anybody evacutating for matthew??

I'm in DC, but was supposed to fly down to West Palm today for my homeboys wedding on Saturday. Half of the crew is down there already in the hotel chilling. Hope I can get down there early Saturday in time.

Ya'll people stay safe.

Palm beach county is getting the worst. No dutty wine for carnival I guess this weekend :frown:

Palm beach checking in just put shutters up on some of the windows gonna ride it out Godspeed!

Shot this at the Jax Beach Pier this morning...time to get outta here!

View media item 2189749

Amazing photo, everyone stay safe out there

Death toll has risen to 108 in Haiti according to CNN. they cant catch a break over there. I was hoping NT could start a donation fund or if there was one already that i missed please someone link it to me. Thanks!

Last edited:
Family is in Orlando. They're all holed up at home and predicting no power for next few days after the hurricane swings through.

Matthew might be going through a eye wall replacement which could be some good news because it can't get any stronger

Last edited:
This is wild, central Florida checking in. So how come nothing as been invented to weakend or dissipate a hurricane ?

Lots of over exaggerating in the media, got people way more shook than they should be.

Went back and checked the 3 hurricanes that hit us (Im on the space coast), in 2004, and two of them were category 4s and came within 3 weeks of each other, and another category 3 came 3 weeks later. :wow:

I can only speak for my area, but there was only fallen trees and power outages, no mass devastation.

Last edited:
Lots of over exaggerating in the media, got people way more shook than they should be.

Went back and checked the 3 hurricanes that hit us (Im on the space coast), in 2004, and two of them were category 4s and came within 3 weeks of each other, and another category 3 came 3 weeks later. :wow:

I can only speak for my area, but there was only fallen trees and power outages, no mass devastation.
Nothing really happened over here besides flooding and power outtages

How are yall jobs handling this? My office closed early yesterday and probably won't open till like next week. That's how I was able to stock up at Target before the late afternoon came and **** got crazy. Other people I know still had to work until 5 yesterday, which is ridiculous.

My company offered to either let us use our PTO or just give us the proper pay for the rest of the 40hr week (for those like me who are hourly). The only catch is that we have to make up the hours they're giving us within the next month by working overtime :rofl:

So my company is basically offering me a loan.

Last edited:
South Florida checking in. Left my condo in broward and in Dade with the family. 

Spent the morning putting up shutters but It looks like palm beach/north florida is going to get it bad. 

Usually hurricanes are pretty chill but this one seems like its the real deal. 

Who remembers hurricane Wilma? We didn't have electricity for 2 weeks and i believe that was category 2/3 

Hope everyone got everything they need. we gone ride this one out like always. 

Had to turn from MSNBC, talking about certain places could be UNINHABITABLE for weeks or MONTHS :rolleyes

Over-the-top coverage got the rest of the country tuned in for the ratings :smh:

Did some last minute running around :smh:

Target, Walmart , publix and Winn-Dixie look hurt.

Only went out to pick up some Lemonade for this Bombay.

Everyone be safe out there. This hurricane need to hurry up and pass so I can go fishing since my job closed till Monday

Just got in from ft lauderdale beach. Elbo Room was filled to capacity :lol: Took some pictures but the swell weren't as high as I expected. Chinese spot was still open :pimp:

If this a Category 4 and they said to evacuate why do people ride it out? I'm pissed at my Dad for staying when yesterday I told him it was a Category 3 and he said they aint said to evacuate. I'm like its a Category 3 they aint gotta tell you to leave and why would you wanna stay anyway? If there is no power or the streets are flooded you can't do anything and its inhabitable. I don't understand the disrespect for Mother Nature. It will always be undefeated.

Just got in from ft lauderdale beach. Elbo Room was filled to capacity :lol: Took some pictures but the swell weren't as high as I expected. Chinese spot was still open :pimp:
elbow room :lol: I haven't been there in years. Doesn't that place get washed out every hurricane?

Most likely, its literally across the street from the beach

If this a Category 4 and they said to evacuate why do people ride it out? I'm pissed at my Dad for staying when yesterday I told him it was a Category 3 and he said they aint said to evacuate. I'm like its a Category 3 they aint gotta tell you to leave and why would you wanna stay anyway? If there is no power or the streets are flooded you can't do anything and its inhabitable. I don't understand the disrespect for Mother Nature. It will always be undefeated.

Has he been through a lot of them? A lot of us down here are use to this.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom