Anybody Content With Their Average Life With An Average Salary?

Sure is not you make about $3K more than what I make and I can't stand the job I am at right now bunch of nosy talkative women sit around all day barelydoing much work not unless it's the nurses and just talking about nothing and have the nerve to critize me for my work I am still a new employee to themedical field and medical records hate this place I work at. Sorry I just had to vent a little

If only I had a nickle for every time I heard "money won't buy you happiness."

I've made a decision as a child that I was going to be rich, I don't mean 100K rich. I'm talking millions net worth. I want to give my
mother that house she couldn't afford, I want to take my grandmother out of the ghetto. I want to own the BEST things in life
because I feel I'm subject to it. No one you will ever know will work harder for something they want than me. I'm only 16 and I spend every
night thinking about the future and what I will become.. how I will succeed. It kept me up on the internet a lot of times trying to find
the answer. I don't care how old I am so don't say "enjoy your life, don't think about the future your only 16!" No, I want to be a
millionaire, a provider, and someone when kids look at him and say " I want to be just like him".

@%$#, you know what career path I could take? Enlighten me please, save me a lot of restless nights.

Bumping this thread for those who can relate. I make a measly 43k/year currently and feel like I can't afford quality here in MD anymore. Jumping ship To Dallas this May.

Not content but not miserable. Between 45-50k and in michigan that gets u a long way. I make a nice amount yearly outside of work. The goal for me used to be get rich by any means now I just wanna get to that comfortable place. I don't need a mansion and Bentleys and private jets. Just want a nice house and to be happy. Soon.

Pretty dam content right now. I Should be making 48k or maybe 50k this year depending if i take a bunch of over time. Single and no kids and living in Seattle.

My Whole life been making less than 10k part time while being a college student. Dropped out quit my old job and started working other places.

Will probably make 56-58k in couple years...

I'm in the same boat as y'all, make a little over 55k and I'm not content with it at all.

Last edited:
Bumping this thread for those who can relate. I make a measly 43k/year currently and feel like I can't afford quality here in MD anymore. Jumping ship To Dallas this May.
houston > 

im over 70k with no wife, kids or debt. in houston thats pretty comfortable but im still not content with my salary.

i am happy though. i love what I do so that helps a lot. 

I make about 70 a year here in NYC and I live a very basic life. I have basically a wife, co-op, and dog. I'm pretty happy though. Maybe it's living around all these fake *** bustas that just makes me feel happy everyday just to be a normal, honorable person. I'm went to business school and tried the whole mega job 80 million hrs a week high salary thing until 25 when I just joined the civil service. People make fun of the civil service but believe me I have been in both worlds and long term the civil service people are happier albeit poorer. Less divorces. Less complete alienation from family and society at large. I'm not saying those big jobs aren't worth it you just have to be ready for the long term sacrifice.

I make a bit over 60K and I'm not content with it at all. Leaving here in Maryland, it's pretty difficult to find a nice spot that will fit into my budget. Fortunately, I know what my target salary is inorder for me to live the way I want so I'm working towards that.

Cars, cribs, money, had to find me some

Zeek right behind me thun, thun he played by all the rules

Thats why the house is his, the cars, all the jewels

Y'all n___all the fools

Your regular married with children, dawg 9 to 5 office pool
Couldn't live that life, I need a loft and pool

Cameron Giles preaches nothing but the truth!

Nah, that 9-5 sucka' lifestyle with a boss and all that isn't for me. I'm tryna' move my parents to the hills and live as a creative. I currently work at a Drug rehabilitation program and make 50K a year. This is not the life for me. 50K is not real money to me. I need be doing what i enjoy for a living and make a living doing it. Waking up a 6 AM everyday and clocking out at 3 P.M. five days a week is just robotic. My advice to all of y'all is if, whatever your studying in school..... Be sure to ask yourself "Do i actually enjoy this? Could i see myself working in this field for the rest of my life?" Because if your just going to school, and just getting a degree or certificate just to make money and pay bills. You'll be so miserable. Chase after whatever you truly enjoy doing on the daily and what inspires you.

I currently produce music; make beats. I also want to design clothes, write music videos treatments. Get into short film and animation. Just an all around creative that has a huge imagination nd sees no end to creativity. Owning my own business, from restaurants, boutiques. Etc. Damn man, this working life just isn't what i want to be apart of. I'm sorry...

for the ones that are not content, what is the reason why you aren't content?

