Anybody know when the next 50% off is?

I got cool grey lebrons.... The all pink lebrons for my shorty.... And 2 Kobe elite quater hi socks.... My connect was like u don't want nuffin else... Even called me back to tell me he had a little more on his discount card lol.... That's my slime

I got cool grey lebrons.... The all pink lebrons for my shorty.... And 2 Kobe elite quater hi socks.... My connect was like u don't want nuffin else... Even called me back to tell me he had a little more on his discount card lol.... That's my slime

30t6p3b.gif
I forgot about it being a 50% weekend over there, everything I wanted didn't drop here (Pewters, Electric Greens & Entourages) so I was hoping to get them through the sale.

30t6p3b.gif
I forgot about it being a 50% weekend over there, everything I wanted didn't drop here (Pewters, Electric Greens & Entourages) so I was hoping to get them through the sale.

YO!
Originally Posted by jackl45

Never seen people so afraid to get $40 for two pairs of shoes for basically doing nothing.  Oh well.

I don't think it's so much "afraid" as it's them looking out for them and their people first. $500 gets gone quick, especially at 50% instead of 30%. Just say an employee (female) lets her boyfriend come through. He grabs Lebrons, AM2011's, and AM2011's for her. She already at $240 before her Mom or sister or cousin or best friend come through. And that's all she got for the rest of the month.

On the real, you can't fault dudes. The good ol' days are gone. Solid connects ain't so solid no more...

ohwell.gif

I got Trainer Huaraches (2 purr!), 993's, Cranberry's, Forces, Bo's, elite socks, Orions & cool greys for my nephews, Levi's Cargos, AM 09's (men and women), 95's for my girl... Chucks for my other girl
nerd.gif
tongue.gif

pimp.gif

DF!!!

YO!

Never seen people so afraid to get $40 for two pairs of shoes for basically doing nothing.  Oh well.

I don't think it's so much "afraid" as it's them looking out for them and their people first. $500 gets gone quick, especially at 50% instead of 30%. Just say an employee (female) lets her boyfriend come through. He grabs Lebrons, AM2011's, and AM2011's for her. She already at $240 before her Mom or sister or cousin or best friend come through. And that's all she got for the rest of the month.

On the real, you can't fault dudes. The good ol' days are gone. Solid connects ain't so solid no more...

ohwell.gif

I got Trainer Huaraches (2 purr!), 993's, Cranberry's, Forces, Bo's, elite socks, Orions & cool greys for my nephews, Levi's Cargos, AM 09's (men and women), 95's for my girl... Chucks for my other girl
nerd.gif
tongue.gif

pimp.gif

DF!!!

Go LWP royal/yellow HOH Warriors
Kobe VI glass blue
Elite "Kentucky" shorts black/red

Kept it light this time

Go LWP royal/yellow HOH Warriors
Kobe VI glass blue
Elite "Kentucky" shorts black/red

Kept it light this time

Originally Posted by AirAnt23

YO!

ohwell.gif

nerd.gif
tongue.gif

pimp.gif

DF!!!

i feel you completely,  i just can't stand it when employees look at me like im stupid when i mention the words "50% weekend"   i've had some dudes in the past roll their eyes and tell me there's no such thing as a 50% weekend. i just don't like people lying to me in my face i take it as disrespect.   those type of employees get shocked when i tell them that they could just be upfront and tell me they can't hook me up and i'd have no hard feelings but it's corny when you try and lie in someones face.

i have no problem with someone telling me upfront, "i can't because my $500 is already accounted for between me, family and friends"  or "i'm not going to risk getting in trouble during this 50% by hooking people up"  

i don't work for the company so im not entitled to anyones discount, so if i get shut down, it's not hard feelings  as long as i get treated with the same respect and consideration i show the employee.

this past thursday i talked to a few different people in store and while i wasn't able to get any help this weekend from them due to them getting stuff for themselves, family, and close friends, i was pleased with how everything went talking to them considering that they were all open to helping me on the 30% in may and for future 50% weekends, and a dude on here that helped me out in the past came thru for me this weekend so i ended up being able to get what i wanted in the end.

i agree with the part about the good ol days being gone.  2008-09 seems so far away now when it was a 50% almost every month
laugh.gif
   but if things stay the same way with the $500 limit on future 50%'s it's going to be tough to get hooked up consistently if you don't work for the company.

