 60 k is NY.

Originally Posted by Roc Boy Jada

Originally Posted by krazy88s

laugh.gif
smh.gif
@ those chasing money. My parents dont/didnt drive nice cars and such, but Im not going to take a job that pays a lot if Im not happy with it.
People wanting to make more money in life is a bad thing?

If that's what they want in life, I see no problem.

Even if they don't like what they do for a living, they probably want to feel secure with the amount of money they have and avoid any future situations of money ever being an issue, along with other possible reasons.

Personally, I'd rather have a job that I don't like and feel secure with my salary than to have a job that I enjoy making an average amount of money.

laugh.gif
I dont recall saying anything was bad.

"CANT GET PAID IN A EARTH THIS BIG?..
YOU WORTHLESS KID DONT DESERVE TO LIVE " - KILLA CAM

NAH IT IS MANY WAYS JUST ON HOW SMART YOU GRIND
& WHO YOU KNOW

Originally Posted by SiMPLYDiMPLY

To laugh often and much;
To win the respect of intelligent people and the affection of children;
To earn the appreciation of honest critics and endure the betrayal of false friends;
To appreciate beauty, to find the best in others;
To leave the world a bit better, whether by a healthy child, a garden patch or a redeemed social condition;
To know even one life has breathed easier because you have lived.
This is to have succeeded.

i'd rather be living average making a positive difference in the world and being happy. i grew up poor so i know it's possible.

So weird, I just read that same quote in someone's office last night.

Even if they don't like what they do for a living, they probably want to feel secure with the amount of money they have and avoid any future situations of money ever being an issue, along with other possible reasons.

Personally, I'd rather have a job that I don't like and feel secure with my salary than to have a job that I enjoy making an average amount of money.

wait till you get there homie ... i can almost guarantee you will not feel this way once you experience what its like to be miserable and have money ... if youstill feel that way then more power to you, but going to a place you dont want to go everyday or doing a job that you dont want to do everyday just to makemore money will weigh on your life HEAVILY ...

Originally Posted by FrenchBlue23

Originally Posted by Trelvis Tha Thrilla

Originally Posted by SoleWoman

Originally Posted by Supermanblue79

Originally Posted by DownyBoy

Originally Posted by RezzurrectMe

Im in VA.....yes she works as well......we have a beautiful apatment.....Im pretty much content. Maybe later on i'll save for a condo......and another car. However, that's a couple of years away.
im in va as well. thing are always better with joint income but still...that amount in va is tough imo. and like i said its only me. Im tryna get my weight up to do better tho.
If you cant live of 50k then you have problems.
are you aware of the differences in cost of living...?
In VA??? Where are you living that you can't do with 50k?
VA cost of living is a beast. Average split level attached town home will run you $500,000 plus when I was
looking to move into the area for a career change and that was 2 years ago. Even the salary increase in VA wasn't enough
for me to provide what I wanted for my family.
and to the dude who said it's not like im living in nyc...im not that far either. so in comparion to say texas or georgia, 50k is trash.
I will say it again, if you are single with no children and you cant live off 50K then you have problems.
EXACTLY. How can you not live on 50k if you are single?
roll.gif

I mean, what the hell are you buying?

Seriously what are you spending your money on ?"""

laugh.gif
smh.gif
@ those chasing money. My parents dont/didnt drive nice cars and such, but Im not going to take a job that pays a lot if Im not happy with it.

laugh.gif
I dont recall saying anything was bad.
I guess the "
smh.gif
" gave me the impression that you felt itwas a bad thing.

What's there to shake your head about when it comes to anyone chasing money?

^^ Oh, I see. But I just think people should do something, because they like or enjoy it. Not soley because of monetary value. Thats all. But IMO the thingsmost like (such as helping others, whether social work, etc.) dont pay much. So, they take jobs thats not as appealing to them as something else.

Well coming from the projects, I'm 21 I have my own place in a nice area and I drive a kinda new car (07)

I think I'm doing better than most people my age and I'm happy with myself now, but I always want more so I'm always grinding
When I finish school my salary with probably double.

I will never sacrifice my happiness for money though

As long as I can get what I want and live comfortable and not having to worry about money I'm good.

"I got millions and I'm still broke"

where i'm at, 30k will support a family with the basic necessities for life.

with that being said, expenses expand to fit income, so idk if i could make it on anything less than 40k, and i'm single, 23 years old.

having to adjust to a lower income would suck.

Originally Posted by ProduccionFrescos

Originally Posted by Emmanuel Goldstein

how old are you roc boy?
I'm curious to know why that matters
laugh.gif

because in my experience, both personal and external, as you grow older you change your outlook on life ... he made a specific statement indicating he would behappier at a miserable job making a lot of money than at a monetarily average job doing something he loves ...

Originally Posted by RLAK824

Originally Posted by FrenchBlue23

I will say it again, if you are single with no children and you cant live off 50K then you have problems.
EXACTLY. How can you not live on 50k if you are single?
roll.gif

I mean, what the hell are you buying?

Seriously what are you spending your money on ?"""
1400*12 = 16800...that's a third of the salary pre-tax. add in utilities, living expenses, possible student loans...and you might be able toSURVIVE...but that's not living

Gotta love the entire "money isn't everything" charade.
The fact is not having enough (or too little) money can make your life miserable. On the other hand an excess of money does not make your life more miserableno matter how many times you listen to "mo money, mo problems."
laugh.gif

Of course there are tons of people with money who are still miserable but that's most likely because they are mentally unstable people who consistentlymake poor choices.
If an individual has an inferiority complex or some other psychological problem than they're !+!# out of luck because money can't really fix that.

However, if you're a stable person than your goal should be to make it where money is the least of your problems.

Originally Posted by SpringfieldXD

where i'm at, 30k will support a family with the basic necessities for life.

with that being said, expenses expand to fit income, so idk if i could make it on anything less than 40k, and i'm single, 23 years old.

having to adjust to a lower income would suck.

Pssh living in Los angeles 30k can only afford a apartment or really small condo not unless you move out to the valley or riverside or corona. To me personallycoming from a Poor city (compton, CA) 30k is just not enough to me to really raise a family and provide the finer things for them but even with todaysnecessities is hitting small income families hard considering the state of California has no money. He'll there even cutting welfair when there's apoor economy and no jobs. The Economy just making It harder for people nowdays

Back
Top Bottom