Anyone a vegetarian?

Originally Posted by JordanFean23

yo katie jade I watched the documentary and couldn't take it after 40 minutes into... I was closing my eyes and trying to avoid some parts lol but yea I think I'm gonna do it, not to be healthy but because I love animals and that was just sickening smh

I'm telling you bro, it makes you sick. I was like fighting back vomit and crying. It's serious stuff. At the end he says something like "if slaughterhouses had glass walls we'd all be vegetarians" which is soooo true. What they do to those animals and how they're forced to live isn't morally right and it's definitely breaking laws and codes and whatever. 

I just don't understand how someone could work at a slaughter house especially the dude clipping the pigs... I seriously hid under my sheets and couldn't watch lol

I just don't understand how someone could work at a slaughter house especially the dude clipping the pigs... I seriously hid under my sheets and couldn't watch lol

they prob grew up like that, maybe their dad was a farmer and you know how it goes....

they prob grew up like that, maybe their dad was a farmer and you know how it goes....

Originally Posted by KatieJade4

I mean, I know being a vegetarian is healthy and stuff but I think the bigger reason I'm doing it is because of the animals. 10,000 times a minute, an animal is slaughtered in the most inhumane way. The way animals are treated is disgusting and sickening. We're eating as much chicken in one day than people ate in a whole year back in 1930. Like, I don't even know how to not preach about this after watching the documentary.

I'm looking into getting that book The Outermost House by Henry Beston.
i never really cared about the animals till i saw some vid on misc of a guy hitting a cow with a hammer, well i didnt even want to see it really....so i stopped it. idk how people can do something like that. but at first i started to think about becoming a vegetarian because of the diet i constructed, and ive always wanted to try it out, but never really committed.

about to watch vid in about 5min tho....

glad to see no one is joking about it, and srry for not searching meth
embarassed.gif

Originally Posted by KatieJade4

I mean, I know being a vegetarian is healthy and stuff but I think the bigger reason I'm doing it is because of the animals. 10,000 times a minute, an animal is slaughtered in the most inhumane way. The way animals are treated is disgusting and sickening. We're eating as much chicken in one day than people ate in a whole year back in 1930. Like, I don't even know how to not preach about this after watching the documentary.

I'm looking into getting that book The Outermost House by Henry Beston.
i never really cared about the animals till i saw some vid on misc of a guy hitting a cow with a hammer, well i didnt even want to see it really....so i stopped it. idk how people can do something like that. but at first i started to think about becoming a vegetarian because of the diet i constructed, and ive always wanted to try it out, but never really committed.

about to watch vid in about 5min tho....

glad to see no one is joking about it, and srry for not searching meth
embarassed.gif

Originally Posted by DCAllAmerican

Originally Posted by Method Man

any vegetarians on NT?
[font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]
[/font]

[font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][color= rgb(255, 255, 255)][/color][/font]

[/font]
laugh.gif
Took my advice
Hey man, why reinvent the wheel?  I only wish we had posts from 5-8 years ago so I could link people to some old threads on racial inequality.  It's like taking the Delorean back to when I actually had time to discuss this stuff on NikeTalk.
I have been reading the book "Skinny Bastard" (male version of "Skinny #%+%*") -  and wow. After reading through just the first 5 chapters I think I'm already on the path to becoming Vegan.I know that all authors have their own biases, but after doing some researching of my own, I found everything in the book to be fact. I think I can do without meat, it's the dairy/fish portion that's going to be hard.Here is an excerpt from the book:
Our enzymes, digestive tracts, and organs are all different from those found in carnivores. Like it or not, our kidneys, colon, and liver are ill-equipped to process animal flesh. Compared with carnivores, our intestines are very long, so food that doesn’t get adequately processed becomes clogged in our intestines. Animals quickly pass food through their digestive systems, but we have food rotting, decomposing, and fermenting in our intestinal tracts and colons; hence the need for colonics.75 You don’t see many tigers getting colonics, do you? You do see them napping, though. Even though their bodies are designed to digest meat, animals generally sleep all day while doing so because it is such a taxing process. Genetically and structurally, we are designed to thrive on plant foods.76 William C. Roberts, M.D., editor of the American Journal of Cardiology, said, “When we kill animals to eat them, they end up killing us because their flesh, which contains cholesterol and saturated fat, was never intended for human beings, who are natural herbivores.