Not enough money
Not enough time to dedicate to true passions/hobbies
No direction in life

I'm the complete opposite. I already make over 6 figures and still decided to go back to school and work on getting my Master's. I'd say I fall into the "I don't need to get rich or have mansions" group, but when I think about it, I feel like that's what I'm chasing...or at least, the idea of being that wealthy.

I can pretty much already buy what I want (within reason). If you follow me on IG, you know I'm dedicated to my passion/hobbies. And I'm just lucky I figured out what I wanted out of my life while I was still relatively young.

At the end of the day, I just have that inner desire for me to keep pushing myself. It's tough to explain, it's either just you have it in you, or you don't.

Last edited:

Not enough money

Not enough time to dedicate to true passions/hobbies

No direction in life
I'm with you all the way up until no direction in life.

I definitely have a direction and path that I am working towards.

I'm making a decent salary , but am looking to atleast double it this year hoping to almost triple it.

I have a goal of how much money I need per month to live a life exactly how I want, and I also have a overall end goal of how much money I want to make a month.

I am just looking to achieve financial freedom, that is my current goal .

I have direction and a path in my life also, it's more of placing the pages in order for this chapter of my life.

If you don't have a direction in life. I suggest for people to take some time and figure out what would make them happy in life?

Create end goals to achieve that happiness then reverse engineer it. Go from the end goal to starting goal to figure out what steps you need to take to make it to your end goals.

You can apply reverse engineering to a lot of things in life.

If you don't have a direction in life. I suggest for people to take some time and figure out what would make them happy in life?
Create end goals to achieve that happiness then reverse engineer it. Go from the end goal to starting goal to figure out what steps you need to take to make it to your end goals.

You can apply reverse engineering to a lot of things in life.

I needed to hear this. I've been stuck in a rut for a couple of years now. I have a good salaried career but it's going nowhere fast. I live a moderate lifestyle and manage my money extremely well so finances isn't an issue. It's just that I've gotten content and comfortable and I hate feeling this way knowing I have potential and other ambitions in other areas.

But do you really have to reverse engineer in order to move forward?

I needed to hear this. I've been stuck in a rut for a couple of years now. I have a good salaried career but it's going nowhere fast. I live a moderate lifestyle and manage my money extremely well so finances isn't an issue. It's just that I've gotten content and comfortable and I hate feeling this way knowing I have potential and other ambitions in other areas.

But do you really have to reverse engineer in order to move forward?
You don't have to reverse engineer to move forward, but its a good way to plan out and finish tasks.

You can't get to point D without completing A, B, and C .

For example, if I wanted to switch careers into cyber security.

End goal : Land a cyber security position

Yearly goals : Obtain 3 certifications , Attend 5 networking events , Apply to 50 Cyber Security positions, etc

Monthly goals : Study for X certification -> Take X certification exam , Research cyber networking events -> Attend 1 networking event, Apply to 10 cyber positions

Monthly goals keep you focused on your yearly goals , yearly goals track your end goals . If you stay disciplined it will work out.

Last edited:
I'm happy but not content. If I can make about 15k more in the next 5 years I'd be cool. To put that into perspective, I'd still be under six figures but things like student debt would gone. I think for my situation I'm in a good spot and each month gets better as my debt decreases.

You don't have to reverse engineer to move forward, but its a good way to plan out and finish tasks.

You can't get to point D without completing A, B, and C .

For example, if I wanted to switch careers into cyber security.

End goal : Land a cyber security position

Yearly goals : Obtain 3 certifications , Attend 5 networking events , Apply to 50 Cyber Security positions, etc

Monthly goals : Study for X certification -> Take X certification exam , Research cyber networking events -> Attend 1 networking event, Apply to 10 cyber positions

Monthly goals keep you focused on your yearly goals , yearly goals track your end goals . If you stay disciplined it will work out.
how I game plan make......short tem goals and long term goals..... crush the short term goals first then looks towards the long term goals.

how I game plan make......short tem goals and long term goals..... crush the short term goals first then looks towards the long term goals.
Yeah man, I used to only do 1 yr and 5 yr goals and would always be off mark.

2 years would go by and I still hadn't hit my previous 1 yr goals.

Smaller 1 mo, 3mo and 1yr goals keep you on track and accountable .

Back
Top Bottom