YO!

ohwell.gif

nerd.gif
tongue.gif

pimp.gif

DF!!!

i feel you completely,  i just can't stand it when employees look at me like im stupid when i mention the words "50% weekend"   i've had some dudes in the past roll their eyes and tell me there's no such thing as a 50% weekend. i just don't like people lying to me in my face i take it as disrespect.   those type of employees get shocked when i tell them that they could just be upfront and tell me they can't hook me up and i'd have no hard feelings but it's corny when you try and lie in someones face.

i have no problem with someone telling me upfront, "i can't because my $500 is already accounted for between me, family and friends"  or "i'm not going to risk getting in trouble during this 50% by hooking people up"  

i don't work for the company so im not entitled to anyones discount, so if i get shut down, it's not hard feelings  as long as i get treated with the same respect and consideration i show the employee.

this past thursday i talked to a few different people in store and while i wasn't able to get any help this weekend from them due to them getting stuff for themselves, family, and close friends, i was pleased with how everything went talking to them considering that they were all open to helping me on the 30% in may and for future 50% weekends, and a dude on here that helped me out in the past came thru for me this weekend so i ended up being able to get what i wanted in the end.

i agree with the part about the good ol days being gone.  2008-09 seems so far away now when it was a 50% almost every month
laugh.gif
   but if things stay the same way with the $500 limit on future 50%'s it's going to be tough to get hooked up consistently if you don't work for the company.

Originally Posted by Cedric Ceballos 1995 Lakers

YO!

ohwell.gif

nerd.gif
tongue.gif

pimp.gif

DF!!!

laugh.gif

Originally Posted by Cedric Ceballos 1995 Lakers

YO!

ohwell.gif

nerd.gif
tongue.gif

pimp.gif

DF!!!

laugh.gif

YO! HOOPSboy... which division did you cop Glass Blues from? Thinking about seeing if my man's will let me order them on the 30.

Ced... I dig where you coming from. And I'll believe that you're being respectful but keep in mind, the 5, 6, 7 dudes before you weren't. I was in stores where dudes was just wildin' out. Walking in the store like "Yo, can I use somebody 50% off?!?" Like
30t6p3b.gif
Customers like "what 50% off?"
laugh.gif
Some dudes just !%!@ it up for everybody. Which is why the good days are so long gone. It ain't just they new CEO. It's the abuse that was going on before he took over... And word is, he gonna be in Charlotte for the Jordan Classic. If I see him I might ask him what's good.
laugh.gif

DF!!!

YO! HOOPSboy... which division did you cop Glass Blues from? Thinking about seeing if my man's will let me order them on the 30.

Ced... I dig where you coming from. And I'll believe that you're being respectful but keep in mind, the 5, 6, 7 dudes before you weren't. I was in stores where dudes was just wildin' out. Walking in the store like "Yo, can I use somebody 50% off?!?" Like
30t6p3b.gif
laugh.gif
Some dudes just !%!@ it up for everybody. Which is why the good days are so long gone. It ain't just they new CEO. It's the abuse that was going on before he took over... And word is, he gonna be in Charlotte for the Jordan Classic. If I see him I might ask him what's good.
laugh.gif

DF!!!

30t6p3b.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

DF!!!
i've seen some stuff like that happen in person. some dudes are stupid and from working in retail in the past, i know for a fact it's alot of customers who could care less about an employees job, or care less about making things hot in the store as long as they get their discount and it ruins things. when i worked at lids, dudes would come up to me asking me for my discount in front of my manager, district manager, or just even other employees and i would just give them the
indifferent.gif
and be like are you that inconsiderate that you'd ask me for my discount in front of my district manager, you could care less about getting me in trouble so why should i even consider hooking you up.

your right about the previous abuse though, with that being said,  can't wait til the next 50% thread around september most likely
laugh.gif

30t6p3b.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

DF!!!
i've seen some stuff like that happen in person. some dudes are stupid and from working in retail in the past, i know for a fact it's alot of customers who could care less about an employees job, or care less about making things hot in the store as long as they get their discount and it ruins things. when i worked at lids, dudes would come up to me asking me for my discount in front of my manager, district manager, or just even other employees and i would just give them the
indifferent.gif
and be like are you that inconsiderate that you'd ask me for my discount in front of my district manager, you could care less about getting me in trouble so why should i even consider hooking you up.

your right about the previous abuse though, with that being said,  can't wait til the next 50% thread around september most likely
laugh.gif

Any speculations on when FinishLine will have a 50? My luck with Champs was not as expected. Damn exclusions..

Any speculations on when FinishLine will have a 50? My luck with Champs was not as expected. Damn exclusions..

Like Ced & Ant said I believe its more of the stupid customer and employees that take advantage then it being the CEO. You have your IDK customers that go in 34st ftl like "whats good with the 50" not knowing or caring that your in the corporate building. Then comes the employees that are dumb. I have lost 2 connects due to stupidity. One that was a connect for about 2 years. He wants to think that he is untouchable and collects money on the floor not know that he is being watched. Now out of a job with no money. Then you got shorty that i tell her relax on buying so many pairs of the same shoe. Mind you this back when you could almost get away with anything at ftl (2004). She goes store hopping and gets about 18 pairs of cool grey iv. 2 days later no job. People on both ends need to chill and approch the situation correct and all will be good. I just got a new connect this weekend. Yea I let him feel like he got me for a lil paper but then let him know I can get him whatever he wants from bestbuy with my lil bro discount. Next thing you know he ready to give me my paper back and asking for some beats by dre headphone. So now it yo just call me when you need some stuff and dont worry about it. As long as everyone eats everybody happy

Back
Top Bottom