Originally Posted by Method Man

any vegetarians on NT?
[/font]

[font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][color= rgb(255, 255, 255)][/color][/font]

[/font]
laugh.gif
Took my advice
Hey man, why reinvent the wheel?  I only wish we had posts from 5-8 years ago so I could link people to some old threads on racial inequality.  It's like taking the Delorean back to when I actually had time to discuss this stuff on NikeTalk.
I have been reading the book "Skinny Bastard" (male version of "Skinny #%+%*") -  and wow. After reading through just the first 5 chapters I think I'm already on the path to becoming Vegan.I know that all authors have their own biases, but after doing some researching of my own, I found everything in the book to be fact. I think I can do without meat, it's the dairy/fish portion that's going to be hard.Here is an excerpt from the book:
Our enzymes, digestive tracts, and organs are all different from those found in carnivores. Like it or not, our kidneys, colon, and liver are ill-equipped to process animal flesh. Compared with carnivores, our intestines are very long, so food that doesn’t get adequately processed becomes clogged in our intestines. Animals quickly pass food through their digestive systems, but we have food rotting, decomposing, and fermenting in our intestinal tracts and colons; hence the need for colonics.75 You don’t see many tigers getting colonics, do you? You do see them napping, though. Even though their bodies are designed to digest meat, animals generally sleep all day while doing so because it is such a taxing process. Genetically and structurally, we are designed to thrive on plant foods.76 William C. Roberts, M.D., editor of the American Journal of Cardiology, said, “When we kill animals to eat them, they end up killing us because their flesh, which contains cholesterol and saturated fat, was never intended for human beings, who are natural herbivores.

--I dont know maaaaan...if the WHOLE world went vegan it can mess up the eco-system or something. jk. I wouldnt know...but
--Having everything in the food pyramid in moderation > cutting off eating meat completely.

--I dont know maaaaan...if the WHOLE world went vegan it can mess up the eco-system or something. jk. I wouldnt know...but
--Having everything in the food pyramid in moderation > cutting off eating meat completely.

Well I'm a pescetarian...I pretty much watched a food/meat production video and the rest is history
I even had chicken seasoned for dinner that night and I couldn't even cook it. The video kept flashing in my head

Well I'm a pescetarian...I pretty much watched a food/meat production video and the rest is history
I even had chicken seasoned for dinner that night and I couldn't even cook it. The video kept flashing in my head

Method, hope you see this. Can you give me YOUR meal plan for like 2-3 days. I am interested in what you eat.

One thing about Westerners, we have been trained to allow meat to dominate our plates. This is one thing I have consciously thought about as time has gone on. More veggie consumption has been my goal. Raw ones at that. I hardly ever eat cooked veggies, I have been turned off by them as of late.

I am seriously thinking about becoming vegan as I read more.

Method, hope you see this. Can you give me YOUR meal plan for like 2-3 days. I am interested in what you eat.

One thing about Westerners, we have been trained to allow meat to dominate our plates. This is one thing I have consciously thought about as time has gone on. More veggie consumption has been my goal. Raw ones at that. I hardly ever eat cooked veggies, I have been turned off by them as of late.

I am seriously thinking about becoming vegan as I read more.

Originally Posted by DARTH DNZY

It's a valid point. But what about pesticides, chemicals, and steroids are eco-friendly? If the whole world went vegan, things would probably return to how they should be. I know it's a loaded statement, but maybe one day we will find out.

Originally Posted by DARTH DNZY

It's a valid point. But what about pesticides, chemicals, and steroids are eco-friendly? If the whole world went vegan, things would probably return to how they should be. I know it's a loaded statement, but maybe one day we will find out.

+1
The hardest part for me isn't cutting out meat, dairy and fish, but more to do with what is actually left for me to eat?

Veggies, fruits, tofu, natural (wheat) pasta and grains...and I'm talking just general categories here.

+1
The hardest part for me isn't cutting out meat, dairy and fish, but more to do with what is actually left for me to eat?

Veggies, fruits, tofu, natural (wheat) pasta and grains...and I'm talking just general categories here.

i was raised vegetarian so i don't need meat but i do enjoy chicken and the occasional burger!

morningstar farms has some AMAZING vege meat btw. was raised on that stuff and STILL enjoy it

i was raised vegetarian so i don't need meat but i do enjoy chicken and the occasional burger!

morningstar farms has some AMAZING vege meat btw. was raised on that stuff and STILL enjoy it

Back
Top Bottom