Anyone dated a sorority girl before?

Originally Posted by Peep Game

Originally Posted by joegolfdad

off topic but what's the point of a fraternity/sorority?

To build relationships through community service and networking. But what I mostly saw was party party party party party party and donate some clothes once a month.

this. at least its how i see it from the outside...i go to an HBCU and each frat has a certain stigma attached to them they every member seems to ultimately become apart of but all the chicks seem to love it. only thing i ever see them do is throw parties (legal and illegal) and a forum here and there. i considered it for the networking but im not for the hazing and the dummy missions they send you on.

To build relationships through community service and networking. But what I mostly saw was party party party party party party and donate some clothes once a month.

this. at least its how i see it from the outside...i go to an HBCU and each frat has a certain stigma attached to them they every member seems to ultimately become apart of but all the chicks seem to love it. only thing i ever see them do is throw parties (legal and illegal) and a forum here and there. i considered it for the networking but im not for the hazing and the dummy missions they send you on.

Originally Posted by iWhipMyHeadovv

This is the sad part about greek life, that after all these years we haven't broken this stereotype. Too many organizations conform to it. I personally HATE partying and I love my organization because they changed my view of what sororities were about. For me, as cliche as it sounds, it really was about sisterhood. I have traveled to TX, NY, NJ, etc, and have never spent a penny on a place to stay. Maybe it's because we're so small in comparison to older orgs, but I love that I have close connections with my sisters all over the nation. Also, community service is something you can do on your own, but in my experience you really can do much more good in groups. In my 4 years as a sister, we've thrown maybe 5 parties, and at least 50 events on political, cultural, social, and education awareness. It's not about partying. BUT...sadly, the bigger, more well known orgs ruin it for all of us.

Originally Posted by iWhipMyHeadovv

This is the sad part about greek life, that after all these years we haven't broken this stereotype. Too many organizations conform to it. I personally HATE partying and I love my organization because they changed my view of what sororities were about. For me, as cliche as it sounds, it really was about sisterhood. I have traveled to TX, NY, NJ, etc, and have never spent a penny on a place to stay. Maybe it's because we're so small in comparison to older orgs, but I love that I have close connections with my sisters all over the nation. Also, community service is something you can do on your own, but in my experience you really can do much more good in groups. In my 4 years as a sister, we've thrown maybe 5 parties, and at least 50 events on political, cultural, social, and education awareness. It's not about partying. BUT...sadly, the bigger, more well known orgs ruin it for all of us.

If your not in a Frat yourself, don't think it'll last long. There only good for the short time P. Any Sorority chick with alcohol in them is 100% easy. But if you talking about having a relationship with them, don't count on it.

If your not in a Frat yourself, don't think it'll last long. There only good for the short time P. Any Sorority chick with alcohol in them is 100% easy. But if you talking about having a relationship with them, don't count on it.

I don't know about white organizations but if your girl is in a minority organization, you most likely won't see her at night due to library hours, pledging, mixers (closed parties with frats), etc...

Went out with a sorority girl once....like Cam'ron says: "Girls all *****"

I don't know about white organizations but if your girl is in a minority organization, you most likely won't see her at night due to library hours, pledging, mixers (closed parties with frats), etc...

Went out with a sorority girl once....like Cam'ron says: "Girls all *****"

Originally Posted by 4318MichaelJohnson4318

Originally Posted by KingZarus1

what sororities are yall talking about?? lol , my girl is in a sorority (Alpha Kappa Alpha) and im in a fraternity (Omega Psi Phi).. never any problems. you don't HAVE to go to anything you don't want to. u don't sign contracts that say to "go to every event related to the organization".

Don't listen to these cats, deal with who u wanna deal with... if she is who u think she is, then u don't have a prob. a sorority will not change that..
Please your soul for dating an AKA chick. They are usually bad chicks but the maintenance and the color scheme
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif

lol yeah, the AKAs are known for the looks, but other black sororities are no slouches either. Cant forget my DIVAstating sorors of Delta Sigma Theta..

Originally Posted by 4318MichaelJohnson4318

what sororities are yall talking about?? lol , my girl is in a sorority (Alpha Kappa Alpha) and im in a fraternity (Omega Psi Phi).. never any problems. you don't HAVE to go to anything you don't want to. u don't sign contracts that say to "go to every event related to the organization".

Don't listen to these cats, deal with who u wanna deal with... if she is who u think she is, then u don't have a prob. a sorority will not change that..
Please your soul for dating an AKA chick. They are usually bad chicks but the maintenance and the color scheme
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif

lol yeah, the AKAs are known for the looks, but other black sororities are no slouches either. Cant forget my DIVAstating sorors of Delta Sigma Theta..

Originally Posted by kickstart

I think this thread would be better if the OP asked for opinions from non greeks dating greeks. If you're greek I don't think ya'll see the "problems". 
laugh.gif
Have to disagree with you. I wasn't greek my entire life
laugh.gif
. I'm 24, I made 21 while i was on line. It's not like i wasn't old enough to peep out how females in sororities are with a nongreek eye.. I've experienced dating a Greek before and after.. same rules apply. It just depends on who the girl is. Either she lets the organization take over her life, or she exemplifies the organization through her natural lifestyle. Think about it dude
grin.gif

Originally Posted by kickstart

I think this thread would be better if the OP asked for opinions from non greeks dating greeks. If you're greek I don't think ya'll see the "problems". 
laugh.gif
Have to disagree with you. I wasn't greek my entire life
laugh.gif
. I'm 24, I made 21 while i was on line. It's not like i wasn't old enough to peep out how females in sororities are with a nongreek eye.. I've experienced dating a Greek before and after.. same rules apply. It just depends on who the girl is. Either she lets the organization take over her life, or she exemplifies the organization through her natural lifestyle. Think about it dude
grin.gif

Originally Posted by Drunken Cow

eyes.gif
uumm where do you live?? don't u think it's kinda unfair to say that a sorority chick with alcohol in them is 100% easy?? I've seen WAAAY more easy %!% pop off with nongreeks than greeks here in New Orleans where greek life is passionate.. i know from experience
indifferent.gif

eyes.gif
uumm where do you live?? don't u think it's kinda unfair to say that a sorority chick with alcohol in them is 100% easy?? I've seen WAAAY more easy %!% pop off with nongreeks than greeks here in New Orleans where greek life is passionate.. i know from experience
indifferent.gif

eyes.gif
indifferent.gif
was gonna say this. we actually have standards for people to get in, we're not gonna accept a known *****... i know the same goes for NPHC..soooo many people don't make it on line.
i cant help but think comments like this are about the predominantly white orgs, sorry. *shrug*

eyes.gif
indifferent.gif
was gonna say this. we actually have standards for people to get in, we're not gonna accept a known *****... i know the same goes for NPHC..soooo many people don't make it on line.
i cant help but think comments like this are about the predominantly white orgs, sorry. *shrug*

I dated a Zeta back in the day. She was just like any other chic I dated. During the school year she was busy with her sorority stuff.

I dated a Zeta back in the day. She was just like any other chic I dated. During the school year she was busy with her sorority stuff.

Well it's been good so far. She seems like my type of chick, pretty chill and like thytkerjobs she doesn't really party all that much.
Trust is going to be the main issue, and until she gives me a reason not to trust her then it's all good.
Seems like it's a plus to be on good terms with her sisters too, and the ones I've met I actually like....I don't see too many problems coming from this now, and I'm usually anti relationship.

Well it's been good so far. She seems like my type of chick, pretty chill and like thytkerjobs she doesn't really party all that much.
Trust is going to be the main issue, and until she gives me a reason not to trust her then it's all good.
Seems like it's a plus to be on good terms with her sisters too, and the ones I've met I actually like....I don't see too many problems coming from this now, and I'm usually anti relationship.

Originally Posted by omgitswes

Seems like the main problem GDI's have is that they think they aren't "enough" for a greek woman. That's false, most of my closest potnas aren't Ques. If you're comfortable with yourself around greek dudes then she will see that. It will impress her, trust me, because lots of dudes feel inferior when they come around me or my frat.. I just laugh because i was NEVER like that. I used to look at them like "who the &$*# are you?!" ..
laugh.gif

just do you homie, take the tags off and let that $&#$ ride.. #pause
eyes.gif

Originally Posted by omgitswes

Seems like the main problem GDI's have is that they think they aren't "enough" for a greek woman. That's false, most of my closest potnas aren't Ques. If you're comfortable with yourself around greek dudes then she will see that. It will impress her, trust me, because lots of dudes feel inferior when they come around me or my frat.. I just laugh because i was NEVER like that. I used to look at them like "who the &$*# are you?!" ..
laugh.gif

just do you homie, take the tags off and let that $&#$ ride.. #pause
eyes.gif

Naw fam it wasn't even that, the frats at our campus aren't even that big of a deal....I went to high school with most of them and know how they really are.
Like I said I'm just not a huge social person and wasn't looking forward to formals and stuff. It's whatever though, I can suck it up and go. Might actually enjoy it.

Naw fam it wasn't even that, the frats at our campus aren't even that big of a deal....I went to high school with most of them and know how they really are.
Like I said I'm just not a huge social person and wasn't looking forward to formals and stuff. It's whatever though, I can suck it up and go. Might actually enjoy it.

Back
Top Bottom